ECT The sneaky sin of Self-Righteousness

C

CJLind

Your welcome.

I too am grateful for St. Paul. Christianity would have never spread throughout the world as it has without him. Christ needed a zealous person, and St. Paul fit the bill.

I too see the inspiration for our Lord and I agree: he was not infallible and the interpretations of his writings, as we see, can and are used in a manner that they were never intended to be. But, it is a problem from since the time of St. Paul as shown in 1 Corinthians 1:10-13 with St. Paul begging people to not make the divisions that MAD now does.

Then, there are places that St. Paul says that he is speaking as a man and not under the inspiration of God. Could there be more times that he was doing so again and failed to mention it?

Jesus said to preach the Gospel, and so much is made from St. Paul saying my gospel... yes, his good news is the same good news as mine, yours, everybody's who has placed their lives in the hands of Christ. Christ saves, delivers, restores and shows us the way to Our Father. But, if He is not followed by our picking up our own cross and following Him to be worthy of Him, how can a person ever arrive there? I don't know, but all things are possible for God, and I will not limit His ability to do just that for all people who truly place their trust in Him.

Seems we are pretty much on the same page. Guess your wording in the last sentence is just a little bit odd, and you didn´t really mean what you said, i.e. that you could by any means limit God´s ability to do just ;)

heir

TOL Subscriber
Can you show me where it is written that I have to believe in the Apostle Paul in order to get saved?

Paul was given the gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) that is the power of God to save you (Romans 1:16-17 KJV) by revelation of Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV). God wuikll judge the secrets of men according to Paul's gospel (Romans 2:16 KJV) and if you're saved, your reward will be based on how you built upon the foundation that Paul laid (1 Corinthians 3:10-15 KJV). I'd say it's pretty important to hold fast the form of sound words Paul wrote in Romans through Philemon (2 Timothy 1:13 KJV)!

Levolor

Seems we are pretty much on the same page. Guess your wording in the last sentence is just a little bit odd, and you didn´t really mean what you said, i.e. that you could by any means limit God´s ability to do just ;)

LOL, let me check! I certainly would not limit God's ability! Be right back.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Every time I ask questions about it, those questions get ignored. This was done very recently. Again, I might add.
Funny, I get much of the same from you when asking you, "What is the gospel of your salvation?".

Levolor

Seems we are pretty much on the same page.

Yes, seems so. :thumb: Hallelujah.

Guess your wording in the last sentence is just a little bit odd, and you didn´t really mean what you said, i.e. that you could by any means limit God´s ability to do just ;)

Must be a little bit odd. Cause I am saying that I won't limit God, and His ability to bring people with very unusual theologies to Him.

Those who love God, are known by God. Those who love (agape love) are known by God.

If a person is seriously wanting to be the kind of person that God wants them to be, then I am sure that God will bring that person home to Him.

I will not limit God's ability in this, or much of anything actually.

Thank you for mentioning the odd wording instead of going off on a rant, as some would, about it first. :)

God bless you.

C

CJLind

Paul was given the gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) that is the power of God to save you (Romans 1:16-17 KJV) by revelation of Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV). God wuikll judge the secrets of men according to Paul's gospel (Romans 2:16 KJV) and if you're saved, your reward will be based on how you built upon the foundation that Paul laid (1 Corinthians 3:10-15 KJV). I'd say it's pretty important to hold fast the form of sound words Paul wrote in Romans through Philemon (2 Timothy 1:13 KJV)!

Well, all the sources you mention come directly from Paul...so you tell me that I have to believe in him because he told me so and otherwise i am lost and will be rejected by Jesus Christ? Quite interesting, will give it a thought....