The Hoax of the Three Days and Three Nights

Ben Masada

The Hoax of the Three Day and Three Nights

Dave Spiegel addressed this is one of his apologetics classes sometime in the 1990's I think. The explanation is that there were two different calendars in operation -- exactly 1 day apart.

Never heard of it.

Ben Masada

Tell me if you can, is this a parable, or is it literal?
Genesis 3:6 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.

It is an allegory. The Genesis account of Creation of man is an allegory. The attempt is the Jewish way to set in an allegory the creation of man. The point is the acquisition of knowledge by man through rationality. Try again.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Does the John 19:31 passage truly say it was a "High Sabbath" or "High Day"? It says "megale", which can be understood as the GREAT Day of Shabbat, (for the Son of man is Master of Shabbat: and in it he rested). :)

The Great Day is a reference to the Eighth Day, not the seventh.

Also on the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when you have gathered in the fruit of the land, you shall keep the feast of the LORD for seven days; on the first day there shall be a sabbath-rest and on the eighth day a sabbath-rest. (Leviticus 23:39 NKJV)

On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink." (John 7:37 NKJV)​

bling

Could Passover been on the Friday before the Saturday Sabbath and been called a Sabbath day also. I think Jesus was crucified on Thursday and not Friday. It fits other ways count back to when the previous Saturday Sabbath was. So is Passover a Sabbath day also?

Ben Masada

The Hoax of the Three Days and Three Nights

Could Passover been on the Friday before the Saturday Sabbath and been called a Sabbath day also. I think Jesus was crucified on Thursday and not Friday. It fits other ways count back to when the previous Saturday Sabbath was. So is Passover a Sabbath day also?

The Passover may fall on a Friday and be observed as a Sabbath but it is not called a Sabbath Day of the "size" of the weekly Sabbath. For instance, we can cook on the Passover day, a thing that is forbidden to do on the Sabbath of the seventh day.

CherubRam

Rstrats, you are entitled to your opinion and I hope I am to mine. I grew up as a Jew and I have always been said that a festival that falls on the Sabbath, it makes of that Sabbath a HIGH Sabbath in the KJV translation; or a solemn Sabbath according to NAB translation; or a Shabaton as Jewish tradition is concerned.

You are correct.

CherubRam

Never heard of it.

The first Civil Hebrew Calendar was introduced about 167 BC. Both, the Civil, and Biblical calendar, were in use until the final defeat of Israel in 133 AD. With the Biblical calendar the Passover was always on the eve of Friday the 13th, until Saturday eve on the 14th.

CherubRam

The Great Day is a reference to the Eighth Day, not the seventh.

Also on the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when you have gathered in the fruit of the land, you shall keep the feast of the LORD for seven days; on the first day there shall be a sabbath-rest and on the eighth day a sabbath-rest. (Leviticus 23:39 NKJV)

On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink." (John 7:37 NKJV)​
[The earliest manuscripts and many other ancient witnesses do not have John 7:53—8:11. A few manuscripts include these verses, wholly or in part, after John 7:36, John 21:25, Luke 21:38 or Luke 24:53.]

Ben Masada

The first Civil Hebrew Calendar was introduced about 167 BC. Both, the Civil, and Biblical calendar, were in use until the final defeat of Israel in 133 AD. With the Biblical calendar the Passover was always on the eve of Friday the 13th, until Saturday eve on the 14th.

Yes, of course, the Passover is always on the 14th of the month of Nisan according to the Jewish calendar. It does not mean that it falls in the same day of the week. It can fall on any day of the week.

CherubRam

Yes, of course, the Passover is always on the 14th of Nisan according to the Jewish calendar. It does not mean that it falls in the same day of the common calendar. It can fall any day of the week.

With the Biblical Calendar, the 14th was always on Saturday, but not with the Civil Hebrew Calendar.

False Prophet

The sabbath that was mentioned at the burial of Jesus was not the Saturday sabbath, but it was another separate sabbath apart from Saturday.

CherubRam

The sabbath that was mentioned at the burial of Jesus was not the Saturday sabbath, but it was another separate sabbath apart from Saturday.

Christ was hung on Friday the 13th, which was Preparation Day before the Sabbath began. The Sabbath and Passover began Friday evening at sundown. Christ was buried at about sundown on Friday. Unleavened Bread would last from Saturday evening to Sunday evening. First Fruits was offered on Monday. The women went to the tomb Tuesday morning after the First Fruits Offering.

JosephR

Christ was hung on Friday the 13th, which was Preparation Day before the Sabbath began. The Sabbath and Passover began Friday evening at sundown. Christ was buried at about sundown on Friday. Unleavened Bread would last from Saturday evening to Sunday evening. First Fruits was offered on Monday. The women went to the tomb Tuesday morning after the First Fruits Offering.

thats a good story, you should write it down and start a religion on it :) ull prolly get rich :)

CherubRam

Yes, of course, the Passover is always on the 14th of the month of Nisan according to the Jewish calendar. It does not mean that it falls in the same day of the week. It can fall on any day of the week.
Passover is on different week days with the Civil Hebrew Calendar. Passover is on the same week day with the Biblical Calendar.