The Left Is Ofiicially Insane

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
KeystoneKops-Trump.jpg

Moratorium on one trick pony threads and posts.

The slang term "one trick pony" is used to refer to something that can only be used for one very specific application, or a person who can only do one thing well ... The phrase is generally used in a disparaging way, since it suggests a lack of flexibility and an inability to work outside very specific parameters.

Origin: The term probably originates in early 19th century in America from small circuses called "dog and pony shows." These circuses had a limited number of animals and performers, and often the shows were simple or lackluster. A horse that performed just one trick probably wasn't considered very impressive.

The phrase is also sometimes used to refer to commentators and academics who use the same material repeatedly without variation; they could also be called "one note." A politician could be accused of being a one trick pony if he or she focused exclusively on one issue while ignoring others. While single-minded pursuit of a goal might seem admirable, it can also suggest that someone does not have a wider grasp of the world, which could ultimately prove to be a problem.

https://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-one-trick-pony.htm

- The Left Is Officially Insane

- PATHOLOGICAL LEFTIST LIAR’S LIES

- The left loses its cool

Apparently conservatives have been given a "blank check" to post threads whose only purpose is to taunt and denigrate, but the rest of us are expected to abide by the "moratorium!"

Last edited:

rexlunae

The fact that SOD seems to miss in all of this is that either the US or Russia *could* go nuclear. But we shouldn't, and likely won't, because Putin's main concern is his own survival. I don't think we should trade away our democracy or our right to govern ourselves in the hopes that by capitulation we might buy peace. The history of that kind of behavior doesn't actually include a lot of peace.

eider

They may be saddened but they do not have the moral courage to do anything about it. There are few Republicans who are running again who have the honesty to criticize the leader of their party. But then again, he got the big donors some big tax benefits.
So, basically, if you're right it just looks as if Senior Republicans in the USA are gutless and dishonest?
Not enough backbone to talk straight to their leader?

I've got it! Click! So that's why the rightists think that : (sic) The Left Is Ofiicially Insane (sic).... ??
Anybody with the guts to face up to and talk straight to a powerful leader must, by some kind of twisted definition, be Nuts?

And so the Thread Title here should be: The Left have Guts, which must be Nuts...?
Yep...... anybody with the moral spine to speak out is a nutter.... like the Left.

Thankyou for that...... :)

It is a combination of money, Know-Nothing nationalism and the evangelical focus on abortion that runs Trump's base.
Money? Yeah, well, there's a whole crowd of greedy folks over here as well. We'll never get clear of 'em I'm afraid.
Know-Nothing Nationalism? Well, we are just about entering into a war now with the USA, along with some very huge and powerful countries. A war we never wanted. People just don't understand that fiscal and trade wars rip up livelihoods, borders, commerce, industry, retail, travel and more. It's a kind of destruction without the bombing and tanks. In the UK some of us do want our national identity back, it's true, but I still think that's different to the Tariff war that's looming.
Abortion? I do think that we need to tighten up our abortion laws here in the UK....... folks who support 12-25 week abortion should attend a few and be made to dispose of the remains. They should be made to watch the foetus dying...... and yet being (what I think is) a moderate on some religious websites is equivalent to being a monster.

In any case, the OP has shown a total disconnect with half of his own people. Sad. Heartbreaking.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Barbarian observes:
"Evidences" is an archaism, like "heered" for "heard."

Nope. You got fooled again.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
"Evidences" is an archaism, like "heered" for "heard."

Sounds like another one of your modern revisions.

Barbarian chuckles:
Post 1820, or thereabouts.

Evidences is uncommon today, but it wasn't that long ago that it was common,

Barbarian explains:
That's what an "archaism" is, Stipe.

In language, an archaism (from the Ancient Greek: ἀρχαϊκός, archaïkós, 'old-fashioned, antiquated', ultimately ἀρχαῖος, archaîos, 'from the beginning, ancient') is the use of a form of speech or writing that is no longer current or that is current only within a few special contexts.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archaism

Stipe doubles down:
Nope. You got fooled again.

:chuckle:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:darwinsm:

:mock: Blablaman

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Trump rolled over like a submissive puppy dog to Putin in front of the entire world.

And the right is incapable of imagining anything short of nuclear war if Putin is held to account. :rotfl:

That is the one thing he did right. Of all nations, only Russia can end all life on Earth by goingg to war with us. All the 1950s paranoia about the spread of communism was overblown. Communism works for very poor emerging countries, but once they get into manufacturing and developing urban life they naturally because capitalists. China is totally Capitalist, no mater what name they call their system and so is Russia.

Where Trump is an idiot is he is fighting the inevitable global market and making up terms like "trade deficit" to get his faithful to follow along on hope that labour is coming back to the USA. No way, even China is passing labour to less developed 'third would' countries.

I am probably a more economic conservative than Trump, or maybe a more realistic one. We should have had someone like Rand Paul be president; he is a true economic conservative!

It is was the Democrats trying to work a peace with Russia, then the Republicans would be raising hell. We need to get past these ideological differences and work together for the betterment of ourselves and our neighbours. Both economics (Nash) and political science bears out this truth.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The fact that SOD seems to miss in all of this is that either the US or Russia *could* go nuclear. But we shouldn't, and likely won't, because Putin's main concern is his own survival. I don't think we should trade away our democracy or our right to govern ourselves in the hopes that by capitulation we might buy peace. The history of that kind of behavior doesn't actually include a lot of peace.

You have a good point; however, it seems more important to work out free trade competency than it does to fuss over things now past. I do not want Russia messing in our elections, yet I doubt they had much real effect and bet they will not try it again, since we have shown how strongly we reacted to it. At the same time, we should not expect Russia to follow all our idealist stances on all issues; they live by a different government system and we need to be more tolerant.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Not near as much as it was ten years ago.

It does seem calmer. And to their credit, the management doesn't pretend to be fair and unbiased.

Bottom line, those who can't win when the system is rigged, need to join a debating club.

But you will find that many of the sort you find here, won't be there. For obvious reasons.

rexlunae

You have a good point; however, it seems more important to work out free trade competency than it does to fuss over things now past. I do not want Russia messing in our elections, yet I doubt they had much real effect and bet they will not try it again, since we have shown how strongly we reacted to it. At the same time, we should not expect Russia to follow all our idealist stances on all issues; they live by a different government system and we need to be more tolerant.

I don't think any part of this is past. I think it's barely begun.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Russia is still actively trolling our elections and interfering ... and I do believe the outcome of the election was swung due to the election meddling and Comey's partisan assault on democracy.

Arthur Brain

Russia is still actively trolling our elections and interfering ... and I do believe the outcome of the election was swung due to the election meddling and Comey's partisan assault on democracy.

You have to wonder what that two hour private meeting involved as well. Somehow I reckon it was Putin doing most of the talking...

:rain: