The Pope Is NOT a Communist

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
I was asked a question in the thread The Pope Is A Communist and then I was banned from the thread to prevent me from answering the question, so I will answer it here.

I told the OP that he made false statements. He asked me "What false statements have I made?" and then threadbanned me so I could not reply.

Well, I can reply, right here.

He stated that the Pope is a Communist, which is a self evident lie, then he said that the Pope discarded what God says in favor of his own personal beliefs. That is a total lie.

According to the OP's article the Pope said that the right to private property is “a secondary natural right derived from that which everyone has”. The Pope is correct.

First, to the Bible: God created man, placed him in paradise, and gave him dominion over everything. That came first! That is the primordial original intent. Only later, after sin and the fall, after murder and casting out of Cain and all that did man invent nations and property rights. So, property rights according to the Bible are secondary and they came long after God giving all of mankind dominion over all of creation.

Next, to Church teaching:
2403 The right to private property, acquired or received in a just way, does not do away with the original gift of the earth to the whole of mankind. The universal destination of goods remains primordial, even if the promotion of the common good requires respect for the right to private property and its exercise.

So, Catholic teaching reflects the Bible, and the Pope stated both correctly.

So, it is proven that it is a LIE to say the Pope is a Communist, which is a self evident lie, then he said that the Pope discarded what God says in favor of his own personal beliefs. That is a total lie.

Simple, cut and dry.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Following Post courtesy of @Idolater

Just to underscore how non-communist the pope is, because he's not suggesting changing Church teaching, here are some excerpts of pertinent /relevant Church teaching:

1901 . . . The diversity of political regimes is morally acceptable, provided they serve the legitimate good of the communities that adopt them. Regimes whose nature is contrary to ... the fundamental rights of persons cannot achieve the common good of the nations on which they have been imposed.

1904 It is preferable that each power be balanced by other powers and by other spheres of responsibility which keep it within proper bounds. This is the principle of the 'rule of law,' in which the law is sovereign and not the arbitrary will of men.

1907 . . . In the name of the common good, public authorities are bound to respect the fundamental and inalienable rights of the human person. . . In particular, the common good resides in the conditions for the exercise of the natural freedoms indispensable for the development of the human vocation, such as the right to act according to a sound norm of conscience and to safeguard privacy, and rightful freedom also in matters of religion.

1930 Respect for the human person entails respect for the rights that flow from his dignity as a creature. These rights are prior to society and must be recognized by it. They are the basis of the moral legitimacy of every authority: by flouting them, or refusing to recognize them in its positive legislation, a society undermines its own moral legitimacy. If it does not respect them, authority can rely only on force or violence to obtain obedience from its subjects. It is the Church's role to remind men of good will of these rights and to distinguish them from unwarranted or false claims.