The True Gospel: Does it matter?

Lon

Christians have difficulty understanding snow white and the seven dwarfs ;what good would it do to further damage their intellect?
They can't figure out what they have now why make things any harder?

Best proof that this is the case is best seen with the tens of thousands of separate and combative denominations and many thousands more that proliferate daily. THEY CAN'T ALL BE RIGHT BUT THEY CAN ALL BE WRONG.
Too simplistic imh studied opinion. Not cookie-cutter, nor 'anything goes' amongst us. A healthy group of denominations is a good thing simply because it focusses more on our needs. For instance: Same church, different services, one for older music lovers, one for the younger crowd. Separate, but unified. Doctrine across board, is MUCH more the same than different. In any church reading the bible, God is going to talk to those who are His own. We need to be combative, as scripture calls us, against heresy. He is sovereign over the churches today, regardless of commentary from the peanut gallery. I think you can observe, but can as easily observe wrong or immaturely as the next guy. -Lon

Artur Axmann

Too simplistic imh studied opinion. Not cookie-cutter, nor 'anything goes' amongst us. A healthy group of denominations is a good thing simply because it focusses more on our needs. For instance: Same church, different services, one for older music lovers, one for the younger crowd. Separate, but unified. Doctrine across board, is MUCH more the same than different. In any church reading the bible, God is going to talk to those who are His own. We need to be combative, as scripture calls us, against heresy. He is sovereign over the churches today, regardless of commentary from the peanut gallery. I think you can observe, but can as easily observe wrong or immaturely as the next guy. -Lon

Lon: You have a splinter of truth but you are devoid of any true understand of denominationalism.

What you wrote can be understood if not for the fact that each denomination stresses doctrinal differences and are not content is focusing on needs,as you put it.

Lon, I strongly recommend you return back to school and resume classes in church history. ASAP!

Lon

Lon: You have a splinter of truth but you are devoid of any true understand of denominationalism.

What you wrote can be understood if not for the fact that each denomination stresses doctrinal differences and are not content is focusing on needs,as you put it.

Lon, I strongly recommend you return back to school and resume classes in church history. ASAP!
Nice come back? You came out without the gloves and this is definitely a sock account.

I've seen believers in every one of the denominations I've been in. You? :think: Billy Graham has united many different groups every time he's done a crusade in a town. Whatever you 'think' you know, you could use me for a bit more schooling. That's a fact. Now that you are righteously offended, perhaps I'd add I can learn from others too. I'm just saying you aren't there yet, son. Keep praying and working on humility. :e4e: In Him -Lon

glorydaz

Ah, and Lon just pulls the evil wolf's tail while wielding a sword in his right hand. :thumb:

glorydaz

Nice come back? You came out without the gloves and this is definitely a sock account.

I've seen believers in every one of the denominations I've been in. You? :think: Billy Graham has united many different groups every time he's done a crusade in a town. Whatever you 'think' you know, you could use me for a bit more schooling. That's a fact. Now that you are righteously offended, perhaps I'd add I can learn from others too. I'm just saying you aren't there yet, son. Keep praying and working on humility. :e4e: In Him -Lon

Don't let down your guard, Lon. He isn't interested in learning anything.

Too many sock accounts, and all working for the enemy....sowing seeds of discord. This is not flesh and blood we war against.

Reactions: Lon