The persecuted Indian refugee Christians of Kandhmal, Orissa are calling.

stephengoswami

BANNED
Banned
Since I visited them several times in 2009 they are often calling me in distress. Their homes are ruined, properties looted. With their means of livelihood gone they are in cramped open refugee tent-camps in mud and slime. Now government is forcing them to go back to villages ruled by antichristian fanatic Hindu goons forcing them to deny Christ. Many had done so to their peril as they are now open to the deadly influences of evil spirits and witch doctors there. When Christian they were guarded by Christ. Christianity progressed here mainly due to this.
But when freed from superstitions by Christ they progressed materially. They followed selfish renegade western Christianity and its customs. They ignored the main Christian commandment to love neighbors and concentrated on themselves and blood relations. So, the neglected and despised neighbors became their enemy.
Christ called me to serve and reform them by my own example and so I am trying. We can only save one by exposing self to suffering and death in Christ’s way, not by money and relief laundering while living in hotels. So I lived with them and prayed with fasting while distributing my scanty resources. It brought miraculous results.
I am disgusted with the majority church people, high flying bishops, priests and relief workers advertising the distress of the victims to collect donations abroad. Later they spend the most of it in overhead expenses- salaries, hotel, conveyance and what not. News papers are full of their corruptions. Even I am sometimes used by them unwittingly.
But Christ has taught me that we are not saved by money and materials but by Holy Spirit. He comes only when we share and suffer Christ like for the beloveds. Without Him money and material poison people as I have seen in my 50 years of Christian ministry. So I am exhorting Christians and church people here to save those people by self-sacrificing. But all the churches and almost all of the ‘Christians’ are worldly. They are closing doors and ears to my entreaties. But I shall not close my ears to these refugees, lest Christ close his ears to me. If there are like minded Christians anywhere I pray and seek whatever cooperation they can give.