The Heretics Message to the World:Be Baptized to be Saved! (HOF thread)

c.moore

Hello to those who think baptizmo saves

Here is one simple question for you.

What is the meaning of this scripture?????
Joh:1:33: And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

Is Jesus including water in his baptism in the HOly GHOst?????

Hey Brother Freak thanks for the comment, I can`t wait untill I see what excuse some people have this time this is going to shock you freak watch and read what they come up with.
God Bless you and your wife, we all still have you in our hearts here in Germany.

Be Bless peace

Apollos

"One simple question..."

"One simple question..."

c. moore -

Speaking of ONE simple question, I guess I will ask mine AGAIN...

Please tell us – exactly what does “embracing the person of Jesus” means AND what does this involve.

Be quite specific and give scripture to support it! These are YOUR words. WHY won't you tell us??

Is this something that you teach in that "believer's course" of your??

What is it going to take to get an answer ?????????????

JustAChristian

Freak said:
JustaChristian,

You cannot seperate His shed Blood and His personhood. That would be absurd. They are one and the same. Jesus is what saves-Jesus giving His life is what brings eternal life. Now accept Him for your salvation. Water is just that water. Accept the One who created the water.

The man without the plan? There's no way you can! Amen!

Matthew 7:21- 29

21 ¶ Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
28 And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:
29 For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

JustAChristian

Last edited:

Kevin

c.moore,

What made the marriage legal???

Indeed... what makes a marriage legal? Things like:

* Obtaining a license from a courthouse
* Ceremony performed in front of a judge or qualified minister and at least 2 witnesses

Multiple things are required to happen before the marriage is legal. Until all of those requirements are met, they are not considered married, either in the eys of the state, nor in the eyes of God.

Mark 16:16 specifies that multiple things must also be done to be married to Christ: Belief and Baptism.

c.moore, one of the things about being married is the fact that when two people are married, they become one flesh.

Ephesians 5:31

31) For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.

When we are married to Christ, we also become joined with Christ; we are in Christ. If we are not in Christ, that means we are outside of Christ. To be outside of Christ means that you are not joined with Christ in marriage. My whole point is that the only way to be IN Christ is through baptism.

Galatians 3:27

27) For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

According to this verse, who has "put on Christ"? Answer: "as many of you as were baptized into Christ". If we have put on Christ, then we are in Christ - being joined with Him in marriage through baptism. This only applies to those who were baptized in Him.

Romans 6:11, which is in reference to baptism, and baptism only, says:

11) Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God IN Christ Jesus our Lord.

Again, we have solid evidence that baptism is the chosen method that allows us to become "in Christ", joined with Him in marriage.

If we have not been baptized, then we are not joined "in Christ", hence, not married to Him. Believing in Christ is like being in love with Christ. However, being in love with somebody certainly does not mean they're married to that person. Baptism is how we are joined in marraige to Christ, and alive to God through Jesus.

To sum up, we should fall in love with Christ through belief and become married to Christ through baptism, which is what puts us IN Christ.

Ian Day

Exposition of illustrations !

The discussion of marriage is a valuable illustration of our relationship with Christ. However, marriage is more than a "one flesh" physical relationship. Whatever the legal & family ceremonies, and the physical union, the union of hearts & lives has far more to do with an enduring & happy marriage than what happened on the wedding day & night. (Ann & I celebrate 40 years next August. ;) :) )

Jesus, Paul, James & John speak of new birth to show the change from our old life to the new. Being "born of God", "born of the Spirit", "born from above", "born of the Word of Truth", "born again ... by the Word of God", etc.

Paul uses baptism to show we are dead to sin & alive to God, Hebrews & Peter speak of baptism cleansing the conscience, Jesus speaks of "born of water" . Peter & Hebrews speak of the sprinkled blood. The symbolism of baptism is of birth, death, resurrection, union, washing, etc.

The Old Covenant required heart circumcision, without which physical circumcision was without significance. (Except to condemn a broken relationship.)

Every analogy, every illustration, falls short of the glorious reality. Isaiah mixes his metaphors wonderfully in an attempt to convey the wonder of a true relationship with God:

Isa 62:1 For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp [that] burneth.
2 And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD shall name.
3 Thou shalt also be a crown of glory in the hand of the LORD, and a royal diadem in the hand of thy God.
4 Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called Hephzibah, and thy land Beulah: for the LORD delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married.
5 For [as] a young man marrieth a virgin, [so] shall thy sons marry thee: and [as] the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, [so] shall thy God rejoice over thee.

To try to sum up, the spiritual marriage is the relationship established by the new birth by the Spirit of God, making the repentant sinner a child of God. This is publicly declared by baptism, which marks that spiritual relationship in the way that the marriage ceremony marks the wedding.

Seemore has it wrong, in that the union of hearts & lives makes the marriage, not the declaration, yet the declaration is important for all to acknowledge that union.

