ECT The Monarchy Christ vs Christ Crucified

Interplanner

Since the loss of independence in 330 BC, intertestment Israel looked for a restored monarchy. The desecration by Antiochus was insulting, but the event that matters most to the mood of the NT was the census of 4 or 6 AD.

The Roman pivoting arrangement was bad enough. The temple tax made the Romans believe that the Jews were worshiping Roman deities, at least enough to tolerate them, and their own at their temple at the same time. It was uneasy. It was not helped by the difficult paranoid persona of Herod, the one who built the huge temple, Caesarea's port, etc., but also slaughtered in Bethlehem. But when the census happened, it triggered a revolt in Galilee, noted in Acts 5:32.

From that point on, the Galileans were spoken of not merely due to dialect, nor as less intelligent fishermen, but as potential disruptors, insurrectionists, etc. Oddly, Christ chose many from there.

They wanted a monarchy Christ. That is what Peter thought he was acclaiming in his confession, but not Christ. Christ immediately told him that his people would be one day built on Peter, but that church would in turn be built on the facts of his death and resurrection. It implies a huge change in Peter.

But the momentum of seeking a monarchy Christ had so much force that Peter is compelled to take him aside and tell him 'this will never happen.' People who say things like this are saying they intend to interfere, to change the outcome, etc.

So what did God do then? He hid the meaning of the death and resurrection from the disciples. This is repeated several times in Mark and Luke, however, in Matthew we only find them full of grief. I think that it is a self-absorbed sorrow. It is still hidden in the arrest scene, where Peter decides to protect Christ. "That's enough" says Christ and heals the victim.

After the Gospel event had happened, and he was raised, he gave the extensive training in what the OT was actually about, so that by Pentecost we find Peter, empowered by the Spirit, teaching that the resurrection was truly the enthronement of Christ in Ps 16 because of his accomplishment for those who are near and those who are far off. It was not about a monarchy but about the mission of God to the nations.

SaulToPaul 2

They wanted a monarchy, but the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven provided a delay in that monarchy.
It will come, as written. Believe your Bible.

SaulToPaul 2

Once again, for those slow to see, and slow to hear:

First Coming

1 Passover
2 Unleavened Bread
3 First Fruits
4 Pentecost

Second Coming

5 Trumpets
6 Atonement
7 Tabernacles

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Once again, for those slow to see, and slow to hear:

First Coming

1 Passover
2 Unleavened Bread
3 First Fruits
4 Pentecost

Pentecost is the Feast of Firstfruits.

And you shall count for yourselves from the day after the Sabbath, from the day that you brought the sheaf of the wave offering, seven Sabbaths shall be completed. Count fifty days to the day after the seventh Sabbath, then you shall offer a new grain offering to the Lord.

You shall bring from your dwellings two wave loaves of two-tenths of an ephah. They shall be of fine flour, they shall be baked with leaven. They are the firstfruits to the Lord. (Leviticus 23:15-17)​

Jesus is the first of the firstfruits.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Second Coming

5 Trumpets
6 Atonement
7 Tabernacles

Tabernacles is a feast of seven days followed by another day, the Eighth Day which Jesus referred to as the Great Day of the Feast.

On the Last Day, that Great Day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water."

But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive for the Holy Spirit was not yet given because Jesus was not yet glorified. (John 7:37-39)

He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him—the word that I have spoken will judge him in the Last Day. (John 12:48)​

This Great Day is described in Revelation 20.

Interplanner

Tabernacles is a feast of seven days followed by another day, the Eighth Day which Jesus referred to as the Great Day of the Feast.

On the Last Day, that Great Day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water."

But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive for the Holy Spirit was not yet given because Jesus was not yet glorified. (John 7:37-39)

He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him—the word that I have spoken will judge him in the Last Day. (John 12:48)​

This Great Day is described in Revelation 20.

And STP's atonement thing is totally wrong according to Hebrews.

Interplanner

The literalist/D'ist thinks they can resort to lists of feasts to predetermine everything. Where were those lists when Alexander conquered? When Antiochus brought a pig to the temple to sacrifice? When the Romans arranged their double-god plan for Israel? When Tiberius made a census?

The Jews that wanted independence were responding to that census? That revolt happened when the disciples were kids and they grew up with people like that who wanted to take Israel back from Rome ever since. In that century, Jesus came and had to change people like that into his followers. He liked their robustness, he did not like their teaching.

And he was to be the king/Christ of his people who were to be missionaries, not zealots. Do the 70 missionaries look like zealots to you? Did anyone on his team declare independence, which was the same as a declaration of war? Then he was enthroned per Ps 16 in the resurrection.

That, and that power in the Spirit of God, is the 'kingdom' that was supposed to come. Know the history so you don't rely on preset diagrams or cycles of life.

God's Truth

Pentecost is the Feast of Firstfruits.

And you shall count for yourselves from the day after the Sabbath, from the day that you brought the sheaf of the wave offering, seven Sabbaths shall be completed. Count fifty days to the day after the seventh Sabbath, then you shall offer a new grain offering to the Lord.

You shall bring from your dwellings two wave loaves of two-tenths of an ephah. They shall be of fine flour, they shall be baked with leaven. They are the firstfruits to the Lord. (Leviticus 23:15-17)​

Jesus is the first of the firstfruits.

Jesus is the FirstFruits.

Interplanner

The first day of the week (not called Sunday by anyone in Judea yet) was when believers gathered for worship and the day that giving was requested in I Cor 16.

Danoh

D'ism is made up. All of its key quotes are as strained as you can get. The plain meaning is quite otherwise. D'ism is very ignorant of 1st century history, so it is fake background.

You are a fool who makes things up as he goes.

Mid-Acts' O'Hair, Baker and Stam, were very throughly studied in history.

Many within Acts 2 Dispensationalism have been more than well versed in history.

Call up a Mid-Acts' R. Jordan; see if men like him don't make your forty years of history look like the amateur hour you consistently prove it to be.

A few so called Dispys clueless of history beyond Elementary thru High School, and or into alt-right Revisionist History, does not all Dispys make.

:doh:

DAN P

D'ism is made up. All of its key quotes are as strained as you can get. The plain meaning is quite otherwise. D'ism is very ignorant of 1st century history, so it is fake background.

Hi and IF Dispensationalism is FAKE as you claim , then quote the verses how you were saved !!

Explain where a 1P 1P goes when he DIES ??

Why are you having a PROBLEM with these EASY questions ??

You can not answer , why NOT ??

dan p

Interplanner

Hi and IF Dispensationalism is FAKE as you claim , then quote the verses how you were saved !!

Explain where a 1P 1P goes when he DIES ??

Why are you having a PROBLEM with these EASY questions ??

You can not answer , why NOT ??

dan p

they have been answered several times and you are complicated, and complicating them.

DAN P

they have been answered several times and you are complicated, and complicating them.

Hi and you will never ANSWER because you do not KNOW and you have never answered , NOT ONE TIME !!

All can see that you are a PREVARICATOR , pure and simple !!

I have given the plan of salvation many times and Paul is the PATTERN and yet you will never know !!

dan p