ECT The Sermon on the Mount ends with a Bombshell

DAN P

Then what does this mean to you.

Jn. 18:36 Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm."

Col. 1:13 For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son

Hi and do you see any the Kingdom of His dear Son AND what is the difference " Ny kingdom of this world , IS ??:bang::bang:

Can you say why Paul could NOT be a subject with Jesus and His kingdom of this WORLD ??

The Holy Spirit REFUTES you in Gal 3:28 and in 1 Cor 15:8 and since you will never explain either verse , SHAME on you !!

dan p

turbosixx

Hi and do you see any the Kingdom of His dear Son AND what is the difference " Ny kingdom of this world , IS ??:bang::bang:

Can you say why Paul could NOT be a subject with Jesus and His kingdom of this WORLD ??

The Holy Spirit REFUTES you in Gal 3:28 and in 1 Cor 15:8 and since you will never explain either verse , SHAME on you !!

dan p

I'm not sure I understand your point.

Jesus was born and has come into the world to be king.
Jn. 18:37Pilate therefore said to Him, “Are You a king then?” Jesus answered, “You say rightly that I am a king. For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.”

Paul is not a subject of his kingdom "of this world" because his kingdom is not of this world.
Jn. 18:36 Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm."

I will address the Galatians verse.
Who are to be the subjects of the kingdom? Abrahams descendants.
Gal. 3:29 And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

DAN P

I'm not sure I understand your point.

Jesus was born and has come into the world to be king.
Jn. 18:37Pilate therefore said to Him, “Are You a king then?” Jesus answered, “You say rightly that I am a king. For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.”

Paul is not a subject of his kingdom "of this world" because his kingdom is not of this world.

I will address the Galatians verse.
Who are to be the subjects of the kingdom? Abrahams descendants.
Gal. 3:29 And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Hi and in other words Jews will be Kings and Priests in the Kingdom of Heaven or what you call " the kingdom not of this world and also can be called the Millennial Kingdom or called the 1000 year REIGN of Christ !!

Paul does not belong in this Kingdom !!

Paul belongs in the heavenly Body of Christ !!

Now you know !!

dan p

DAN P

The kingdom not of this world?

Col. 1:13 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,

Hi and does Col 1:13 belong in the dispensation of the Grace of God OR is it " The kingdom not of this world " ???:dizzy::dizzy:

Are you confused !! You are !!!:bang::bang:

dan p

DAN P

In Jesus’ famous “Sermon on the Mount” (Matthew 5:1—7:27)
He gives a variety of teachings and warnings in the first 94 verses (5:1—7:12),
which all lead up to His bombshell finish in the last section (7:13-27), especially in Matthew 7:13-14.

Matthew 7 (NKJV):
13 Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction,
and there are many who go in by it.
14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life,
and there are few who find it.

The Living Bible
“Heaven can be entered only through the narrow gate! The highway to hell is broad,
and its gate is wide enough for all the multitudes who choose its easy way.
But the Gateway to Life is small, and the road is narrow, and only a few ever find it.”

The Jewish New Testament
Go in through the narrow gate; for the gate that leads to destruction is wide and the road broad,
and many travel it; but it is a narrow gate and a hard road that leads to life, and only a few find it.”

Vine’s Expository Dictionary of Biblical Words on “difficult” above, which is “thlibo” (Strong’s #2346):
“to press” is translated “narrow” in Matt. 7:14, JKV (RV, “straightened”), i.e. hemmed in, like a mountain
gorge; the way is rendered “narrow” by the divine conditions, which make it impossible for any to enter
who think the entrance depends upon self-merit, or who still incline toward sin, or desire to continue in evil.”

John MacArthur in “The Gospel According to Jesus” (Revised and Expanded Edition, 1994) …
“No passage in all of Scripture attacks modern-day easy-believism with more force than Matthew 7:13-14.
It is the conclusion of the Sermon on the Mount, and it amounts to the Savior’s own presentation
of the way of salvation. How different it is from the trend of modern evangelism!
… This passage crushes the claim of those who say the Sermon on the Mount is not gospel but law.
In fact, these closing verses are pure gospel, with as pointed an invitation as has ever been issued.
This closing lesson also debunks the opinion that the Sermon on the Mount is merely a discourse
on ethics for us to stand back and admire.
… Here, in the culmination of all he has said in the Sermon on the Mount, the Lord requires that each
person choose between following the world on the easy, well-travelled road or following Him on the
difficult road. You will not find a plainer statement of the gospel according to Jesus anywhere in Scripture.
Here are two gates … two roads … two destinations … two crowds … two kinds of trees and fruit …
two kinds of builders … two kinds of foundations … The choices are clear cut. He demands a decision.”

