The Wonderful Dispensation of Grace

Bob Hill

TOL Subscriber
What is so wonderful being saved in this Dispensation of Grace?

We become a new creation. We receive a new name. We have a new identity in Christ. Our old past is destroyed, and we should forget it. How spectacular, that God did this for us. This is the grace of predestination, which is given to us when we trust Christ as our Savior. Eph 1:6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He has made us accepted in the beloved. 7 In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace.

When my younger brother was in the army, he was stationed in Japan. Many of the Japanese girls wanted to come to America. But they couldn’t. They were Japanese. My brother met a Japanese girl. He married her. When he came back to the states, she was able to come too. Why? Wasn’t she still Japanese? Yes, but because she was married to an American, she now had a different identity. Now when she applied for entry into America, the U S looked at her husband. The wife was accepted, because she was in her beloved.

How does all this affect us? Because we have trusted Christ as our Savior (I should say, If you have put your trust in Jesus Christ, that He died for you) you are redeemed and accepted, because you are in Him.

But, the predestined inheritance is the security that we have in this dispensation according to Eph 1:11: In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works the all things (the body of Christ.) according to the counsel of His will, 12 that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.

We have two inheritances. One is predestined. We can’t lose it. The other is conditional. We can lose it. We already have our inheritance in Christ because God predestined it. But our other inheritance depends on our actions here, according to Col 3:23-25: And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, 24 knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ. 25 But he who does wrong will be repaid for what he has done, and there is no partiality.

Again, the guarantee is found only in Paul’s epistles. (According to style, Paul did not write Hebrews.) Eph 1:13,14a “In whom you also, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise, 14a who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession.” Our response: Eph 1:14b to the praise of His glory.

Safe and secure in Christ,
Bob Hill

elected4ever

Bob Hill
What is so wonderful being saved in this Dispensation of Grace?
I get so sick and tired of your reference to this dispensation of grace. No man at any time was saved any other way but by grace. So the entire history of God's salvation to man has been a dispensation of grace. God has reveled Himself to man through different means through history but salvation has always been by grace through faith. Are you going to tell me that God had no others but the Jews. Or is it that the law was given to the Jews in order to reveal the desperate need of grace by man. No man has been saved by law at anytime. The law condemns and executes. It does not save. It has never saved. So stop this crap about being saved by law. It has never happened. Never in the Old Testament and not in the New Testament. Do you clam that Children of God are subject to the sin of the flesh or do you clam that the children of God are set free from the flesh? Is a child of God of the flesh or of the spirit? It seems to me you cannot differentiate between that which is Spirit and that which is flesh.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
elected4ever said:
Bob Hill I get so sick and tired of your reference to this dispensation of grace. No man at any time was saved any other way but by grace. So the entire history of God's salvation to man has been a dispensation of grace. God has reveled Himself to man through different means through history but salvation has always been by grace through faith. Are you going to tell me that God had no others but the Jews. Or is it that the law was given to the Jews in order to reveal the desperate need of grace by man. No man has been saved by law at anytime. The law condemns and executes. It does not save. It has never saved. So stop this crap about being saved by law. It has never happened. Never in the Old Testament and not in the New Testament. Do you clam that Children of God are subject to the sin of the flesh or do you clam that the children of God are set free from the flesh? Is a child of God of the flesh or of the spirit? It seems to me you cannot differentiate between that which is Spirit and that which is flesh.

I agree with the gist of e4e's observations on this issue, but believe Pastor Hill deserves more respect in your tone. If our arguments are solid and persuasive, he would change his views (as he has on other areas in the past, like most of us).

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
elected4ever said:
Bob Hill I get so sick and tired of your reference to this dispensation of grace.
Others of us get sick of your disrespectful stupidity.

No man at any time was saved any other way but by grace.
No kidding. :dunce::duh:

So the entire history of God's salvation to man has been a dispensation of grace.
In a manner of speaking yes but that would destroy the meaning and usefullness of the term. You have to at least make some effort to stay on the same page as the rest of us.

