ECT THE MEANING OF 2 PETER 2:1 !!~

DAN P

Hi to all and I see some are thrown by 2 Peter 2:1 !!

It reads , But there were false prophets also among them the people , even as there shall be false nteachers among you , who privily shall bring in damnable heresies , even denying the Lord that brought them and bring upon themselves swift destruction !!

#1 It is obviously written while Peter was yet alive !!

#2 , There 2 verbs in the Greek text , THERE SHALL BE and PRIVILY SHALL BRING and are in the Greek FUTURE TENSE , WHY ??

We know from 2 Cor 3:13-15 that Israel has ALREADY been set aside as a VAIL covers the HEART of all Jews !!

This means , since Israel as a Nation has been set aside , Christ raised up another apostle , Paul to minister to Gentiles , Kings , and the Sons of Israel , Acts 9:15 !!

When Christ comes back for His B O C as in Ron 11:25 and 1 Thess 4:13-18 and 1 Cor 15:51-58 and 2 Thess 2:_1-4 THEN Rom 11:26 kicks in and beings Jacob's Trouble and then God will AGAIN deal with Israel and not until then !!

dan p

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi to all and I see some are thrown by 2 Peter 2:1 !!

It reads , But there were false prophets also among them the people , even as there shall be false nteachers among you , who privily shall bring in damnable heresies , even denying the Lord that brought them and bring upon themselves swift destruction !!

#1 It is obviously written while Peter was yet alive !!

#2 , There 2 verbs in the Greek text , THERE SHALL BE and PRIVILY SHALL BRING and are in the Greek FUTURE TENSE , WHY ??

We know from 2 Cor 3:13-15 that Israel has ALREADY been set aside as a VAIL covers the HEART of all Jews !!

This means , since Israel as a Nation has been set aside , Christ raised up another apostle , Paul to minister to Gentiles , Kings , and the Sons of Israel , Acts 9:15 !!

When Christ comes back for His B O C as in Ron 11:25 and 1 Thess 4:13-18 and 1 Cor 15:51-58 and 2 Thess 2:_1-4 THEN Rom 11:26 kicks in and beings Jacob's Trouble and then God will AGAIN deal with Israel and not until then !!

dan p

Wrong.

Israel can turn to the Lord at any time.

2Co 3:14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
2Co 3:15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
2Co 3:16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

Rom 9:1 I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,
Rom 9:2 That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.
Rom 9:3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:
Rom 9:4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
Rom 9:5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.
Rom 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
Rom 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

The church began with Jews and many were added to the Lord ever since,and Paul was also one of them.

It was only the unbelievers of Israel who were blinded according to Paul--

Rom 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

LA

DAN P

Wrong.

Israel can turn to the Lord at any time.

2Co 3:14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
2Co 3:15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
2Co 3:16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

Rom 9:1 I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,
Rom 9:2 That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.
Rom 9:3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:
Rom 9:4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
Rom 9:5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.
Rom 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
Rom 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

The church began with Jews and many were added to the Lord ever since,and Paul was also one of them.

It was only the unbelievers of Israel who were blinded according to Paul--

Rom 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

LA

J do agree that Jews can be saved in the DISPENSATION of the Grace of God as 2 Cor 3:16 and Gal 3:28 BUT as individual Jews and NOT as a NATION !!

First , Rom 11:25 has yet to be fulfilled AND then Rom 11:26 will be fulfilled and NOT before !!

2 Cor 3:13-15 holds , during Paul's time as the Holy Spirit had Paul write , that UNTIL even now a COVERING or VAIL LIES UPON THEIR HEART as a Nation / ETHNOS and here ETHNOS does not mean GENTILE !!

Thank you for replying !!

dan p

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
J do agree that Jews can be saved in the DISPENSATION of the Grace of God as 2 Cor 3:16 and Gal 3:28 BUT as individual Jews and NOT as a NATION !!

First , Rom 11:25 has yet to be fulfilled AND then Rom 11:26 will be fulfilled and NOT before !!

2 Cor 3:13-15 holds , during Paul's time as the Holy Spirit had Paul write , that UNTIL even now a COVERING or VAIL LIES UPON THEIR HEART as a Nation / ETHNOS and here ETHNOS does not mean GENTILE !!

Thank you for replying !!

dan p

Many individuals do make a nation--

1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
1Pe 2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

LA

DAN P

Many individuals do make a nation--

1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
1Pe 2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

LA

Hi and if you click on a Greek web site , you will see that many words in Greek are a Transliterated which means to write is and other alphabet , for many do not have a direct translation !!

This is why NATION / ETHNOS can be translated , by RACE , HEATHEN , GENTILE , NATION , AND JEWISH NATION , like in John 11:48 , 50 and 51 !!

So study the Greek text and you will be dangerous !!

dan p