The Law

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The word Torah means Instruction, Teaching, Direction, Law.

The Law can refer to the Law of Moses (the Jewish Bible) or the first five books of the TaNaKh (Torah - Law, Nevi'im - Prophets, Ketuvim - Writings / Scriptures) (the Hebrew Bible) (the Complete Jewish Bible) or the Old Testament (composed of 39 books).

The word Law can refer to Civil Law, Moral Law, Ceremonial Law. A Law Code, etc.... There is Torah Law, the Law of the Nation of Israel, and the Law of the Land or the Law of the United States of America.

This thread can be about Law, anything and everything that you can think of. From God's Law and the New Covenant, to silly laws (still laws, there is a reason for these), to the intent of the law and the spirit of the law and justice such as with driving laws or judicial decisions and criminal law (I know very little about this maybe even nothing except that the word criminal comes before law), etc.... You can guide the conversation if you can put something forth, anything and everything. Some people believe that there are contradictions in law such as between God's Law and Man's Law sometimes, but we will have to sort these out.

Basically we should put forth what the Bible says, but we are not limited to the Bible or a discussion of it as the word law is bigger than that, even as we are in the religion forum and all right and wrong relate to God. Another discussion is if God's Law has place in our world today, if it has been abolished, if it has been fulfilled, if all things have been accomplished, if it is outdated, if it is eternal or everlasting or perpetual, if we are not under the Law but under grace, if the Law is for the unbeliever but not the believer, etc....

Shalom (Peace).

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
God's Law can refer to the Law of Moses or New Covenant Law. It can refer to the 10 Commandments.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
There are other words like the word law, such as judgments statutes and ordinances, that are useful in defining what is what and categorizing that which we have from God relating or pertaining to what we are to do. Or what we are not to do.

bcbsr

Rom 10:1-13
1 ¶ Brothers, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved.
2 For I can testify about them that they are zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge.
3 Since they did not know the righteousness that comes from God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness.
4 Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.
5 Moses describes in this way the righteousness that is by the law: "The man who does these things will live by them."
6 But the righteousness that is by faith says: "Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’" (that is, to bring Christ down)
7 "or ‘Who will descend into the deep?’" (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).
8 But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming:
9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.
11 As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame."

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Rom 10:1-13
1 ¶ Brothers, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved.
2 For I can testify about them that they are zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge.
3 Since they did not know the righteousness that comes from God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness.
4 Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.
5 Moses describes in this way the righteousness that is by the law: "The man who does these things will live by them."
6 But the righteousness that is by faith says: "Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’" (that is, to bring Christ down)
7 "or ‘Who will descend into the deep?’" (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).
8 But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming:
9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.
11 As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame."

Romans 10:4 NASB - For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The regenerate man is subject only to the Royal Law. " My burden is light".

James 2:8 NASB - If, however, you are fulfilling the royal law according to the Scripture, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF," you are doing well.

Matthew 11:28-30 NASB - "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What the Law and the Bible say about Homosexuality.

What the Law and the Bible say about Homosexuality.

Many people are under the mistaken assumption that Homosexuality is not against the Law. However, in the Law of Moses we find that it is against the Law.

Genesis 18:20-19:29 is the story of Sodom and Gomorrah.

Leviticus 18:22 and Leviticus 20:13 are against Homosexuality.

Leviticus 18:22 NASB - 'You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.​

Leviticus 20:13 NASB - 'If [there is] a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.​

Romans 1:18-32 affirms that those who practice homosexuality are worthy of death.

Romans 1:18-32 NASB - For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures. Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them. For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper, being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; [they are] gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful; and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them.​

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 shows for believers that some used to be homosexuals.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 NASB - Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor [the] covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.​

1 Timothy 1:8-10 affirms that the Law is for those who practice homosexuality.

1 Timothy 1:8-10 NASB - But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching,​

Therefore I conclude that homosexuality is bad and wrong, and that those who practice it are worthy of death, but that you can repent and not practice it any more.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Thank you very much for posting this. At 70 I am still not to old to learn something new.
Again thanks

You are welcome. I discovered that there is a false god mentioned there, so I hope it does not trouble you in any way. We should stick with God's Law. It is amazing how many of these laws are similar. It is as if people kind of know what right is.