God has reveled Himself to man through different means through history but salvation has always been by grace through faith.
This is only partly true. There was a time when people were saved by grace through faith + obedience to the law. That is not to say that anyone ever earned their way into heaven by being righteous in and of themselves but simply that if you rejected the law and refused to be obedient to it (as best you could) then God would reject you and not extend His grace to you and you would be lost forever.

Are you going to tell me that God had no others but the Jews.
No. But I would say that this is not only a different topic but that it is over your head.

Or is it that the law was given to the Jews in order to reveal the desperate need of grace by man.
False dichotomy.
Revealing the condition of sinful man was one purpose of the law but it was not the only reason it was given.

No man has been saved by law at anytime.
No kidding. Pull your head out! :freak:

The law condemns and executes. It does not save. It has never saved. So stop this crap about being saved by law.
This would be funny if it weren't so stupid. You're the only one slinging crap around e4e. Bob Hill does not believe nor has he ever taught that anyone is or has ever been saved by the law but only that at one time obdience to the law was required in order for God's grace to be extended (i.e. to be saved).

It has never happened. Never in the Old Testament and not in the New Testament. Do you clam that Children of God are subject to the sin of the flesh or do you clam that the children of God are set free from the flesh? Is a child of God of the flesh or of the spirit? It seems to me you cannot differentiate between that which is Spirit and that which is flesh.
I can almost see Pastor Hill nearly falling out of his chair after reading this! Unbelieveable! :bang:

The distinction between the Spirit (captial "S") and the flesh basically defines the core of Pastor Hills ministry and message, as it should anyone's who understands Paul's ministry and models their ministry and message after his.

Resting in Him,
Clete

sentientsynth

e4e said:
I get so sick and tired of your reference to this dispensation of grace.
I bet you get sick of the Apostle Paul too.

Ep 3
1 ¶ For this cause I, Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles—
2 if ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me towards you,
3 how by revelation He made known unto me the mystery (as I wrote before a few words on this,
4 whereby when ye read this, ye may understand my knowledge of the mystery of Christ),
5 which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto His holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit:
6 that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, and of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ by the Gospel.

Like it or not E4E, this IS the dispensation of Grace. Not that other dispensations didn't include God's grace; of course they did. But the members of the Body of Christ are given more grace (though not more mercy) than the members of the other households.

elected4ever

Clete said:
Others of us get sick of your disrespectful stupidity
The stupid people around here are people like you that can't discern the truth.

In a manner of speaking yes but that would destroy the meaning and usefulness of the term. You have to at least make some effort to stay on the same page as the rest of us.
You mean it would prevent you from misleading people. That is the only uses it has in your hands. If I destroy that then that is a good thing. :banana:

This is only partly true. There was a time when people were saved by grace through faith + obedience to the law.
Prove it pea brain.
That is not to say that anyone ever earned their way into heaven by being righteous in and of themselves but simply that if you rejected the law and refused to be obedient to it (as best you could) then God would reject you and not extend His grace to you and you would be lost forever.
That is true today pea brain. That has never changed. Christ fulfilled the law. he did not abolish it. The law still condemns and executes the same as it did before Christ.

No. But I would say that this is not only a different topic but that it is over your head.
What a pile of :pureX: and your stuck in it.

False dichotomy.
Revealing the condition of sinful man was one purpose of the law but it was not the only reason it was given.
Stating one purpose of the law does not make that purpose a false dichotomy. I guess the Apostle Paul preached a false dichotomy by saying that the law was our school master to bring us to Christ. :loser:

No kidding. Pull your head out! :freak:
It is not me that is saying that the law saves. That is you moron. You remember making this statement,"There was a time when people were saved by grace through faith + obedience to the law." Talk about someone with there head in the :comeout:

This would be funny if it weren't so stupid. You're the only one slinging crap around e4e. Bob Hill does not believe nor has he ever taught that anyone is or has ever been saved by the law but only that at one time obedience to the law was required in order for God's grace to be extended (i.e. to be saved).
That is the dumbest remark you have made yet.

I can almost see Pastor Hill nearly falling out of his chair after reading this! Unbelievable! :bang:
I hope he did. He should know better.