The Applied New Testament Commentary (Dr. Thomas Hale, 1996, ChariotVictor Publishing) …
“The narrow road is difficult. On the way we meet all kinds of trouble and persecution (2 Tim 3:12).
Satan will put many obstacles and temptations in our way. There will be few conveniences (Matt 8:19-20).
And the road will not get easier. Satan has new temptations to give us. Therefore, why walk on such a road?
Because that narrow road leads to life, eternal life (verse 14).The broad road leads to destruction (Jer 21:8)
Friends, there are only two roads. If you are not walking on the narrow road, then you must be walking
on the broad one … Only the narrow road leads to life eternal. Yes, in this life, the road is difficult,
but remember the destination! (Rom 18:18, 2 Cor 4:17).

Dake’s Anotated Reference Bible (Finis Jennings Dake, 1961) …
“Up to physical death, destruction can be cancelled by repentance, and life can be cancelled by sin.
Strait (narrow) is an allusion to strict observance of the golden rule of v.12, and to repentance and
walking the Christian way of life to the end of the narrow way. Wide is an allusion to the careless
sinful way of life of the wicked, intimating that it is easier to be revengeful and covetous; to take
advantage of another to enrich self rather than walk according to the golden rule … This way of life
leads to destruction, which does not actually come until the end of the road. The reason is that
destruction can be cancelled by turning from sin to God … The narrow way is leading to life
but it cannot be given as an unforfeitable right until the end of the narrow way.”

What will you do with Jesus’ warning and invitation?

“… choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve ...
But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” (Joshua 24:15)

hI and when are you going to show the BOMBSHELL , just dying to see it ??

The only BOMB i SEE is you blowing up !!

dan p

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
What is grace?

You know that is a harder question to answer than most like to think. Very few have spent any time at all trying to formulate an answer to that question of their own. Typically, people are satisfied with the pat "unmerited favor" that Calvinism teaches with it's idiotic "T.U.L.I.P." doctrines.

I, on the other hand, have actually thought about this question for some time. I don't pretend to have THE answer but at least I have AN answer that is born out of my own mind and based on what I believe the Bible actually teaches. We can discuss it to whatever depth you like....

God's grace is that which God does to make up the difference between His mercy and the demands of justice.

Maybe that's a crappy answer but it is what I've come up with.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
LA Liar.

There are many things he said that have universal application.

You are working and slaving your life away to get into the Kingdom of Heaven, and you are not allowed in. All the while spitting in the face of God and shunning entrance into the Body of Christ which is welcoming you with open arms.

That is a sad wasted existence.

You are not in the body of Christ.

You could not say that if you were.

You delight in the hate speech of John W and Nick M.

How could you claim to welcome me with open arms and yet speak like the devils you are?

LA

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

How could you claim to welcome me with open arms and yet speak like the devils you are?

LA

You need to learn how to ask questions.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
LA Liar.

There are many things he said that have universal application.

You are working and slaving your life away to get into the Kingdom of Heaven, and you are not allowed in. All the while spitting in the face of God and shunning entrance into the Body of Christ which is welcoming you with open arms.

That is a sad wasted existence.

LA

You need to learn how to ask questions.

Ok.

Have you entered the Holy Place by the blood of Jesus?

Jesus Himself did so at Johns baptism of Him in water.

This not talking about the entering into the Most Holy Place of Heaven.

It is speaking of ---

Heb 10:15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.
Heb 10:19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
Heb 10:20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
Heb 10:21 And having an high priest over the house of God;
Heb 10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Well?

LA

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Ok.

Have you entered the Holy Place by the blood of Jesus?

Jesus Himself did so at Johns baptism of Him in water.

This not talking about the entering into the Most Holy Place of Heaven.

It is speaking of ---

Heb 10:15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.
Heb 10:19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
Heb 10:20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
Heb 10:21 And having an high priest over the house of God;
Heb 10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Well?

LA
I have already answered this question.

You're hopeless.

:wave2:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I have already answered this question.

You're hopeless.

:wave2:

You can not answer yes or no because your own false theology traps you.

MAD claims the book of Hebrews is only for the Hebrews (Jews)

LA

Last edited:

SaulToPaul 2

makes me sad when i think so few understand this.

It is sad. :up:

LA, for instance, has 0% chance of inheriting the earth or the New Jerusalem yet he has devoted his life to trying to get it.

All the while rejecting the inheritance of heaven, and shunning the open arms of the Lord.

ZacharyB

God's grace is that which God does to make up the difference between His mercy and the demands of justice.
Quite good ... kinda like ... God's unmerited favor.

God's grace is that which He GRANTS ...
to make up the difference between His mercy and His demands of justice.

ZacharyB

Jesus said there are 2 types in the kingdom of God/heaven:
WHEAT (the good seeds planted by God)
--and--
WEEDS (the tares planted by Satan).

Sometimes the 2 types are indistinguishable ... sometimes they are distiguishable!
I think I made those words up.

Anyway, there are weeds standing at the door of all Christian forums
... ready to cause all kinds of havoc!