The Just shall live by Faith !

beloved57

Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

The phrase "The Just shall live by Faith " is found several times in the scripture, here in this passage and also in Hab 2:4;Gal 3:11;Heb 10:38

What this is, its a Divine Promise, that shall be fulfilled by the power, ability, faithfulness and grace of God.

The promise is reality is stating that everyone who has an saving interest in the Messiah, all for whom He lived and died as their surety substitute, shall live by Faith !

If a person never comes to believe in Christ, have Faith in Him for all of Salvation its because that one wasnt of His Sheep Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

Now this, everyone Christ lived and died for shall be made righteous by His One Obedience Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Theres that word shall again, denoting Gods sure word of promise, " shall be made righteous" Now that word righteous is the greek word dikaios and means:

righteous, observing divine laws

1. in a wide sense, upright, righteous, virtuous, keeping the commands of God

approved of or acceptable of God

And the very same word is translated the word Just 33 times in the NT to include in Rom 1:17

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

So logically guided by scripture, all the ones who are the many in Rom 5:19 when its stated "
    so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous."

That many shall live by Faith ! Its a promise. So if one for whom Christ lived and died for in His One Obedience doesn't come to live by Faith in Him, then Gods word has come to naught, God would be a liar.

So the only way one doesn't come to Faith in Christ, believe in Him for all Salvation, and die in unbelief, its because they were not of His Sheep that He laid down His Life for Jn 10:26

But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep,

Nanja

Rom 1:16-17

[FONT=&]16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

The phrase "The Just shall live by Faith " is found several times in the scripture, here in this passage and also in Hab 2:4;Gal 3:11;Heb 10:38

What this is, its a Divine Promise, that shall be fulfilled by the power, ability, faithfulness and grace of God.

The promise is reality is stating that everyone who has an saving interest in the Messiah, all for whom He lived and died as their surety substitute, shall live by Faith !

If a person never comes to believe in Christ, have Faith in Him for all of Salvation its because that one wasnt of His Sheep Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

Now this, everyone Christ lived and died for shall be made righteous by His One Obedience Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Theres that word shall again, denoting Gods sure word of promise, " shall be made righteous" Now that word righteous is the greek word dikaios and means:

[/FONT]

righteous, observing divine laws

1. in a wide sense, upright, righteous, virtuous, keeping the commands of God

approved of or acceptable of God

And the very same word is translated the word Just 33 times in the NT to include in Rom 1:17

17 [FONT=&]For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

So logically guided by scripture, all the ones who are the many in Rom 5:19 when its stated "[/FONT]so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous."

That many shall live by Faith ! Its a promise. So if one for whom Christ lived and died for in His One Obedience doesn't come to live by Faith in Him, then Gods word has come to naught, God would be a liar.

So the only way one doesn't come to Faith in Christ, believe in Him for all Salvation, and die in unbelief, its because they were not of His Sheep that He laid down His Life for Jn 10:26

[FONT=&]But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep,[/FONT]

Amen Brother ! Every one of Christ's Sheep were Legally Justified Heb. 13:20; Rom. 4:25, according to God's Law and Justice, in Him, their Covenant Head and Surety Heb. 7:22; Rev. 13:8b from Everlasting by His One Obedience alone Rom. 5:9-10, 19 on their behalf. That is, their sins were imputed to Christ and His Righteousness imputed to them Rom. 4:8.

Is. 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

So as a result, through the preaching of the Gospel of Peace to the Sheep by God's Servants Col. 1:20, everyone of them shall be given knowledge of their Legal Salvation Luke 1:77 and come to Faith in Him, given them as a fruit of the Spirit in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

And that is how the Just shall Live by Faith !

Nanja

beloved57

But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep,

Exactly ! The goats Mat. 25:41 shall never come to Faith in Christ, because they were condemned already.

John 3:18. 36

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

beloved57

Amen Brother ! Every one of Christ's Sheep were Legally Justified Heb. 13:20; Rom. 4:25, according to God's Law and Justice, in Him, their Covenant Head and Surety Heb. 7:22; Rev. 13:8b from Everlasting by His One Obedience alone Rom. 5:9-10, 19 on their behalf. That is, their sins were imputed to Christ and His Righteousness imputed to them Rom. 4:8.

Is. 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

So as a result, through the preaching of the Gospel of Peace to the Sheep by God's Servants Col. 1:20, everyone of them shall be given knowledge of their Legal Salvation Luke 1:77 and come to Faith in Him, given them as a fruit of the Spirit in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

And that is how the Just shall Live by Faith !

