The Walk-Away

Gerald

Resident Fiend
ninjashadow said:
I agree with you. I think that it's what's in a person's heart that matters. A death bed repentance only "works" if the person truly means it. Just saying it doesn't mean much.
Unfortunately, there is no way to tell if a person "truly means it".

Sold Out

Zakath - I shouldn't, but I like your little quote (referring to God works in mysterious ways)...that is too funny!!

Zakath

Resident Atheist
ninjashadow said:
Not for you an me, but God knows and he's the only one who matters in the situation.
But since he's not talking to anyone about it, (unless you're like Benny Hinn or Oral Roberts) the world and the Church are SOL when it comes to telling whether you've got the real McCoy or a fake.

Sozo

Zakath said:
But since he's not talking to anyone about it, (unless you're like Benny Hinn or Oral Roberts) the world and the Church are SOL when it comes to telling whether you've got the real McCoy or a fake.

When did the following happen to you?

"The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God"

Mr. 5020

Sozo said:

How would we know that is happening? It's not bearing witness to us.

:confused:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Sozo said:

Perhaps I should have added "Sozo" to the list with Hinn and Roberts...

Has your god been talking to you lately again about who is and who isn't "saved", Sozo?

Sozo

Zakath said:
Perhaps I should have added "Sozo" to the list with Hinn and Roberts...

Has your god been talking to you lately again about who is and who isn't "saved", Sozo?
I knew you would ignore the question, and respond with an ignorant comment completely unrelated.

I can easily judge what someone claims about God and the message concerning Christ.

Mr. 5020

Sozo said:
If you don't want to answer the question, then butt out.
What the heck are you talking about? I asked a question to you out of curiosity. You responded with a question that was too vague for me to answer correctly, and I'm the one who has trouble answering questions?

Ninjashadow

Zakath said:

I don't think it's the church's place to say who's going and who's not without a doubt. Only God can truly know someone's heart. Like it says in the bible, "Many will come to me and I will say I never knew you."

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Sozo said:
I knew you would ignore the question,
I considered the source and decided not to waste my time. You have repeatedly, and emphatically, stated that you do not believe I was ever a Christian. As such your question is meaningless.

and respond with an ignorant comment completely unrelated.
I could make a similar comment about your initial quesiton. My comment was germaine to my original point.

I can easily judge what someone claims about God and the message concerning Christ.
Yup. That's why I added you to the list along with Hinn and Roberts... I've heard them claim the same thing.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
ninjashadow said:
I don't think it's the church's place to say who's going and who's not without a doubt.
Yet a number of roles in the Church need to be filled only by believers. If there is no reliable way to tell who the believers actually are, then how is the Church to fill those roles effectively?

Only God can truly know someone's heart. Like it says in the bible, "Many will come to me and I will say I never knew you."
Unless they're like Sozo. Read his post prior to this one...

Ninjashadow

What I'm getting at, Zakath (and I appreciate your intelligent approach) is that it's the heart that matters. If someone doesn't accept Jesus as their Savior, then they really don't have a chance to get into heaven, that's why the church roles are filled with believers.