ECT The Nations and the NHNE

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Show it to us.

Example: The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector in Luke 18.

In the parable, Jesus taught justification by faith alone, and did so on the basis of imputed righteousness.

Paul taught the same thing in Philippians 3.

Interplanner

Thanks, even while wearing my Holfordian colored glasses, I can still only decipher 10% of his posts to glean from.

I don't see anything in Paul in Rom 16, Eph 3, Col 1 on mystery that is like what Jesus was teaching in Mt 13. There are various different mysteries. The one Paul is most absorbed in, affecting his career most, and closest to the 'veil' problem, is the one in these three passages.

Danoh

I don't see anything in Paul in Rom 16, Eph 3, Col 1 on mystery that is like what Jesus was teaching in Mt 13. There are various different mysteries. The one Paul is most absorbed in, affecting his career most, and closest to the 'veil' problem, is the one in these three passages.

What Danoh said :rotfl:

Danoh

I know. I don't know if the other guy understands. Yes, you got this one particular thing right. I wish you could get the veil right.

Yet, I always read you right.

Why? I know how to get at intended sense.

You're the one blinded by the vail when it comes to "what's this mean?"

Put your endless books based reasoning away; try the Scripture - "for where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" (from said vail).

SaulToPaul 2

The LORD Jesus taught about the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven.
Paul had no part in the kingdom of heaven.

Interplanner

There is no difference. Heaven was often a 'safe' way to refer to God in Judaism at that time. These kinds of distinctions are amateur.

Spend your effort sorting out how Gal 3:17 happened. Not these kinds of convenient distinctions made out to be huge mountains.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

There is only one kingdom.

The gospels prove there is absolutely no difference between "the kingdom of God" and "the kingdom of Heaven".

Paul and Jesus preached the kingdom of God.

(Acts 28:31) He proclaimed the kingdom of God and taught about the Lord Jesus Christ—with all boldness and without hindrance!

(Luke 4:43) but he said to them, “I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns as well; for I was sent for this purpose.”

The kingdom of God was preached since JTB:

(Luke 16:16) "The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John. Since that time, the good news of the kingdom of God is being preached, and everyone is forcing their way into it.

This isn't hard to understand, unless you have an agenda (like trying to defend the false teachings of John Nelson Darby).

SaulToPaul 2

There is no difference. Heaven was often a 'safe' way to refer to God in Judaism at that time. These kinds of distinctions are amateur.

Spend your effort sorting out how Gal 3:17 happened. Not these kinds of convenient distinctions made out to be huge mountains.

:chuckle:

Interplanner

The more you do that icon, the more you remind me of the Big Brother icon in 1984. You think it is just a matter of dictating, without providing reasons or proof.

For one ex. of using 'heaven' instead of naming God see the parable of the 'prodigal.'

What you are doing here reminds me exactly of 2 Tim 2:14-26. Quarrelsome about words and foolish distinctions instead of rightly handling the Word and being about the work of the Gospel. You're 'fav' sound byte is there, and you'll have to answer to Christ about that.

SaulToPaul 2

The more you do that icon, the more you remind me of the Big Brother icon in 1984. You think it is just a matter of dictating, without providing reasons or proof.

For one ex. of using 'heaven' instead of naming God see the parable of the 'prodigal.'

What you are doing here reminds me exactly of 2 Tim 2:14-26. Quarrelsome about words and foolish distinctions instead of rightly handling the Word and being about the work of the Gospel. You're 'fav' sound byte is there, and you'll have to answer to Christ about that.

Oh.

Danoh

Yep. Stp is the one driven to start all this quarrelsome, road to nothing, threads of yours :chuckle:

Interplanner

It's handling, not dividing. Dividing (in English) was used to validate 2P2P and all its many separations, which is ugly besides mistaken. Handling has to do with getting the mission done, not being "right" about theology. Theology follows function.

SaulToPaul 2

It's handling, not dividing. Dividing (in English) was used to validate 2P2P and all its many separations, which is ugly besides mistaken. Handling has to do with getting the mission done, not being "right" about theology. Theology follows function.

When you make a straight cut to a tomato, do you handle it, or divide it?