Theology Club: The Rapture is Found in the Epistle of James

Jerry Shugart

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

John 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

John 5:27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

John 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

John 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

So you are saying that what the Lord Jesus said at John 5:29 proves that what He said here is untrue?:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

The words at verse 24 spoken by the Lord Jesus explain how one "does good" spoken of at verse 29. In order to "do good" and enter into the resurrection of life one must "believe."

Now tell me how what is said at verse 29 makes the Lord Jesus'words here untrue:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

DAN P

So you are saying that what the Lord Jesus said at John 5:29 proves that what He said here is untrue?:

The words at verse 24 spoken by the Lord Jesus explain how one "does good" spoken of at verse 29. In order to "do good" and enter into the resurrection of life one must "believe."

Now tell me how what is said at verse 29 makes the Lord Jesus'words here untrue:

Hi you need to see the word CONTEXT in all of the bible !!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Hi you need to see the word CONTEXT in all of the bible !!

What in the context where the following verse is found changes the truth which He spoke to the Jews who lived under the law?:

His words there are either true or false and nothing which is said in the context changes His clear words there.

Do you believe that the Jews who lived under the law were saved by faith alone?

Of course they were, as witnessed by what Paul said here:

"Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all" (Ro.4:16).​

They were saved by grace through faith and if it is of grace then it cannot be by "works":

"Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt" (Ro.4:4).​

SaulToPaul 2

Is it possible that a member of the Body could believe Jesus is the Christ, yet deny 1 Cor 15:1-4?

Clear it up for us.

SaulToPaul 2

Yep! approved or ashamed 2 Timothy 2;15 KJV!

Jerry will be subject to shame and loss for mixing The Vine and The Body.

Why would someone mix them?

I would like to know when everything the Twelve learned in the 3+ plus years was scrapped and they transitioned over to the Body and started following Paul's doctrine.

I do not see any such thing in my Bible.

Jerry Shugart

No one said that the Twelve were in the Body of Christ at the time John 15 was written. How could they since the Body of Christ was not even existence at that time?

But later Paul addressed all those in every place who call on the name of the Lord Jesus and the Jews who lived under the law could not be excluded from that category:

"Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's" (1 Cor.1:2).​

Here is what Paul told all those who called on the name of the Lord Jesus which must have included all the Jews the world over:

"For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).​

You just deny this truth because your final authority is not the Bible but instead the teaching of those in the Psuedo-MAD community!

Last edited:

SaulToPaul 2

STP - The Stupendous !

Well, PJ the Great:

I cannot see why the LORD would train these men diligently, teach them from the prophets, open their understanding, talk to them about their inheritance and purpose in the kingdom of God for 40 days, only to later scrap it and make them followers of Paul.

No, we can rest assured that the little flock will be Kings and Priests, inherit the New Jerusalem, and judge the twelve tribes of Israel just as the LORD had told them.

Mixing the Vine with the Body is decreasing the Kingdom of God by one third, and doing the work of Satan, ultimately.

Jerry Shugart

When did they scrap all of their training and start following Paul?

Why do you try to change the subject from my remarks about what I said here?:

No one said that the Twelve were in the Body of Christ at the time John 15 was written. How could they since the Body of Christ was not even existence at that time?

But later Paul addressed all those in every place who call on the name of the Lord Jesus and the Jews who lived under the law could not be excluded from that category:

"Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's" (1 Cor.1:2).​

Here is what Paul told all those who called on the name of the Lord Jesus which must have included all the Jews the world over:

"For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).​

You just deny this truth because your final authority is not the Bible but instead the teaching of those in the Psuedo-MAD community!

SaulToPaul 2

Did Saul waste the church of God?

When did the church of God cease from being a kingdom church and become the Body?

This will not be answered by JS.

Jerry Shugart

This will not be answered by JS.

Why do you try to change the subject from my remarks about whatyou said here?:

I believe in getting to the crux of the matter, rather than sticking to your script of how you've been trained to beat others into submission.

As usual, you prefer to run and hide from the Scriptures when they contradict your mistaken ideas. In this instance, you run and hide from what Paul said at 1 Corinthians 1:2 and 12:13.

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

Did Saul waste the church of God?

Of course he did. if you would read the Bible you would not have to ask questions like that.

When did the church of God cease from being a kingdom church and become the Body?

We know that it was sometime before Paul addressed all those in every place who call on the name of the Lord Jesus and the Jews who lived under the law could not be excluded from that category:

I believe in getting to the crux of the matter, rather than sticking to your script of how you've been trained to beat others into submission.

As usual, you prefer to run and hide from the Scriptures when they contradict your mistaken ideas. In this instance, you run and hide from what Paul said at 1 Corinthians 1:2 and 12:13.

Why don't you step up to the plate and answer what I said about these two verses?

DAN P

Hi Jerry and I have answered this FALLACY many times that in the Body of Christ there are NO Jews , No Greeks , No Bond or Free and NO Male or Females !!

The 4 verbs in the Present Tense KILL your theory which is not scriptural what soever !!

Believe what the Holy Spirit has written !!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Hi Jerry and I have answered this FALLACY many times that in the Body of Christ there are NO Jews , No Greeks , No Bond or Free and NO Male or Females !!

The 4 verbs in the Present Tense KILL your theory which is not scriptural what soever !!

Believe what the Holy Spirit has written !!

So do you believe that Paul was in error when he said that he was a Jew?:

"For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin" (Ro.11:1).​