The pope likes the Iran Deal?! HUH?

republicanchick

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/254934-pope-praises-iran-deal-before-un

Well, this just goes to show you why the Church teaches (though these days, you'd never know it) that the Church's "job" has to do with issues of faith & morals ONLY...

Christians are not required to follow the pope re his mere OPINIONS..

I heard that the pope only spends a few minutes per day reading newspapers... (& doesn't watch TV news)and my impression @ this point is that he doesn't read a lot of the newspapers Americans do (Don't hold me to that... but that's the impression I get, wouldn't mention my impressions unless based on what appears to be reality).

So... It appears the pope needs to get out of politics.

I will trust our military leaders (Jn Bolton, Jack Keane, etc).. and my own senses, which tell me that the Iran Deal is...

(so many adjectives come to mind)

CREEPY works

delusional

not based in reality

naïve?

etc...

____

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/254934-pope-praises-iran-deal-before-un

Well, this just goes to show you why the Church teaches (though these days, you'd never know it) that the Church's "job" has to do with issues of faith & morals ONLY...

Christians are not required to follow the pope re his mere OPINIONS..

I heard that the pope only spends a few minutes per day reading newspapers... (& doesn't watch TV news)and my impression @ this point is that he doesn't read a lot of the newspapers Americans do (Don't hold me to that... but that's the impression I get, wouldn't mention my impressions unless based on what appears to be reality).

So... It appears the pope needs to get out of politics.

I will trust our military leaders (Jn Bolton, Jack Keane, etc).. and my own senses, which tell me that the Iran Deal is...

(so many adjectives come to mind)

CREEPY works

delusional

not based in reality

naïve?

etc...

____

i want details about that Iran deal - get the details rc !!!!

republicanchick

I liked 90% of what the pope said

and what he said that was good and uplifting should not in any way be thrown out just b/c he didn't address your particular cause or concrn

But the Iran Deal is a big thing. From what I have learned (from US military people, people who have been military for a LONG time)

This deal is outrageously... oh, just so many things

bizarre comes to mind..

but worst of all

DANGEROUS

I believe we are facing the end of the world... ISIL getting nuclear weapons..

oh, you say Iran is not ISIL?

ha ha... study the Koran...

Muslims are called to kill all those who do not convert.. ("Death to America"/"Death to Israel")

(BIG DEAL most Muslims are not war-mongers/murderers... their leaders are)

___

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Pope Francis has set a new tone: a leader who takes Jesus seriously and tries to imitate his teachings.

And this irks conservatives and conservative Christians to no end.

The authentic Jesus challenges them and disturbs them. It is obvious because they ignore his teachings about poverty, the ill and the maimed, the immigrant and the homeless. And making a stand against violence, war and genocide. And worshiping the almighty dollar.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Pope Francis has set a new tone: a leader who takes Jesus seriously and tries to imitate his teachings.

And this irks conservatives and conservative Christians to no end.

The authentic Jesus challenges them and disturbs them. It is obvious because they ignore his teachings about poverty, the ill and the maimed, the immigrant and the homeless. And making a stand against violence, war and genocide. And worshiping the almighty dollar.

Catholics are pro-military. They are not against violence.

1Way1Truth1Life

Considering the papacy's and the rcc's history of violence, cruelty, support of a concentration camp worse than the nazis' own concentration camps, sainting a nazi war criminal, current support of Muslims, etc. it is no surprise he supports the Iran deal.

Sitamun

Considering the papacy's and the rcc's history of violence, cruelty, support of a concentration camp worse than the nazis' own concentration camps, sainting a nazi war criminal, current support of Muslims, etc. it is no surprise he supports the Iran deal.

Hey guys I figured it out! The Pope is a secret Muslim!!! It ALL makes sense now!!

bybee

Hey guys I figured it out! The Pope is a secret Muslim!!! It ALL makes sense now!!

I heard Bill Clinton being interviewed today and he made an excellent point. The Iran Treaty has certain provisions that do not go into effect for ten years. A lot can happen in ten years. Things change.
I am not qualified to judge this treaty but on the surface it doesn't seem wise. I assume those involved know more than I do.

Sitamun

I heard Bill Clinton being interviewed today and he made an excellent point. The Iran Treaty has certain provisions that do not go into effect for ten years. A lot can happen in ten years. Things change.
I am not qualified to judge this treaty but on the surface it doesn't seem wise. I assume those involved know more than I do.

Knowing/Reading the treaty and not liking it, is much different than just not liking it because the talking heads on Faux News tell you to is much different. Once again, I'm attempting to see if RC actually knows what she is against as opposed to just being an ignorant sheep. I know, I set the bar high and I've repeatedly run into this same brick wall, but maybe I'm a glutton for punishment.

bybee

Knowing/Reading the treaty and not liking it, is much different than just not liking it because the talking heads on Faux News tell you to is much different. Once again, I'm attempting to see if RC actually knows what she is against as opposed to just being an ignorant sheep. I know, I set the bar high and I've repeatedly run into this same brick wall, but maybe I'm a glutton for punishment.

And what of the talking heads on the liberal boiling pots?
When you make comments like that how are you different from those whom you dislike?

Sitamun

And what of the talking heads on the liberal boiling pots?
When you make comments like that how are you different from those whom you dislike?

I don't believe I have stated support for or against the treaty. What I do know of it, I like. I am specifically calling out RC once again. That's it. I haven't claimed overwhelming knowledge, I'm not even calling her wrong. I just want to know WHY she doesn't like it specifically.

bybee

I don't believe I have stated support for or against the treaty. What I do know of it, I like. I am specifically calling out RC once again. That's it. I haven't claimed overwhelming knowledge, I'm not even calling her wrong. I just want to know WHY she doesn't like it specifically.

I am not taking issue with you on that. It is by stating our positions that we keep this place interesting.
I take issue with your description of "Faux" news!
Surely you understand that some of us wish to vomit whenever Ms Maddow shows her vampirish face on TV? So, we may all get testy and nasty but it serves no valid purpose.