Amen a Great blessing to read this !

Bradley D

Definition of faith. "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Hebrews 11:1). The tangible "substance" and "evidence" is used to describe how strong our faith should be.

beloved57

Does Faith have a role in Justification ? Yes by all means, however its not the cause of ones Justification before God, but the consequence of it.

The elect were justified freely by His Gods Grace Rom 3:24

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

The word freely is the greek word
dórean and means:

as a gift, to no purpose
: as a free gift, without payment, freely

something freely done (as gratis), i.e. without "cause"; unearned (undeserved);

See without cause, being Justified, so if Faith was the cause of the elects Justification it would contradict Rom 3:24

Nanja

Does Faith have a role in Justification ? Yes by all means, however its not the cause of ones Justification before God, but the consequence of it.

The elect were justified freely by His Gods Grace Rom 3:24

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

The word freely is the greek word
dórean and means:

as a gift, to no purpose
: as a free gift, without payment, freely

something freely done (as gratis), i.e. without "cause"; unearned (undeserved);

See without cause, being Justified, so if Faith was the cause of the elects Justification it would contradict Rom 3:24

Amen Brother !

The Faith that the elect are given in New Birth Titus 1:1 is the result [not the cause] of their being regarded as Righteous;

Justified freely by Grace Rom. 3:24 according to God's Law and Justice by the Imputed Righteousness of Christ:

Just as if they have kept all the Law perfectly, by His Perfect Obedience on their behalf.

Rom. 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

beloved57

Amen Brother !

The Faith that the elect are given in New Birth Titus 1:1 is the result [not the cause] of their being regarded as Righteous;

Justified freely by Grace Rom. 3:24 according to God's Law and Justice by the Imputed Righteousness of Christ:

Just as if they have kept all the Law perfectly, by His Perfect Obedience on their behalf.

Rom. 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
Amen Sister.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

_000_

BANNED
Banned
Matthew 4:4
But he answered and said,
It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone,
but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

The just shall live by the commandments of Jesus Christ.

beloved57

The elect are Justified before God before we believe the Gospel !

Thats why its written the Just/Justified shall live by Faith. Yes they live by Faith after having heard the Gospel of their Salvation/Justification Eph 1:13, however they were the Just or Justified prior to that.

Case in point is Cornelius, He was already cleansed and justified before God prior to God sending Peter to him to preach the Gospel to him.

Before God sent Peter to that Gentile with the Gospel, God indicated by a vision to Peter that He had cleansed those Gentiles Acts 10:14-15

14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.

15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

That word cleansed is the greek word
katharizō and means:

to free from guilt of sin, to purify,

Thats Justification before God

Now derived from this word is the word
katharismos found in Heb 1:3

Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

a cleansing from the guilt of sins[Justification] : wrought now by the expiatory sacrifice of Christ,

Cornelius along with any other sinner Christ died for have this cleansing unto Justification prior to the Gospel being sent to them.

Now God announced Cornelius cleansed in Acts 10:15 but Peter didnt preach the Gospel unto him until Vs 34-44

34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.
36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all)
37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;
38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
39 And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:
40 Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly;
41 Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.
42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.
43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

Last edited:

beloved57

Case in point is Cornelius, He was already cleansed and justified before God prior to God sending Peter to him to preach the Gospel to him.

Cornelius was stated to be a Just man before he received the Gospel Acts 10:22

22 [FONT=&quot]And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from God by an holy angel to send for thee into his house, and to hear words of thee.

That word just [/FONT]
dikaio is the same word that the promise is made Rom 1:17

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just G1342 shall live by faith

Thats why the word of Faith, the Gospel was sent to this Just man !

Nanja

Cornelius was stated to be a Just man before he received the Gospel Acts 10:22

22 [FONT="]And they said, [B]Cornelius the centurion, [U]a just [/U]man[/B], and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from God by an holy angel to send for thee into his house, and to hear words of thee.

That word just [/FONT][/COLOR][I]dikaio[/I] is the same word that the promise is made Rom 1:17

[COLOR=#0A0A0A][FONT=arial]For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, [B]The just [/B][/FONT][/COLOR][B][COLOR=#0A0A0A][FONT=arial][URL="https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/Lexicon/Lexicon.cfm?strongs=G1342&t=KJV"]G1342[/URL][/FONT]
shall live by faith[/B]

Thats why the word of Faith, the Gospel was sent to this Just man !

