The panic is worse than the disease!

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
You can't be that thick....... can you?

As thick as you? No. I'm glad to be able to say that, in truth, I can't.

You need to clean your hands all the time when you go out. After touching anything.

Of course, I never denied that I need to clean my hands after touching things--especially things in public places. I couldn't stand not cleaning my hands after I've touched anything in public.

Unlike you, though, when I am in public places, I do not feel an impulse to be touching things "all the time", and so, when I am in public places, I only feel an impulse to clean my hands after touching things, rather than "all the time". And, I only touch things with my hands when I feel I need to.

Since you are either too dishonest, or too dumb, to deal with what I actually write, once again, you have felt a need to create your own straw man upon which to deal out your oh-so-not-trenchant blows, to try to save face for yourself in your manifest failure. Don't get me wrong, here--I'm not complaining; I welcome such demonstrations of your failure as you've been voluntarily handing me. Feel free to keep them coming. :)

Where is the neasrest wash bowl to you?

In America, we have indoor plumbing--water heaters, supply pipes, faucets, sinks, drain pipes, etc.--unlike my ancestors who, in their days, living in England, had to make do with wash bowls.

Now, the hot water faucet nearest me is at a location nearer me than the second-nearest hot water faucet. What (if anything) are you trying to find out? Did you require geographic coordinates or something?

How many wash bowls will you see, nearby, when you next go out?

None....unless, when I next go out, I happen to visit a museum showcasing artifacts from the culture of the Victorian Era.

But I will see however many hot water faucets with soap dispensers as I will need to see. It's not too hard to do when you put even a trifling bit of planful thought toward it, and when you are aware of your surroundings. You should try it. Remember, you're the one who likes to plume yourself about how meticulously prepared you imagine you are for any and every contingency that could come down the pike.

Just get hold of a bottle of hand cleanser, put it in your pocket........ use it.

Why, when you go about in public, do you feel such an urge to be "all the time" touching with your hands whatever is nearby? Why not just develop a civilized habit of keeping your hands to yourself unless absolutely necessary?

Arthur Brain

No bread?
We get our weekly shopping on Wednesday mornings and Asda's Bread shelves were bulging.
The Tins were ok as well because Asda is limiting sales of most products to three per transaction.

I think you're in the UK, yes? I'll tell you of a product that you won't find anywhere, not in any store or pharmacy..... a thermometer! Amazon is offering deliveries in late April but if you want a special delivery you can pay an extra £35 for a thermometer. I never thought of thermometers..... a neighbour told me about this.

Not today and that applied to the local Iceland store as well. They'll be restocked and it's a good idea to restrict purchases to curb this stockpiling. It's not like food is suddenly going to run out or that deliveries are going to stop. Yes, from the UK. The North where it's grim anyway...

:eek:

eider

Not today and that applied to the local Iceland store as well. They'll be restocked and it's a good idea to restrict purchases to curb this stockpiling. It's not like food is suddenly going to run out or that deliveries are going to stop. Yes, from the UK. The North where it's grim anyway...

:eek:

Not a Geordie by any chance?
You know what southerners call them! :D

All schools close today.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
A question worth asking: Was Sweden's moderate approach to the coronavirus the most reasonable approach after all? Below is a link to an article that makes Sweden's case, along with a couple of their most relevant graphics:

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F8c2a0720-f123-4c1b-83ad-eb4f226de5f7_5293x2983.png

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fc10b5dd1-151f-4f0b-a199-a899d2f4a076_5293x2983.png

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Sweden's strategy to slow the spread of the virus includes voluntary social distancing, significant decrease in use of public transport, large numbers working from home, and refrained travel. The government has also banned gatherings of more than 50 people and visits to elderly care homes.

Nevertheless, Sweden has seen 23,216 cases of COVID-19 and 2,854 deaths from the virus — a death rate of 279.98 deaths per 1 million people, one of the highest in the world. Other Nordic countries are much lower — Norway has a rate of 40.27 deaths per 1 million people, and Finland has a rate of 43.49. -- https://www.businessinsider.com/us-...rus-approaches-both-could-cause-deaths-2020-5

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Sweden decided not to implement a full-scale lockdown during the pandemic. It now has up to 10 times as many COVID-19 deaths per capita as its Nordic neighbors. Sweden also didn't fare much better economically, suggesting its gamble didn't pay off.

marke

If you have 25 minutes, I highly recommend this video on the actions of the Chinese government from the initial wake of the outbreak to last month, quite shocking:

Wuhan Lockdown

Those Americans and professionals from around the world who supported the gain-of-function research at Wuhan likely had no idea of the massive suffering and death their unwise experiments were going to unleash on millions of people around the world.