the ten horns

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Not sure if true. The signs of the Chinese zodiac are mostly the same as the signs in the Egyptian zodiac and Babylonian zodiac.

Anyhow... 10 horns.

I think they are the cities of the Decapolis. Anybody say that yet?

Jarrod
That has to be the result of syncretism. The only thing in Creation that unites all religions as well as all atheists is the exclamation WOW !!!. It points to the humility all people feel when being confronted by what is supremely holy and sacred in life.

Of course, the atheist and the Christian have totally different mental categories they use to describe this universal feeling.

The idea of forming "the same picture" in different civilizations cannot happen with independent views of the same phenomenon. To me seeing Orion in the sky looks nothing like a hunter with a three-star belt. Or the constellation of Caseopia as a woman.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Not sure if true. The signs of the Chinese zodiac are mostly the same as the signs in the Egyptian zodiac and Babylonian zodiac.

Anyhow... 10 horns.

I think they are the cities of the Decapolis. Anybody say that yet?

Jarrod
The number 10 is a concept found worldwide. There are plenty of helpful "lists of 10" on the Internet.

It comes from our ten fingers (and toes).

Wick Stick

To me seeing Orion in the sky looks nothing like a hunter with a three-star belt. Or the constellation of Caseopia as a woman.
That's light pollution. Unless you live at the bottom of an exposed mineshaft, you aren't seeing all the same stars that were visible 4500 years ago.

:spam:

Jarrod

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
That's light pollution. Unless you live at the bottom of an exposed mineshaft, you aren't seeing all the same stars that were visible 4500 years ago.

:spam:

Jarrod
Actually, according to physics, we are not seeing the stars at all. What we can see is only the light that left its source light years ago in the past. We are actually living in a different universe that we cannot apprehend in the present moment.

To me this is a notion so profound that I can barely get my head around it.

disturbo

BANNED
Banned
We are told what the task of is of these 10 horns/kings that receive power one hour with the beast.

These 10 horns/kings hate the harlot woman.

Since they receive power ONE HOUR with the beast, that means that every element of the beast is a complete end-time entity.

the harlot woman is a city
and
she does not ride on the beast that is trying to destroy her

Correct. The harlot 'sits upon' the beast. The words 'sit upon' means to occupy. But first...

In Revelation 17 John is taken by the Spirit into the wilderness, which is better translated, 'the desert,' to be shown the judgment of the great whore (Islam). Rome doesn't reside in the desert but Mecca and Medina do. Islam has been called, "the desert religion." The birthplace of Babylon the Great and the Whore of Babylon is in the desert of Arabia, a place called Mecca and Medina, called the Glory of Kedar in the OT. Makes you wonder why the experts point the finger toward Rome doesn't it?

The words "sit upon" means to occupy or have a fixed abode. This means that the woman, i.e. Islam/Babylon the Great, occupies the 10/7 alliance of kings and nations of the Islamic beast. In other words, ISLAM is the dominate religion of the coming 10/7 Islamic alliance of nations/kings they call a caliphate. These 10/7 kings are NOT symbolic of a progression of world empires. It would be impossible for the Islamic harlot to occupy all the kingdoms of the world beginning with Egypt or Assyria. The heads of this beast aren't a progression of ancient world empires culminating into one final beast empire like the experts teach. These kings are all on the earth at the same time. This picture of a harlot sitting upon a 10 horned 7 headed beast is a complete end-time entity and the religion that occupies this beast is Islam, and its jihadist sects fill her cup full of the abominations of the earth. The whore represents a few things. Islam, terrorism, and very likely Iran who is the greatest sponsor of terrorism in the world. The 'SUNNI' beast will nuke the Shia beast of Iran! As of late, Iran has been known to burn entire Sunni villages in Iraq. Their day is coming.

Revelation 17:16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

The ten horns are commonly referred to ten kingdoms of the antichrist that come out of the revised Roman Empire that is to be raised to life in Revelation.

There's not one verse in the bible that points the finger to Rome in any way. You are welcome to be the first to quote one.

Revelation 17:5 should actually read...

And upon her forehead was a name written, ISLAM, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF JIHADIST AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

fzappa13

do you have any idea as to what the ten horns are?

Yes, they are the traditional enemies of Israel/Jerusalem. Read Psalm 83. It is unfulfilled prophecy and it references history as well. The thing that has been it is that which shall be. They will enter into a peace treaty with Israel and then violate the treaty and destroy Jerusalem. Jerusalem is what the fuss is all about because it is where God has said He will set His throne. Satan has, does and will yet seek to subvert that.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Yes, they are the traditional enemies of Israel/Jerusalem. Read Psalm 83. It is unfulfilled prophecy and it references history as well. The thing that has been it is that which shall be. They will enter into a peace treaty with Israel and then violate the treaty and destroy Jerusalem. Jerusalem is what the fuss is all about because it is where God has said He will set His throne. Satan has, does and will yet seek to subvert that.

why wouldn't they be enemies of christianity?

fzappa13

why wouldn't they be enemies of christianity?

Because the Bible doesn't indicate that they are. Satan is the enemy of Jew and Christian alike but this is not relevant as it concerns the scriptures in question. A review of Revelation 12 reveals Israel undergoing yet another wilderness experience upon fleeing Satan who has just been cast out of heaven and led the armies of the ten horns against Jerusalem. Having been thwarted in his attempt at God's people in Israel/Jerusalem he turns his attention to those who claim Christ. Notice in verse 17 both Israel and those who claim Christ are tied together but have different fates.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Because the Bible doesn't indicate that they are. Satan is the enemy of Jew and Christian alike but this is not relevant as it concerns the scriptures in question. A review of Revelation 12 reveals Israel undergoing yet another wilderness experience upon fleeing Satan who has just been cast out of heaven and led the armies of the ten horns against Jerusalem. Having been thwarted in his attempt at God's people in Israel/Jerusalem he turns his attention to those who claim Christ. Notice in verse 17 both Israel and those who claim Christ are tied together but have different fates.

a review of history shows peter fled to rome
and
that is where the church is

Wick Stick

I see it as a continuation of Daniel.

Daniel's 1st beast is the Babylonian Empire, as is the golden head of the statue.

The 2nd beast is the Medes/Persians, which are also the silver part of the statue.

The 3rd "rough goat" represents the Greeks under Alexander (a notable horn which was broken) and later under his four generals (those 4 horns that sprung up in its place. These are also the bronze part of the statue. I think most everyone agrees on this much?

Is Rome the 4th "diverse" beast with its teeth of iron, which also is the iron part of the statue? If so, there is a gaping hole in history.

Who ruled Judea after the Diadochi? Not Rome.

The Seleucid empire was founded on the overthrow of the Greeks, and Antiochus IV's defilement of the temple is famously prophesied elsewhere in Daniel. The Seleucids ruled Judea after the Diadochi, changing the High Priests at their whim.

After the Seleucids, the Hasmonean dynasty ruled Judea for hundreds of years before Rome ever came into the picture.

I could fit the entire history of the United States into the gap between the Diadochi and Rome. But somehow Christian scholarship has forgotten that period of history existed.

Jarrod