The Physical Body of A Believer As the Veil of the Temple of God

northwye

The Physical Body of A Believer As the Veil of the Temple of God

"Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17. If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are." I Corinthians 3: 16-17

"Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
16. What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
17. But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
18. Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that commiteth fornication sinneth against his own body.
19. What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?" I Corinthians 6: 15-19

The physical body of a believer is the temple of God. And - just as the old physical temple of God as a building in Jerusalem had a veil, so the temple of the believer in which the Holy Spirit dwells is that veil.

"Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
51. And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;" Matthew 27: 51

"That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: 19. Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;" Hebrews 6: 18-19

“Then verily the first covenant had also ordinances of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary.
2. For there was a tabernacle made; the first, wherein was the candlestick, and the table, and the shewbread; which is called the sanctuary.
3. And after the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the Holiest of all;
4. Which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant;
5. And over it the cherubims of glory shadowing the mercyseat; of which we cannot now speak particularly.”
Hebrews 9: 1-5

Leviticus 16: 2-3 describes that which is within the veil as the holy place. The veil is the entry into the holy place, where God dwells. The physical bodies of the believers, according to I Corinthians 3: 16-17 and I Corinthians 6: 19, are now the veil or entry into the holy place where God dwells.

And “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
17. And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
18. Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.
19. Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
20. By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;” Hebrews 10: 16-20

Christ created, by his example of his flesh, and made righteous, a new and living way for those in him and he in them to enter the holy place where God lives. Hebrews 10: 16-20 teaches us that as the veil in the Old Covenant temple served as a holy passageway between the high priest representing Old Covenant Israel, and God, after the Cross, our flesh and blood bodies, now act as the veil of the temple. Our human spirits within our flesh are able to communicate with God by this new and living way that Christ created by is example.

“According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.” Philippians 1: 20

“Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:” Philippians 2: 5

"Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: 27. To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:" Colossians 1: 26-27

“My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,” Galatians 4: 19

But the many false prophets, making use of deception, work against the hope of glory of Colossians 1: 26-27, which is Christ in us. The false prophets teach doctrines which are not from Christ but are another Gospel (Galatians 1:6-9, II Corinthians 11: 4).

“For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.” II Corinthians 11: 4

“And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
5. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.” Matthew 24: 4-5

“And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many." Matthew 24: 11

"For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect." Matthew 24: 24

The work of the many deceptive false prophets is additive and cumulative over time, so that eventually the whole is leavened. "And again he said, Whereunto shall I liken the kingdom of God?
21. It is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened."

Metaphorically, the deceptive work of the many false prophets is viewed in Revelation 12: 1517 as the serpent-dragon casting a flood (of lies) out of his mouth. In Revelation 12: 17 the serpent-dragon makes war against the remnant which have the testimony of Jesus Christ, with the implication that they teach the doctrines of Christ, while the huge number of false prophets teach false doctrines.

In Revelation 13 there are two beasts. The first beast is shown in Revelation 13: 1-10, which is a complex beast including one of the heads of that first beast which had been wounded to death but its deadly wound was healed. The second beast of Revelation 13: 11-18 is the many false prophets of Matthew 24.

The first beast can be seen as a composite government or empire, with the traits of the post-Cross empires in Daniel 7: 4-7. The head of the fist beast in Revelation 13: 3 whose deadly wound was healed is in Daniel 7: 8, the Little Horn nation beast which rises up at the time four empires exist.

The dragon-serpent, or Satan, has two divided factions, both of which work to prevent the spiritual redemption of humans in Christ. These two factions are the many False Prophets of Matthew 24 and elsewhere and the spirit of Antichrist found in I John 4: 3. While the spirit of Antichrist denies that Jesus Christ came in the flesh to redeem his elect the False Prophets are those in Matthew 24: 5, who teach that Jesus Christ did come in the flesh to redeem his elect, but they are deceptive and teach another Jesus and another Gospel.

Since Christ came to bring spiritual life and also physical life (John 10: 10, Luke 9: 51-56), the spirit of Antichrist is the spirit of Spiritual Death. The spirit of the False Prophets is Hell, or torment,