The Liberating Power of the Gospel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Pate

Banned
"If the Son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed" John 8:36.

Man is a creature of bondage and addiction. I know this to be true because I have been there. I was in bondage to religion. But thanks be unto God I learned the liberating power of the Gospel and my religious chains fell off.

What ever it is that has a hold on you can be overcome by the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Cults and religion are two of the most addicting things that can get ahold of us. I have heard of Catholics that have to go to mass three times a day. Religious people are taught that they must maintain their religion. You must, you must, you must, or you are anathema. They are in bondage to the law and religion.

"Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty (freedom)" 2 Corinthians 3:17.

Many enjoy being addicted to their religion. Religion is like being in an a box. You know exactly where the walls, floor and ceiling are at in the box. It can be very comfortable and secure in the box. When I was in the box of religion I was down at the church 3 to 4 times a week, not because I wanted to be there, but because I thought it was required of me. I was wrong.

What does Jesus free us from? Jesus frees us from the law by fulfilling the law for us, Matthew 5:18 and then abolishing it for us, Ephesians 2:15. Where there is no law, there is no sin, judgment or condemnation. Where there is no sin, judgment or condemnation there is no need for a religion. This is why Paul wrote,

"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ has made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage" (the law) Galatians 5:1.

The words law and religion basically mean the same thing. When one is doing their religion they are doing the law. "The law (religion) says do, the Gospel says done" Jesus has victoriously met all of the requirements of the law for us. We now stand complete in him, Colossians 2:10. Paul said to the Galatians that wanted to live according to the law and religion,

"Tell me that you desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law?" Galatians 4:21.

In the Gospel Christ is our righteousness. We don't have to be concerned about our righteousness or our religion. We don't have a righteousness that God will accept because we are born after Adam, Romans 5:12. If you stand in the judgment with your own righteousness, you will most certainly perish.

"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4

Many are trying to be good enough to be saved. The truth of the Gospel is that Jesus was good enough for us. Jesus and Jesus alone defeated sin, death and the devil and in doing so set us free from the law and religion. We are complete in him, Colossians 2:10.

Status
Not open for further replies.