ECT The theological structure of the DofJ overshadows the two standing towers

Interplanner

Yet God did not defend them as the Revelation and the prophets says he would.

The Rev did not. Many Christians perished, but many escaped during the stall. Christ was a prophet, too, who said that many might perish in the event, 24:9. But he wanted to save any he could to keep the church and the mission going, 24:16.

SaulToPaul 2

The Rev did not. Many Christians perished, but many escaped during the stall. Christ was a prophet, too, who said that many might perish in the event, 24:9. But he wanted to save any he could to keep the church and the mission going, 24:16.

The second coming, throughout all of prophecy, is an event where the LORD defends Jerusalem as opposed to an event where God allows them to be run into the ground, and churned into dust. Hence, the events of 70ad and the second coming, while both prophesied, are different events. The wise student makes not of this and listens closely to the LORD Jesus as the gives the discourse from the Mountain of the Olives, and does not shoe horn his own ideas into it. Agreed?

Interplanner

There are no NT passages that have Judaic details in them about the 2nd coming. There is no theological "need" to defend Jerusalem. I'm referring to Rom 2, 8, I Cor 15, Heb 10, 2 Peter 3, Acts 17, etc, as far as plain language passages about the 2nd coming in Judgement. Or I Thess 1. 2 Th 2 was coming so soon, they thought it had already happened.

I can see an artificial episode of Judaism starting up, that would confuse the Gospel and people, but God would not defend that, would he?

There is no 2P2P in the Bible, that would force there to be Judaic 2nd coming details to happen.

The destruction of Jerusalem described in Mt24A is followed at v29 by the worldwide judgement 'immediately after.' That is the NT original view. It also allowed for a delay, because only the Father would decide when to end the world.

Mt 24A is Judaic and first-century; 24B is worldwide and (now) indefinite. 2 Thess 2 is part of the 1st-century Judaic scene.

The judgement on Israel in the 1st century came with speed and finality, says Is 10 (Rom 9). Last I checked, finality was...final.