The real book on Christianity.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Paul clearly said what they gave him was a gift that no other church gave him, explain to me how you consider that a salary?

Paul did not accept salary, but he is endorsing to support the pastors get salary.

Paul supported himself.

Mickiel

Paul did not accept salary, but he is endorsing to support the pastors get salary.

Paul supported himself.

Well So that I can properly understand what you are seeing, show me who accepted a salary in the NT. Show me where you see Paul endorsing a clergy salary. I mean, its not in there in my view, but show me your view.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Well So that I can properly understand what you are seeing, show me who accepted a salary in the NT. Show me where you see Paul endorsing a clergy salary. I mean, its not in there in my view, but show me your view.

Yes, it is there. I will not baby feed you.

It does not say they accepted but Paul certainly taught the pastors should be getting income from congregation to support and their family..

Reactions: Lon

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Mickey,

FYI, I don't think anyone should get income from Jesus' followers. But I know what Paul taught to the churches.

Paul was collecting money for the poor, not for himself.

Last edited:

Mickiel

Yes, it is there. I will not baby feed you.

It does not say they accepted but Paul certainly taught the pastors should be getting income from congregation to support and their family..

I don't mind being baby fed, its still being fed. In these discussions we have, I would not expect anyone to take my word for it. We have time, find your scriptures and express yourself including them. And I will believe them when I see them; I just have not saw them on a salary for clergy in the NT. I have seen them give an Apostle a gift of money, but never a salary. A salary would be a weekly or even regular monthly amount; no NT church did that for any of its leaders. If its not in scripture, why believe it??

Mark M

Mickey,

FYI, I don't think anyone should get income from Jesus' followers. But I know what Paul taught to the churches.

Paul was correcting money for the poor, not for himself.

Yes, how else can a Church survive, the need tithes

Mark M

I don't mind being baby fed, its still being fed. In these discussions we have, I would not expect anyone to take my word for it. We have time, find your scriptures and express yourself including them. And I will believe them when I see them; I just have not saw them on a salary for clergy in the NT. I have seen them give an Apostle a gift of money, but never a salary. A salary would be a weekly or even regular monthly amount; no NT church did that for any of its leaders. If its not in scripture, why believe it??
:think:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The church Christ started survived for years without tithing.

Collection of the money is just fine as long as they use it for God's kingdom.

It should not be used to feed the pastors to live luxuriously which is the case in many churches now a days.

When Jesus talks about the blessings, it is spiritual blessings, not material blessings. It is clear when you read His word.

Mickiel

It should not be used to feed the pastors to live luxuriously which is the case in many churches now a days.

When Jesus talks about the blessings, it is spiritual blessings, not material blessings. It is clear when you read His word.

That's right, and its how the original church was designed. They met in houses and shared only food together; food and drink.

Mickiel

Yes. Now it is lost.

It is all about power, pride and greed, now a days, it seems.

Of course it is. Their not giving money to God, what would God need with money? Why are they saying give to God? God has never held not one penny of any churches money.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Of course it is. Their not giving money to God, what would God need with money? Why are they saying give to God? God has never held not one penny of any churches money.

There are many accounts in the OT that many God's man are super wealthy. That's how they justify their greed based faith.

But Jesus did not exalt their wealth.

Jesus' followers admonished wealthy people. In fact, Jesus even said it is hard for rich to inherit God's kingdom.

Most of us in the west is rich group. We are not suffering materially like many third world.

Lon

That's right, and its how the original church was designed. They met in houses and shared only food together; food and drink.
:nono: John 13:29

Paul clearly said what they gave him was a gift that no other church gave him, explain to me how you consider that a salary?
:doh: There were three verses there. You latched onto the one you could twist :plain: Is this how you do all your theology? Pick-n-choose every step of the way?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It is hard to strive to be true to Jesus. But we know what Jesus taught. It is in the gospel.

God looks into our heart. All we can do is do our best and we have nothing to worry, friend.

We are blessed that we have Jesus' word. We don't have to rely any man to teach us to learn how to serve God and Jesus.

Jesus is the perfect Teacher of love.

Mickiel

:nono: John 13:29

:doh: There were three verses there. You latched onto the one you could twist :plain: Is this how you do all your theology? Pick-n-choose every step of the way?

Well yes I do, I pick and choose every verse , edifying the true salvation of God, which will edify his people and the world, 1Corinth. 14:12. I see absolutely nothing wrong with picking a cherry that is on the tree to be picked. And if someone does not like that cherry, that verse, they can reject it.

Mickiel

It is hard to strive to be true to Jesus. But we know what Jesus taught. It is in the gospel.

God looks into our heart. All we can do is do our best and we have nothing to worry, friend.

We are blessed that we have Jesus' word. We don't have to rely any man to teach us to learn how to serve God and Jesus.

Jesus is the perfect Teacher of love.

Well yes, I agree, that is so true! And I have discovered that even those who do not do their best, have forgiveness through Christ. Notice Rom. 3:3. " What if some people do not believe in God, will that make their unbelief a thing God will hold against them, ( or make their unbelief of no effect), NO! God forbid! The faith of God is greater than their lack of faith.

Again Jesus, the super salvation giver, in John 12:47, " And if anyone hears my words and does NOT believe in me, I do NOT judge them, ( oh but many Christians are judging them, because they think they can do the judging that Christ refuses to do.), for I came NOT to judge the WORLD, but to SAVE THE WORLD!" Jesus is not cherry picking people for salvation, like I am accused of cherry picking scriptures like this, he came here NOT to cherry pick and give only the righteous salvation, he came here for SINNERS to give them repentance. Luke 5:32.

A lot of Christians don't like Luke 5:32, because Jesus is actually saying he did not come to earth for them specifically , ( although they are included in this great salvation), but he specifically came for the unbelievers, THEY are the true focus of salvation; but the Christians are condemning the very people Jesus taught he came to CALL!

Its right there in scripture! Right there sitting ripe on the cherry tree.

Mickiel

Not to confuse you Meshak , only to show you the biblical nature of a true church of God that Jesus addresses , which will exist in the last days. Its Jesus actually speaking to an Angel, which " Over sees" his church, Rev. 3:14, " And unto the Angel of the church of the Laodiceans write these things." So in these Revelations to 7 churches, different churches or different stages of the churches, or different times in history of his churches; Jesus is communicating to his Angels vital information.

So then in Rev. 3:17 Jesus reveals the nature of HIS church during this particular time;, " Because you think you are rich and increased with material things, and have no needs, and you don't even realize that you are wretched and miserable, poor , blind and naked!" Now this is Jesus, describing HIS church; these believers are obviously in prosperity ministries! They think they got it going on! They have houses, cars, money, all kinds of material blessings, and they are TOTALLY deceived! They don't even know they are deceived. Jesus calls them pitiful and blind, and in verse 20 Jesus is " Standing at the door of his church and knocking", meaning he is on the outside, his spirit is NOT in this stage of HIS church.

I think we may well be living in this stage now, or approaching it.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Well yes, I agree, that is so true! And I have discovered that even those who do not do their best, have forgiveness through Christ.

Jesus says to "love the Lord your God all your heart, soul, strength and mind."

This is very serious, friend.

Mickiel

Jesus says to "love the Lord your God all your heart, soul, strength and mind."

This is very serious, friend.

Well it is serious, so serious, that we cannot even think for a minute that God does not have provisions made for those who just don't know how to love him. I myself think I could love him more than I do. I just sometimes am not sure how to increase it; but then the word reveals that it is God who does that.

We can't judge people he has not yet done that to.