The distinction between the Spirit (capital "S") and the flesh basically defines the core of Pastor Hills ministry and message, as it should anyone's who understands Paul's ministry and models their ministry and message after his.
Then why isn't he true to it instead of misrepresenting what Paul taught?

elected4ever

sentientsynth said:
I bet you get sick of the Apostle Paul too.

Ep 3
1 ¶ For this cause I, Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles—
2 if ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me towards you,
3 how by revelation He made known unto me the mystery (as I wrote before a few words on this,
4 whereby when ye read this, ye may understand my knowledge of the mystery of Christ),
5 which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto His holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit:
6 that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, and of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ by the Gospel.

Like it or not E4E, this IS the dispensation of Grace. Not that other dispensations didn't include God's grace; of course they did. But the members of the Body of Christ are given more grace (though not more mercy) than the members of the other households.
Hebrews 1:1 *¶God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 *Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 *Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

If this is what you mean by "dispensation of grace" then I will agree.

sentientsynth

elected4ever said:
Hebrews 1:1 *¶God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 *Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 *Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

If this is what you mean by "dispensation of grace" then I will agree.
I guess Paul's own words aren't enough for you.

In any case, the author of Hebrews is writing of the New Covenant of the Circumcision. Only Paul, Timothy, and Silvanus are the inscripturated authors concerning the Dispensation of the Mystery, or, as Paul puts it in Ephesians, the Dispensation of the Grace of God.

sentientsynth

eige <1489> {IF INDEED} hkousate <191> (5656) {YE HEARD OF} thn <3588> {THE} oikonomian <3622> {DISPENSATION} thv <3588> {OF THE} caritov <5485> tou <3588> {GRACE} yeou <2316> {OF GOD} thv <3588> {WHICH} doyeishv <1325> (5685) {WAS GIVEN} moi <3427> {TO ME} eiv <1519> {TOWARDS} umav <5209> {YOU,}

If <1489> ye have heard <191> (5656) of the dispensation <3622> of the grace <5485> of God <2316> which <3588> is given <1325> (5685) me <3427> to <1519> you–ward <5209>:

eige <1489> {COND} hkousate <191> (5656) {V-AAI-<2>P} thn <3588> {T-ASF} oikonomian <3622> {N-ASF} thv <3588> {T-GSF} caritov <5485> {N-GSF} tou <3588> {T-GSM} yeou <2316> {N-GSM} thv <3588> {T-GSF} doyeishv <1325> (5685) {V-APP-GSF} moi <1473> {P-<1>DS} eiv <1519> {PREP} umav <4771> {P-<2>AP}

3622. oikonomia ~ oikonomia ~ oy-kon-om-ee’-ah; from 3623; administration (of a household or estate); specifically, a (religious) "economy":— dispensation, stewardship.
There you go, E4E (and company). Figure it out for yourself.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Clete: I am not sure there is much difference between not being saved by the law and being saved by faith and obedience to the law. I am confused, with e4e, about your point. It seems the phrases are virtually identical.

Bob Hill

TOL Subscriber
Clete and Sentientsynth,

What do you guys think is the most important question that a person can ask? Here’s what I think, and I think you agree. It is, “What must I do to be saved?” I once asked my junior high boys club: “If I sold my house and my car, had a big garage sale and gave all my money to the church, would that get me into Heaven?” “NO!” they all answered. “If I cleaned the church every day, mowed the yard, and kept everything neat and tidy, would that get me into Heaven?” Again, the answer was, “NO!” “Well, then, if I was kind to animals, gave candy to all of you in boys club, and loved my wife, would that get me into Heaven?” Again, they answered, “NO!” “Well, then how can I get into Heaven?” One boy shouted out, “You gotta be dead!” Well, that wasn’t quite the answer I expected, but with further questioning, the boy agreed that we all must believe that Jesus Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose again on the third day. When we trust in Christ as our Saviour, we are saved and sealed unto the day of redemption, when we get real change.

To my surprise, a person who I thought was a second generation Mid Acts Grace believer asked me, “What is the benefit of Mid-Acts-Dispensationalism? I responded with two answers, immediately. Salvation and security. Did God make a difference in the plan of salvation when Paul got saved? As you guys know, since God changed His dispensational program with Paul’s conversion, what must a person do to be saved in this Dispensation of Grace?

