The High Priest needs to be of Aaron.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Greetings again Jacob, No. I believe that God has brought again the children of Israel back to the land in anticipation of their conversion at the return of Jesus. They will then accept him as their Messiah, their King and their High Priest.

Kind regards
Trevor
I am sorry but I disagree. We are in the land, but not because of other nations. You are wrong about conversion and the return of Jesus. Yeshua already is the King of Israel. He is our Messiah and our High Priest. Do you know Hebrew? I do not follow Christian interpretations.

TrevorL

Greetings again Jacob,
I am sorry but I disagree. We are in the land, but not because of other nations. You are wrong about conversion and the return of Jesus. Yeshua already is the King of Israel. He is our Messiah and our High Priest. Do you know Hebrew? I do not follow Christian interpretations.
I am still confused by your answers. If Yeshua already is the King of Israel, Messiah and High Priest, then why are you looking for a High Priest from the lineage of Aaron?

Kind regards
Trevor

beameup

You are incorrect.
You are ignorant of the scriptures.
And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation [Israel].
These are the words which thou [Moses] shalt speak unto the children of Israel.
- Exodus 19:6

Every Israeli is not of the tribe of Levi, so those who are not will also be priests, but of the order of Melchizedek (as will Messiah). This prophecy will be fulfilled following the return of Messiah.

csuguy

Jacob,

The New Testament is pretty clear that Jesus is the High Priest of a different and superior Priesthood than that of Aaron. If the Old Covenant and Priesthood were sufficient, then there would have been no need for a New Covenant and Priesthood.

Hebrews 8:1-7 Now the main point in what has been said is this: we have such a high priest, who has taken His seat at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens, 2 a minister [a]in the sanctuary and in the true [c]tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, not man. 3 For every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices; so it is necessary that this high priest also have something to offer. 4 Now if He were on earth, He would not be a priest at all, since there are those who offer the gifts according to the Law; 5 who serve a copy and shadow of the heavenly things, just as Moses [d]was warned by God when he was about to erect the [e]tabernacle; for, “See,” He says, “that you make all things according to the pattern which was shown you on the mountain.” 6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, by as much as He is also the mediator of a better covenant, which has been enacted on better promises. For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion sought for a second.

Hebrews 9:11-15 But when Christ appeared as a high priest of the good things [k]to come, He entered through the greater and more perfect [l]tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this creation; 12 and not through the blood of goats and calves, but through His own blood, He entered the holy place once for all, [m]having obtained eternal redemption. 13 For if the blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkling those who have been defiled sanctify for the [n]cleansing of the flesh, 14 how much more will the blood of Christ, who through [o]the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish to God, cleanse [p]your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

15 For this reason He is the mediator of a new covenant, so that, since a death has taken place for the redemption of the transgressions that were committed under the first covenant, those who have been called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.​