The Real Science Radio Caveman Show

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There really isn't that much variation in mammalian genome size, especially compared to other organisms.

Very interesting talk on genomics and evolution is here:
But that doesn't address the question. The variation is great enough that it would need to be dealt with in any comparison.

Still, not ignoring any data from mammals, the question remains: Is there a description of what method was used to compare these entire genomes?

Not that I'm aware of. There aren't that many mammalian genomes yet.
OK. It's a good study path to go down.

Mutation and natural selection are only SOME of the drivers of evolution.
Yeah, I know. The video you just posted said so. And the *main* driver is? Barbarian has said it is mutation + NS. What do you say it is?

We find exactly the opposite actually. You should take a look at the talk I linked above. It shows patterns in genome size that make no sense from a creationist perspective but make a lot of sense from an evolutionary one.
Your talk included not only that junk DNA is a problem for evolution, but that mutation + NS may not be the main driver of evolution. This is at odds with the current form of evolution, which most theistic evolutionists don't look into. When they do, they find large enough holes in the theory to reasonably conclude that evolution is wrong.

For example, organisms that undergo complete metamophosis, typical frogs and salamanders have SMALLER genomes than those that stay in the larval state. Vertebrates that are stronger fliers have smaller genomes than those that are weaker fliers or flightless.
Telling God how to design something will be valid when you can understand the design in the first place. Although this is a point for evolution, it is such a weak point as to be embarrassing.