The Logic of Liberals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Public school officials in Virginia are being accused of humiliating an 11-year-old male student by forcing him to wear red fingernail polish, lipstick, and a bow in his hair.

A lawsuit alleges that fifth-grader Matthew Thornberry was the victim of assault and battery when principal Emma Austin and assistant principal Jenny Eaton put makeup on the boy last year while he was a student at Twin Springs Elementary School. Pittsylvania County School superintendent James McDaniel is also named as a defendant in the case. The three educators have also been sued for intentional and negligent infliction of emotional distress, and gross negligence.

Thornberry's attorney, Glenn Berger, calls the officials' conduct "outrageous," and contends it will scar the young boy for the rest of his life.

"It's one thing for a child to even ridicule himself or to make a joke," Berger explains, "but it's a very different thing for an administrator to set a child up for ridicule. Administrators should set examples of good behavior -- not mimic bad behavior and set children up for ridicule."

The suit also alleges the administrators required students to refer to Thornberry as a new student named "Mattie." According to the attorney, the young boy may find it difficult to live down the incident in the community. "It's a community where the person you went to fifth grade with will probably be a friend of yours or an acquaintance of yours for the rest of your life," he says.

Superintendent McDaniel would not comment on the alleged incident. Berger says he expects the case to go to trial next fall.cite

Ok... now wait a sec here...

Aren't these the same people who are always inviting homos in to explain how everyone should be tolerant of perverse behavior?

Administrators impose the view this behavior is acceptable. Now they use it as punishment? Isn't this really a hate crime? Teaching the children it's ok to ridicule a boy dressed as a girl, ( but only when the "educators" say it's ok). And worse, to be involved in it.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The parent is suing them? I would beat the crap out of them for humiliating my son that way!

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Administrators should set examples of good behavior -- not mimic bad behavior and set children up for ridicule."

This is a problem from way back. Teachers as well as parents sometimes play "the humiliation card" to justify changing a child's behavior.

PureX

How did "Public school officials" become "these people" (liberals)? I don't see any connection here at all.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Libs are always looking for new "forms" of "discipline". Libs are pushing "tolerance" of perverts. What are the odds these women are conservative?

PureX

Seems to me that it's the religious conservatives that are so enamored with the need for maximum punishment. Frankly, I could see this behavior as the result of some religious zealot before I could see it as the behavior of a "liberal".

PureX

.....Like maybe the kid came to school with a pro-gay t-shirt and so some gay-hating teacher made him up to look like a girl to humiliate him. I could see this happening before I could see some liberal doing it. But since we don't have any idea what really happened, who did it, or why, this is all just speculation.

Free-Agent Smith

It would be easier to let them just go back to corporal punishment with a thick wooden paddle to help heat up their behinds.
I hope that the family of Matthew Thornberry wins their lawsuit. I don't say that to jusitfy anything he did wrong but that kind of punishment, make-up, should be left to Massachussits and Californication.

Status
Not open for further replies.