When God made the covenant with Abraham, the answer was: Gen 17:10-14 This is My covenant which you shall keep, between Me and you and your descendants after you: Every male child among you shall be circumcised; 11 and you shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskins, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between Me and you. 12 He who is eight days old among you shall be circumcised, every male child in your generations, he who is born in your house or bought with money from any foreigner who is not your descendant. 13 He who is born in your house and he who is bought with your money must be circumcised, and My covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant. 14 And the uncircumcised male child, who is not circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin, that person shall be cut off from his people; he has broken My covenant.

How would elected4ever answer this Old Testament statement?

In Christ our Savior,
Bob Hill

elected4ever

sentientsynth said:
There you go, E4E (and company). Figure it out for yourself.
Ep 3:4 whereby when ye read this, ye may understand my knowledge of the mystery of Christ),

How do you figure that Paul was the only one that knew the mystery? and why do you keep overlooking this, Romans 11:1 *¶I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
2 *God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,
3 *Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.
4 *But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
5 *Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
6 *And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
7 *What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded
8 *(According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear; ) unto this day.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
godrulz said:
Clete: I am not sure there is much difference between not being saved by the law and being saved by faith and obedience to the law. I am confused, with e4e, about your point. It seems the phrases are virtually identical.

e4e isn't confused at all, he's simply a waste of band width. He should be banned for his wholesale disrespect and vulgarity.

However, to attempt to clear things up for you (godrulz) let me ask you a question. Prior to Paul's ministry, what would have happened to a person who believed in God (like Moses for example) but who refused to get circumcised or to circumcise their male children? If they died in such rebellion to the law, would they go to be with God or not?

Next question,

The Pharisees obeyed the law feverishly but did not mix their obedience to the law with faith. If a person died in such a state would they have been saved or not?

I really hope that the answers to those questions are really obvious and I hope the point I'm trying to make is equally as obvious. Let me know if it isn't.

Resting in Him,
Clete

elected4ever

Paul was a steward of the gospel of grace by election as were the other Apostles and prophets of that day and as we are today. Regardless of what we may or may not think, salvation is by invitation only. That invitation comes from God only. A person just does not wake up one morning and by his own decision become elected.

Bob Hill

TOL Subscriber
Probably the most important question that can be asked is, “What must I do to be saved.”

In Peter’s sermon on the day of Pentecost, which many believe is the alleged beginning of the church, he started preaching with this statement: Acts 2:22 “Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know”.

Then Peter in Acts 2:37, responded to those who were cut to the heart and asked, “Men and brethren, what shall we do?” In other words, “What must I do to be saved?” Acts 2:38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.”

Water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ, according to what Peter said, was necessary for the remission of sins. That’s not what we must do today. We have to believe in Jesus Christ as our Savior. When we do that, the Holy Spirit baptizes us into the Body of Christ and we cannot lose our salvation.

In Christ,
Bob Hill

Bob Hill

TOL Subscriber
The Apostle Paul got saved in Acts 9. The Bible shows us that God changed the program of salvation with its works and gave the new program, of grace through faith, to Paul. A few other things were happening at the same time. In Acts 10:9-35 we see that Peter went up on the housetop to pray . . . he fell into a trance 11 and saw heaven opened and an object like a great sheet . . . let down to the earth. 12 In it were all kinds of four-footed animals . . . 13 And a voice came to him, “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.” 14 But Peter said, “Not so, Lord! For I have never eaten anything common or unclean.” 16 This was done three times.

Then, Peter was asked to come to Caesarea. He met Cornelius and told him: Acts 10:28-33 “You know how unlawful it is for a Jewish man to keep company with or go to one of another nation. But God has shown me that I should not call any man common or unclean. 29 Therefore I came without objection as soon as I was sent for. I ask, then, for what reason have you sent for me?” 30 So Cornelius said, “Four days ago I was fasting until this hour; and at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing, 31 and said, ‘Cornelius, your prayer has been heard, and your alms are remembered in the sight of God. 32 Send therefore to Joppa and call Simon here, whose surname is Peter. He is lodging in the house of Simon, a tanner, by the sea. When he comes, he will speak to you.’ 33 So I sent to you immediately, and you have done well to come. Now therefore, we are all present before God, to hear all the things commanded you by God.”

