ECT The Manifestation of the Sons of God

Jerry Shugart

What is the part in "bold" referring to in this passage?:

"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God" (Ro.8:18-21).​

Any thoughts?

achduke

"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God" (Ro.8:18-21).​

Any thoughts?

Perhaps,

Galatians 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Isaiah 44:23 Sing for joy, you heavens, for the Lord has done this;
shout aloud, you earth beneath.
Burst into song, you mountains,
you forests and all your trees,
for the Lord has redeemed Jacob,
he displays his glory in Israel.

Jerry Shugart

The verse is speaking about something which will happen in the future. Here is another translation:

"For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed" (Ro.8:19; NIV).​

The creation is expecting the children of God to be revealed. And this passage gives a good clue as to what will be revealed:

"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God...And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body" (Ro.8:21,23).​

achduke

The verse is speaking about something which will happen in the future. Here is another translation:

"For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed" (Ro.8:19; NIV).​

The creation is expecting the children of God to be revealed. And this passage gives a good clue as to what will be revealed:

"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God...And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body" (Ro.8:21,23).​

I can see this. Also see Isaiah 66:7-8. Which is similar to Revelation 12. I do not believe this was fulfilled with the current land owners of Israel. They are not really believers as an entirety.

Cross Reference

Any thoughts?

Yes. Adam was created innocent with the intention by God that he should be made holy by a series of moral choices. In order for that to happen Adam needed to make those choices on his own. Enter the law of the flesh [vs20] called "vanity" that would present him with the necessary obstacles to prove/test his faithfulness __ rather, in his case, obedience that would have birthed faithfulness in him.

Jerry Shugart

I can see this.

Let us look at this passage again:

"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God...And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body" (Ro.8:21,23).

This is referring to time when those in the Body of Christ will be caught up to meet the Lord in the air and will put on incorruptible bodies, just like His body:

"In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality" (1 Cor.15:52-53).​

Dan Emanuel

Any thoughts?
When the Creation itself is new, and we have our new body's that never bleed, never die, never age, and can fly (1 Thessalonians 4:17 KJV), then the son's of God are manifested in all our glorious liberty.

Daniel

Jerry Shugart

Yes. Adam was created innocent with the intention by God that he should be made holy by a series of moral choices. In order for that to happen Adam needed to make those choices on his own. Enter the law of the flesh [vs20] called "vanity" that would present him with the necessary obstacles to prove/test his faithfulness __ rather, in his case, obedience that would have birthed faithfulness in him.

Jerry Shugart

When the Creation itself is new, and we have our new body's that never bleed, never die, never age, and can fly (1 Thessalonians 4:17 KJV), then the son's of God are manifested in all our glorious liberty.

Yes, the verse is speaking of the new bodies which Christians will put on when they meet the Lord Jesus in the air!

achduke

Let us look at this passage again:

"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God...And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body" (Ro.8:21,23).

This is referring to time when those in the Body of Christ will be caught up to meet the Lord in the air and will put on incorruptible bodies, just like His body:

"In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality" (1 Cor.15:52-53).​

Revelation 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Matthew 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Cross Reference

That's your screwed up opinion by not linking the two together, i.e., your above vs19 and vs 20

Jerry Shugart

That's your screwed up opinion by not linking the two together, i.e., your above vs19 and vs 20

Your opinion is laughable because you are unable to tell the difference between things that have happened in the "past" from things which will happen in the "future."

As usual you demonstrate that you do not have any common sense nor are you able to reason out of the Scriptures.

oatmeal

Any thoughts?

Once we are gathered together, I Thessalonians 4:13-18, and taken to heaven, and so ever be with the Lord, our responsibilities will not stop there.

We, having a body like unto his glorious body will be useful in carrying out the lord Jesus Christ's responsibilities as described in the book of Revelation.

Some of that is likewise described in II Thessalonians 1:6-11

Jerry Shugart

Once we are gathered together, I Thessalonians 4:13-18, and taken to heaven, and so ever be with the Lord, our responsibilities will not stop there.

We, having a body like unto his glorious body will be useful in carrying out the lord Jesus Christ's responsibilities as described in the book of Revelation.

Some of that is likewise described in II Thessalonians 1:6-11

I agree with you. Another thing we can learn from this is the fact that those who were taught to expect His appearing at the rapture were taught that it could happen at any moment:

"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation (apokaradokia) of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God...And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, that is, the redemption of our body" (Ro.8:18,19,23).​

Here Paul is speaking of "the redemption of our body", an event that will happen when the Lord Jesus appears. The Greek word translated "earnest expectation" is "apokaradokia", and this word means "to watch with head erect or outstretched...to wait for in suspense" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

Vine says that the word means "primarily 'a watching with outstretched head' (apo, 'from,' kara, 'the head,' and dokeo, 'to look, to watch'), signifies "strained expectancy, eager longing," the stretching forth of the head indicating an 'expectation' of something from a certain place, Rom. 8:19; Phil. 1:20" (Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words).

The same Greek word "was used in Greek writings to describe the alert watchman who peered into the darkness, eagerly looking for the first gleam of the distant beacon which would announce the capture of Troy." (Precept Austin).

So according to the Greek experts the word that Paul used in regard to the "redemption of our body" is a word that indicates that this event can take place at any time.

Was Paul wrong in his belief? Of course not. The Lord had evidently told him that His appearing could occur at any moment.

All this means that the coming of the Lord described here could not be in regard to the rapture:

"And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory" (Mt.24:30).​

Before this can happen there are things which must precede His coming in the clouds of heaven. The "abomination of desolation" must first stand in the Holy Place (Mt.24:15).

Paul would not be telling anyone to be looking with their heads outstretched in eager anticipation of His appearing if it was not possible for the Lord to appear until certain events took place, events which had not yet occurred when he wrote his epistles. Paul would not say that the "Lord is at hand", or His appearing is imminent, if it would not be possible for the Lord to appear until "after" the "abomination of desolation" stands in the Holy Place.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
People as don't believe in the Millennial reign can never see it in the bible, folks that DO believe it see it everywhere...this scripture refers to the Millennium

Aimiel

When we all come together in the unity of The Faith and in the knowledge of The Son of God unto a mature man: the Body of Christ will fulfill Jesus' prophecy:

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

I haven't yet heard of anyone walking on water, much less GREATER works than Christ did. We SHALL come together and SHALL do all that God has said we shall do. When The Sons of God realize what belongs to them in Christ and arise to do His Will we shall put His enemies under His Feet. One day we shall even lay Death at His Feet.

The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; from henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.

He isn't coming to get a lukewarm and backslidden church... He's coming for a victorious church and that cannot take place until we use His Blood and our testimony to subdue His enemies.