The pope is not against CAPITALISM but Greed.. & let's face it..

republicanchick

Surely you're aware that several of the popes in the Middle Ages were horribly corrupt and honestly pretty bad people who just wanted as much power as humanly possible. I have nothing against Catholicism, but there is no denying that some popes weren't very saint-like

who brought up the topic of corruption in the papacy?

off topic

__

republicanchick

Think about what you quoted. Think about what the emphasized portion means. Come back to me when you realize just how thoroughly silly a point that you've made is.

I'll offer you a bit of assistance:

"The Church hasn't condemned capitalism, but, rather, unrestricted capitalism." I.e., she hasn't condemned all instantiations of capitalism, but only capitalism in its purest form, i.e., capitalism when done properly or carried out fully according to the capitalist conception.

When you think about what that means, if you're a reasonable human being, I'm sure you'll realize why your objection was trivial and silly.

But you will, I imagine, post some brief one liner or copy and paste something or another. Don't bother. Let it be assumed, if you want, that you have some nonsensical reply. I'm sure that you do.

I beg only that you consider what you've said and think it out.

Ultimately, capitalism, in its unrestricted form, means that everything has a price. That's just wrong.

this sounds totally moronic... @ best, it is not clear what your point is

and since you obviously just want to say over and over that I am an idiot jst b/c you disagree w/ me...

i don't have time for such childishness...

wait... dont want to insult children... It is not childishness... it is antichrist... Whatever u do to me, you do to Jesus (Mt 25:31-46)

I may insinuate some around here... are not too bright, or what have you but i don't attack known Christians... (people who actually LIVE what Jesus said..)

not that there many of those here, to be sure

__