ECT THE MAIN REASON PEOPLE ARE LOST !!

Wick Stick

You're simply being thrown off be his obviously quirky approach.

Doesn't mean he is often actually off-base in his assertions.

Rom. 14:5.
I agree - Bad logic and faulty hermeneutics don't necessarily mean the conclusion is wrong. When that happens, it usually means the person started with the conclusion, and worked backwards to create some flim-flam justification for it.

In this case, what's happening is that Dan has a lot of experience arguing several pet arguments, within the framework of his theology. He keeps attempting to frame the conversation as one of those arguments, but he's having some difficulty arguing with me, because my arguments are not ones that he's encountered before, and I refuse to argue within his framework. (I have my own framework, of course.)

So, he continually reaches back into his bag-of-tricks and pulls out an old argument that worked some other time, even though its basically a non-sequitur to what I said.

Maybe you want to help him? I left lots of points open for dispute/discussion in my posts, but he didn't pick up on any of them.

DAN P

I agree - Bad logic and faulty hermeneutics don't necessarily mean the conclusion is wrong. When that happens, it usually means the person started with the conclusion, and worked backwards to create some flim-flam justification for it.

In this case, what's happening is that Dan has a lot of experience arguing several pet arguments, within the framework of his theology. He keeps attempting to frame the conversation as one of those arguments, but he's having some difficulty arguing with me, because my arguments are not ones that he's encountered before, and I refuse to argue within his framework. (I have my own framework, of course.)

So, he continually reaches back into his bag-of-tricks and pulls out an old argument that worked some other time, even though its basically a non-sequitur to what I said.

Maybe you want to help him? I left lots of points open for dispute/discussion in my posts, but he didn't pick up on any of them.

Hi and if you want discussion OR debate , it is fine with me !!

I grew up as a Pentecostal , a Baptist , and know what they believe and not all of these position all agree !!

So start with any verse that promotes your THEOLOGY is fine with me , so done be SLY and do not BACK away by saying I am not picking up on your points as an EXCUSE so bring on WATER BAPTISM , TONGUES or what ever you want !!

dan p

Wick Stick

If you want a conversation, why don't you give me your explanation of the book of Colossians, rather than trying to define 6 words in a single verse? Then we can compare notes.

Or you could actually address the points I made in one of the several posts I have now made in this thread.

Wick Stick

Hi and is John 1:1 that proofs that Jesus is God is PROOF TEXTING wrong ??

Is Gal 3:28 that proofs we ARE / ESTE a verb in the PRESENT TENSE that proves we are " in Christ " wrong PROOF TEXTING , is Gal 3:28 WRONG ??

YES ?

OR NO ??

dan p
:sigh:

Jesus is God. Using John 1:1 in a vacuum to supposedly prove this, is not a compelling argument. If you want to establish that, you're going to need to go significantly further.

No matter what point you are making - even if your conclusion is right - using a single verse simply does not prove it. That's poor work. Do better work.

RealityJerk

Hi to all and in 2 Cor 4:4 it reads , Among who the god of this AGE has blinded the THOUGHTS of the UNBELIEVERS , so that the Illumination of the Gospel of the glory of Christ , who is God's IMAGE ( IS ) not to shine forth on them !!

It seems that , the TULIP and LIMITED and ATONEMENT teaching will take a HIT with this verse , that it is Satan , is the cause of those being lost !!

As we saw in Genesis that the snake twisted , God's word as many are doing today but Paul warns us in 2 Cor 2:11 for we are not IGNORANT of his thoughts !!

The verb HATH BLINDED / HYPHLOO is also in the AOTIST TENSE or what is called Past Tense and unless the gospel shines on them they will be lost !!

We also see the verb SHOULD SHINE / AUGAZO is in the AORIST TENSE and began with Paul's preaching of the MYSTERY !!

We see in verse 7 we have a TREASURE /THESAUROS or a CASKET , TREASURY , A DESPOSIT , STORE HOUSE and this m treasure is the MYSTERY as recorded in Rom 16:25 and 26 !!

Many a person refuse to believe that Paul is the PATTERN for those being saved today as written in 1 Tim 1:16 !!

dan p

Interesting, thank you. Good message.