Amen to both parts ! Yes, Cornelius is an excellent example of how all God's Elect were Cleansed Rev. 1:5; 13:8b / Justified in the Mind of God from Everlasting, before they come to Believe in time Acts 13:48. For in the Mind of God they were Legally Forgiven from all sin according to God's Law and Justice on their behalf, made Righteous by the Obedience of Christ Rom. 5:19; and that is before they have it revealed to them in the Gospel Eph. 1:13, so as a result they shall be given the Spiritual ability to hear John 8:47a; Prov. 20:12 the Good News of their Salvation when they are Born of the Spirit of God.

beloved57

Amen to both parts ! Yes, Cornelius is an excellent example of how all God's Elect were Cleansed Rev. 1:5; 13:8b / Justified in the Mind of God from Everlasting, before they come to Believe in time Acts 13:48. For in the Mind of God they were Legally Forgiven from all sin according to God's Law and Justice on their behalf, made Righteous by the Obedience of Christ Rom. 5:19; and that is before they have it revealed to them in the Gospel Eph. 1:13, so as a result they shall be given the Spiritual ability to hear John 8:47a; Prov. 20:12 the Good News of their Salvation when they are Born of the Spirit of God.

Amen Sister. Now I just read an article wherein the writer wrote this concerning the condemnation upon the elect in Rom 5:18

Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

This condemnation that fell upon Adam and his elect posterity was not a condemnation to hell. But it was a spiritual condemnation. God’s elect are fashioned in iniquity and have no knowledge of God when they are born. Indeed they are totally depraved and have no desire of the things of God. They are born spiritually dead. But that does not mean that God views them as those that are on their way to hell.

Please tell me your thoughts.

Nanja

Amen Sister. Now I just read an article wherein the writer wrote this concerning the condemnation upon the elect in Rom 5:18

Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Please tell me your thoughts.

According to scripture, I believe the writer of that article is in error.

God's Elect were never under any condemnation, spiritual or otherwise !

Now an article by a writer whom I admire greatly and whose works are true to scripture, explained Rom. 5:18, [as may have been paraphrased by me in my notes] like this:

God's Elect were Justified In Christ before the world began, chosen in union with Him, to be Holy and without blame before Him in Love Eph. 1:4; never to come under condemnation.

1 Cor. 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Rom. 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Therefore they are them that are Justified.

Now we can acknowledge that the condemnation was actually accrued by them Rom. 5:18a was an actual condemnation they deserved Rom. 5:18a, however the condemnation was actually charged to Christ their Surety and Covenant Head Heb. 7:22. And so, it's the same when they are being in a state of nature Eph. 2:2-3 while being enemies, they are still reconciled to God.

Rom. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

So all the condemnation that the Elect of God did accrue was charged to their Surety, which discharged them from it.

beloved57

According to scripture, I believe the writer of that article is in error.

God's Elect were never under any condemnation, spiritual or otherwise !

Now an article by a writer whom I admire greatly and whose works are true to scripture, explained Rom. 5:18, [as may have been paraphrased by me in my notes] like this:

God's Elect were Justified In Christ before the world began, chosen in union with Him, to be Holy and without blame before Him in Love Eph. 1:4; never to come under condemnation.

1 Cor. 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Rom. 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Therefore they are them that are Justified.

Now we can acknowledge that the condemnation was actually accrued by them Rom. 5:18a was an actual condemnation they deserved Rom. 5:18a, however the condemnation was actually charged to Christ their Surety and Covenant Head Heb. 7:22. And so, it's the same when they are being in a state of nature Eph. 2:2-3 while being enemies, they are still reconciled to God.

Rom. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

So all the condemnation that the Elect of God did accrue was charged to their Surety, which discharged them from it.

Amen Sister. I understand what the writer was trying to say because he was defending the doctrine of justification from eternity from an opponent who doesn't believe that most blessed doctrine of the Gospel. The opponent brought up the fact that how did condemnation come upon the elect if they're justified from eternity? The writer responds by stating that the condemnation Paul speaks of in Rom 5:18 isnt condemnation to hell because the elect arent never under That kind of condemnation/ nor the wrath of God, which i agree with. However i also believe that even when the elect are born dead in sin and enemies in their minds by wicked works as per Col 1:21 that they're not condemned even though they deserve to be. Hence i believe the condemnation in Rom 5:18 was damnatory, for its the word katakrima and means:

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]damnatory sentence, condemnation which damnatory sentence was imputed to Christ on their behalf because He was made Surety. So even when they're enemies there's no condemnation unto them at all. Rom 8:1a

[/FONT]So I would say he spoke error also in that statement though he was attempting to defend a blessed doctrine of eternal justification.

