THE KINGDOM OF GOD

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Time for me to work on my knowledge of the kingdom of God program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
First, the kingdom of God and the kingdom of heaven are one and the same thing. The terms are interchangeable and I at least will proceed with that as truth in these notes.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Secondly the kingdom of God is multifaceted, there are many facets concerning God's kingdom.
There is the Universal kingdom of God where God rules from eternity past over everything including both the saved, unsaved, the good angels, bad angels etc.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
The basic meaning of the Kingdom of God is: God rules; it is the sphere over which the sovereign God rules. Though there may be degrees of authority in different aspects of God's Kingdom Program, the basic meaning remains: God rules. Frucht

Epoisses

The kingdom of God that Christ came to this world to establish is a kingdom of love. This kingdom of love is ruled by three sovereign monarchs - Love queen, Grace princess and Faith princess. Love queen is crazy. Grace princess is the party girl and Faith princess is the model of virtue and piety in the kingdom.

Jerry Shugart

Paul is speaking of the eternal kingdom in the following verse:

"Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son" (Col.1:13).​

The word "translated" comes from the Greek word methistemi, which means "to transpose, transfer, remove from one place to another" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

If the kingdom of the Son was on the earth when Paul wrote those words then there would be no need to "translate" the believer to the kingdom of the Son. In what way is the Christian "translated" into this kingdom?:

"If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God...For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God"
(Col.3:1,3).​

"Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ...And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus"
(Eph.2:5-6).​

Once the sinner believes the gospel he is completely identified with the Lord Jesus, from His death and His life (Ro.6:3) as He is now sitting at the right hand of the Father in the eternal kingdom.

This also speaks of the eternal or heavenly kingdom:

"And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption"
(1 Cor.15:49-50).​

Bradley D

The Kingdom of God is a spiritual Kingdom for "God is spirit" (John 4:24).

"... Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is
within you. ... or, see there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. ..." (Luke 17:21).

TrevorL

Greetings intojoy,
First, the kingdom of God and the kingdom of heaven are one and the same thing. The terms are interchangeable and I at least will proceed with that as truth in these notes.
One aspect of the subject of the Kingdom of God that you have not as yet mentioned is that it also refers to the Kingdom of God that Jesus will establish upon this earth when he returns. The following are a few relevant passages that speak of this:
2 Timothy 4:1 (AV): I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the living and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

Acts 3:19–21 (AV) 19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began

Daniel 2:44 (AV): And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 2:1–4 (AV) 1 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem. 2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD’S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. 3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. 4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Kind regards
Trevor