The Tribulation Temple (ie: 3rd Temple)

beameup

Then I was given a measuring rod like a staff, and I was told, “Rise and measure the Temple of God and the altar and those who worship there, but do not measure the court outside the Temple; leave that out, for it is given over to the nations [Gentiles], and they will trample the holy city [Jerusalem] for forty-two months [3 1/2 yrs.] - Revelation 11:1-2

beameup

Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the Temple of God, displaying himself as being God. - 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the Temple of God, displaying himself as being God. - 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4

Do you realize that no stone temple can ever be the temple of God.

Act 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

Interplanner

Beam:
the event in Thess happened in the 1st century. There were actually 3 zealot factions led by 'messianic' figures, or claiming inside connection with the supernatural power of God to overthrow the Romans. These three groups also fought eachother for dominance, instead of cooperating, a really stupid move. Simon bar-Giora, John of Gischala (in Galilee) and ______ the zealot. (Of course, they were all zealots, but he used the descriptor). They all sought to use the temple grounds as their HQ and the leading one succeeded in doing so.

They were all stopped of course, however, as we know, the worldwide judgement of God did not take place 'right after' (to quote Mt 24:29). God delayed that.

Zeke

1Cor 3:16, Luke 17:20-21, Acts 17:24, time to wake up beam to the facts about where Gods kingdom and temple has always been located dipicted by allegories that were never meant to be read as secular history 2Cor 3:6.

beameup

1Cor 3:16, Luke 17:20-21, Acts 17:24, time to wake up beam to the facts about where Gods kingdom and temple has always been located dipicted by allegories that were never meant to be read as secular history 2Cor 3:6.

The "Allegorical" method of Bible interpretation was devised by Origen, one of the primary creators of the "Catholic Church". So, you are spouting Catholic Replacement Theology, the apostasy with its origin in the 4th Century. The early church fathers, prior to the apostasy of Catholicism, took Biblical Prophecy LITERALLY.

beameup

And from the time that the daily sacrifice is taken away, and the abomination of desolation is set up, there shall be one thousand two hundred and ninety days [3 1/2 years + 30 days]. - Daniel 12:11 NKJV

Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,' spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place [Holy of Holies] (whoever reads, let him understand), - Matthew 24:15 NKJV
So when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,' spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not” (let the reader understand) - Mark 13:14 NKJV

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Good topic to research, Beameup.

Who builds the 3rd temple?
Built before or after the return arrival to earth of Christ?

beameup

Good topic to research, Beameup.

Who builds the 3rd temple?
Built before or after the return arrival to earth of Christ?

It will be built prior to the return of Christ since the False-Messiah has to enter it and proclaim himself GOD, thus committing the "Abomination of Desolation (lit: HORROR)".
I believe you can see architectural plans online. All the implements of gold, silver and bronze have already been made (no Ark), the courses of priests have been trained. So, it could be built anytime.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It will be built prior to the return of Christ since the False-Messiah has to enter it and proclaim himself GOD, thus committing the "Abomination of Desolation (lit: HORROR)".
I believe you can see architectural plans online. All the implements of gold, silver and bronze have already been made (no Ark), the courses of priests have been trained. So, it could be built anytime.
OK, so in your estimation the Jews will be regathered into the land and build this temple before Christ returns? Right? (I don't want to misrepresent what you say.)

And I do have a few questions about this, so I hope you don't mind me asking them.
I'll try to ask them one at a time so as not to bombard you! hehe!

The Jews that are planning this temple construction; what king or prince do they expect to rule?
Do they have someone in mind? Are they even looking for candidates from the line of David to be their king?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

I do not believe in a tribulation temple. I am also not a dispensationalist. I do not even know if a temple will exist during a thousand years.

Shalom.

Jacob

Zeke

The "Allegorical" method of Bible interpretation was devised by Origen, one of the primary creators of the "Catholic Church". So, you are spouting Catholic Replacement Theology, the apostasy with its origin in the 4th Century. The early church fathers, prior to the apostasy of Catholicism, took Biblical Prophecy LITERALLY.

No iam spouting the spiritual intent of the dead letter 2Cor 3:6. Rome is your mama seeing you follow their carnal interpretation of the life of Christ a pattern shadow of a inward event in every divine seed.

KingdomRose

Then I was given a measuring rod like a staff, and I was told, “Rise and measure the Temple of God and the altar and those who worship there, but do not measure the court outside the Temple; leave that out, for it is given over to the nations [Gentiles], and they will trample the holy city [Jerusalem] for forty-two months [3 1/2 yrs.] - Revelation 11:1-2

So? That is all figurative, just as most of Revelation is figurative. There is no physical temple, and there will never be one built again. The temple of God is now in heaven, where Christ entered into it to present to God the value of his sacrifice. (See Hebrews 9:11,12.) So why do you insist that another temple will be built? You will wait in vain. The passage from Revelation has a SPIRITUAL meaning, not a physical one.

"He [Jesus] has sat down at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens, a public servant of the holy place and of THE TRUE TENT, which [God] put up, and not man." (Hebrews 8:1,2)

KingdomRose

Excuse little ole me, but this verse is referring to the apostate church that built itself up after the last Apostle died, in the first century. It made itself into "the temple of God," misleading the people into believing it was actually of God. This apostate religion has exalted itself above every so-called god, and has fooled the world into thinking that it really does represent God.

This "son of destruction" is the same thing as the apostate group that Jesus, John, Peter and Paul warned would infiltrate the Christian congregation and practically choke out the truth for a LONG time. (Matthew 13:24-30, 37-43; I John 2:18,22, 4:3; 2 Peter 2:1-3, 12-16; Acts 20:29,30)

It is part of Babylon the Great, the world empire of false religion. (Rev.17:1-6, 15-18)

"I know that after my going away [Paul's death] oppressive wolves will enter in among you and will not treat the flock with tenderness, and from among you yourselves men will rise and speak twisted things to draw away the disciples after themselves." (Acts 20:29,30)

That has been the state of affairs since the first century, after the last Apostle died. Don't be deceived into looking for a literal single man of lawlessness or another temple.

beameup

what king or prince do they expect to rule?
The Orthodox Jews are looking for some sort of "manager", but nothing "supernatural".
The Temple Institute has made all the available preparations and feel that
by building the Temple, their manager-messiah will arrive. "if they build it he will come"

Clearly the New Testament declares that there must be a Temple prior to Christ's return. Jesus, Paul & John testify to it.
Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord [adown], whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his Temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts. - Malachi 3:1

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Clearly the New Testament declares that there must be a Temple prior to Christ's return. Jesus, Paul & John testify to it.

"And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God." (2 Corinthians 6:16)

The modern temple of God has existed since Pentecost in 30 CE.

Where do you think Christ will "return" from? Is he that far from you?

KingdomRose

Beameup....What, no comment on the well-thought-out posts #14 & #15? Nothing to say to scriptures that cause your trumped up idea to collapse?

Zeke

God doesnt dwell in temples made with hands, so these things happen in you not some event in this kingdom of man.