Nanja

Amen Sister. I understand what the writer was trying to say because he was defending the doctrine of justification from eternity from an opponent who doesn't believe that most blessed doctrine of the Gospel. The opponent brought up the fact that how did condemnation come upon the elect if they're justified from eternity? The writer responds by stating that the condemnation Paul speaks of in Rom 5:18 isnt condemnation to hell because the elect arent never under That kind of condemnation/ nor the wrath of God, which i agree with. However i also believe that even when the elect are born dead in sin and enemies in their minds by wicked works as per Col 1:21 that they're not condemned even though they deserve to be. Hence i believe the condemnation in Rom 5:18 was damnatory, for its the word katakrima and means:

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]damnatory sentence, condemnation which damnatory sentence was imputed to Christ on their behalf because He was made Surety. So even when they're enemies there's no condemnation unto them at all. Rom 8:1a

[/FONT]So I would say he spoke error also in that statement though he was attempting to defend a blessed doctrine of eternal justification.

Okay, and TY for commenting on that Brother !

beloved57

The Just shall live by faith because God has promised to betroth them Himself in Faithfulness

Hos 2:20

[FONT=&quot]I will even [/FONT]betroth thee unto me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the Lord.

The word faithfulness here is the heb word 'emuwnah

:[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]firmness, fidelity, steadfastness, steadiness its the same word faith used in Hab 2:4

[/FONT]Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]. [/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]Behold the Faith, Faithfulness of the believer is the Gift of God. Are we the faithful in Christ ? Eh 1:1

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

Then God be thanked for He hath brought to pass His word of promise to us Hos 2:20

[/FONT]
20[FONT=&quot]I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Lord[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Notice also the outcome "[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]and thou shalt know the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Lord[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT][FONT=&quot] This is from that Covenant Promise which Christ is the Mediator of Heb 8:11

[/FONT]
11 [FONT=&quot]And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Jn 17:3

[/FONT]
3 [FONT=&quot]And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Nanja

The Just shall live by faith because God has promised to betroth them Himself in Faithfulness

Hos 2:20

[FONT="]I will even [/FONT][/COLOR][B]betroth thee unto me [U]in [/U][B][U]faithfulness[/U]: and thou shalt know the Lord.[/B][/B]

The word faithfulness here is the heb word [I]'emuwnah[/I]

:[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif][COLOR=#000000]firmness, fidelity, steadfastness, steadiness its the same word faith used in Hab 2:4

[/COLOR][/FONT][COLOR=#0A0A0A][FONT=arial]Behold, his soul [/FONT][/COLOR][I]which[/I][COLOR=#0A0A0A][FONT=arial] is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#9E0B0F][FONT=arial][B]faith[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif][COLOR=#0a0a0a]. [/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif][COLOR=#0a0a0a]Behold the Faith, Faithfulness of the believer is the Gift of God. Are we the faithful in Christ ? Eh 1:1

[/COLOR][/FONT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial][B] [/B][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

Then God be thanked for He hath brought to pass His word of promise to us Hos 2:20

[/FONT]
20[FONT="]I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]Lord[/FONT][FONT="].[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]

Notice also the outcome "[/FONT]
[FONT="]and thou shalt know the [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]Lord[/FONT][FONT="].[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#000000][FONT="] This is from that Covenant Promise which Christ is the Mediator of Heb 8:11

[/FONT]
11 [FONT="]And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying,[B] Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.[/B]

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]Jn 17:3

[/FONT]
3 [FONT="]And this is life eternal,[B] that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ[/B], whom thou hast sent.[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]
[/FONT]
[FONT="]
[/FONT]

Amen Brother, God's Covenant Promise to His Chosen Ones Deut. 7:6; Is. 45:17; Eph. 1:4-5 according to His Will Eph. 3:11, is that He betroth or espouse them to Himself in Faith / Faithfulness so that they come to Intimately Know and acknowledge Him, the One True God John 17:3; Rev. 21:2 Heb. 8:11 by Giving them His Faith Hos. 2:20; Hab. 2:4.