THE THRONE OF DAVID

DougE

Isaiah 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

The Lord Jesus Christ will sit on the throne of David in the kingdom on earth.

Psalm 132:11 The LORD hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne.

This Psalm is saying that the fruit of David's body will sit on David's throne.

Acts 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

In the above verse Peter is speaking of David.

Acts 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Peter is saying what Psalm 132:11 said as well, that the risen Christ would be the one to sit on the throne of David; it is Christ who is the fruit of David's loins.

beloved57

Isaiah 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

The Lord Jesus Christ will sit on the throne of David in the kingdom on earth.

Psalm 132:11 The LORD hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne.

This Psalm is saying that the fruit of David's body will sit on David's throne.

Acts 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

In the above verse Peter is speaking of David.

Acts 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Peter is saying what Psalm 132:11 said as well, that the risen Christ would be the one to sit on the throne of David; it is Christ who is the fruit of David's loins.
Christ sits on the Throne of David now in Heaven, establishing His Spiritual Kingdom , the Church !

Bradley D

Throne of David seems to be one Christ's titles.

"He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end" (Luke 1:32-33).