Now, what did Peter say? Did he say, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ? No! Here’s what he said: Acts 10:34 “In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality. 35 But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him.” Is that how we are saved today? No!

Later, in Acts 15:1, the Council of Jerusalem was caused when “certain men came down from Judea and taught the brethren (in Antioch), “Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved.” At that council, Acts 15:5, “some of the sect of the Pharisees who believed rose up, saying, ‘It is necessary to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.’”

But Paul’s response to that question in the council is given in Gal 2:2. It was, “And I went up by revelation, and communicated to them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to those who were of reputation, lest by any means I might run, or had run, in vain.” Paul explained that his gospel was different. It was given to him directly by the ascended Lord Jesus Christ: Gal 1:11,12 “But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.” This gospel had not been revealed before. The resurrected Christ revealed this new gospel only to Paul.

Now, what is that gospel? Was it similar to what Peter taught? Yes, but it was also different. How was it different? The BIG difference between the dispensation that Peter had been in and the one God gave to Paul is, Circumcision, water baptism, and works of the law for salvation are not part of the new program given to Paul in order for anyone to get saved. :cloud9:

In Christ, my Savior,
Bob Hill

elected4ever

Bob Hill said:
Probably the most important question that can be asked is, “What must I do to be saved.”
Romans 10:10 *For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 *For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12 *¶For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13 *For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14 *How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 *And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ, according to what Peter said, was necessary for the remission of sins.
What is important about baptism is it's symbolism. The Holy vessels where washed with water, not to get the dirt off but to dedicate them to service in the house of God. That is what baptism is. It is a washing of dedication. The body was used by the flesh in the sin of human life and now the body is to be quickened in the service of God by the Spirit. It is the putting away that which was before and being made clean by the washing with water by the word. It makes the vessel fit for service. It also is the picture of what has occurred. It pictures the death burial and resurrection of Christ and it shows the death and burial of our sin and the realization of the resurrection to come. Why would you not submit to baptism when it is such a clear statement of our faith in Christ? Why should i thing you are saved when you refuse to do the first things?

That’s not what we must do today. We have to believe in Jesus Christ as our Savior. When we do that, the Holy Spirit baptizes us into the Body of Christ and we cannot lose our salvation.

In Christ,
Bob Hill
Why the rebellion, Bob? Is the dedication of your body in the service of Christ such a bad thing or have you reserved for yourself the right to sin if you choose too? :(

elected4ever

According to Bob Hill and his elk I can through out almost all of the Bible. It wasn't written to me since I am a gentile. I can get red of 3 of the 4 gospels. I can get rid of Hebrews,James, the 2 letters of Peter,the three letters of John,Jude, Revelation and the entire Old Testament. A a matter of fact the first 8 chapters of Acts I can get rid of even though it was written by a Greek doctor. Those 8 chapters are for Jews and do not pertain to me . I am a gentile you see and only Paul has the mystery revealed to him so all before Paul is worthless. What a moron. :rotfl:

sentientsynth

elected4ever said:
Ep 3:4 whereby when ye read this, ye may understand my knowledge of the mystery of Christ),

How do you figure that Paul was the only one that knew the mystery?
Did I say that Paul was the only one that knew the Mystery? No. Bump your quote back one verse. The Mystery, which had been kept hidden in God, unrevealed in previous generations, was made known first to Paul, an apostle not by men nor through men, by the direct revelation of Christ. Do I claim that Paul was the only one to understand? No. What I do claim is that Paul's message is Paul's gospel and that it is distinct from the Gospel of the Circumcision, just as he says it is.

and why do you keep overlooking this, Romans 11:1 *¶I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
2 *God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,
3 *Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.
4 *But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
5 *Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
6 *And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
7 *What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded
8 *(According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear; ) unto this day.
Overlooking? Are you joking? This girds up my view all the better!

Go eat some Wheaties and try again.