Baptism does not make us believers, but it is the expression of our relationship with Christ. Believers should be baptised, but baptism does not make believers. Regeneration by the Spirit of God, making us children of God, makes believers.

Kevin

Ian,

Paul uses baptism to show we are dead to sin & alive to God.

I'm sorry, but that just isn't what the Bible teaches. Romans 6 tells us that baptism is what makes us dead to sin and alive in Christ. It's not to "show" anyone anything.

It clearly says that the condition for being dead to sin and alive in Christ is IF we have died with Him. IF. It is through baptism and baptism only that we die with Him.

tralon

Kevin-Read the verses carefully. We are buried WITH Christ in baptism. Thus symbolizing our union WITH Christ. It is Jesus Christ that causes us to become alive.Not the water. And it was Jesus Christ who washed away our sins by his blood.Rev.1:5. Water baptism only PICTURES what Christ has ALREADY done for us 2,000 years ago.

P

Pilgrimagain

Again to my amazement I am in agreement with Freak. Though I believe totally that we are inthe presence of God through the sacrements, I do not believe in and of themselves they are a means to grace. No let me rephrase, perhaps we do find grace at the Lord's table or in our baptism, but those things are not salvific. they are outward signs of something else.

Peace,
Pilgrim

Kevin

tralon,

Kevin-Read the verses carefully. We are buried WITH Christ in baptism. Thus symbolizing our union WITH Christ. It is Jesus Christ that causes us to become alive.Not the water.

Yes, I realize that we are buried WITH Christ in baptism, but baptism is also what allows us to be IN Christ. Until we die with Christ through baptism, we are not with Christ, or IN Him.

Galatians 3:27

27) For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

If somebody "puts on" a suite of armor, that person is then IN that suite of armor. If somebody "puts on" Christ, that person is then IN Christ. This verse makes it very clear that it is those who are baptized are the ones who have put on Christ.

Thus symbolizing our union WITH Christ

One is not WITH Christ unless one is IN Christ, and baptism is how we put on Christ, thus making us in Christ (Gal. 3:27). Baptism is what allows us to be IN Christ as well as WITH Christ.

Last edited:

c.moore

Re: "One simple question..."

Re: "One simple question..."

Apollos said:
Speaking of ONE simple question, I guess I will ask mine AGAIN...

Please tell us – exactly what does “embracing the person of Jesus” means AND what does this involve.

Be quite specific and give scripture to support it! These are YOUR words. WHY won't you tell us??

Is this something that you teach in that "believer's course" of your??

What is it going to take to get an answer ????????????? [/B]

This involve Love and faith in Jesus our God this is embracing Jesus like Heb:11:6: But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

1Jo:4:15: Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
1Jo:4:16: And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
1Jo:4:17: Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
1Jo:4:18: There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
1Jo:4:19: We love him, because he first loved us.

I hope this answers your question.

peace

servantofChrist

To those of you who think that baptism is not necessary to be saved...

The Bible speaks of believing the gospel and of obeying the gospel - there is a difference between the two:

"...that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe " (Acts 15:7).

"He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. They will be punished with everlasting destruction..." (2 Thess. 1:8-9).

How does one believe the gospel? By believing the basic truths that come from it. For instance, the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ. Acts 2 is the first gospel message ever delivered and these truths are presented in vv. 23,24. Another truth of the gospel message is that this Jesus who was crucified, God made to be "both Lord and Christ" (v. 36).

But how does one obey the gospel? By doing (obeying) the commands that accompany the gospel message.

And those present at the first gospel message were given two commands to obey - "Repent" AND "be baptized" . And God even gave them the express purpose of their doing so - "for the forgiveness of your sins."

Now notice what Paul says in 2 Thess. 1:8-9 that will happen to those who do not obey the gospel: He says, "They will be punished with everlasting destruction."

How much more plainly could it be put?

c.moore

To those who think water baptism saves...

I here all the time that it is a commandment to be baptized.

Is doing a commandment some kind of good works?

Is commandment the same as laws?????????????

Is doing the obedience of a commandment a good to earn the right to the tree of life or eternal life ???????

Thank you if you are a baptism worker and you answer this question for me.

Peace

c.moore

Is this scripture saying Jesus is coming with water baptism or Spiritual Baptism???

Joh:1:33: And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

God Bless

c.moore

Kevin said:
Indeed... what makes a marriage legal? Things like:

* Obtaining a license from a courthouse
* Ceremony performed in front of a judge or qualified minister and at least 2 witnesses

Multiple things are required to happen before the marriage is legal. Until all of those requirements are met, they are not considered married, either in the eys of the state, nor in the eyes of God.

Quote by c.moore

Where is the exact point where a person is married??

Is it when they sign the marriage certificate ???

How about the wedding, If they have not a wedding comparing your belief with baptism and this tzhey are not married.

If they don`t have a wedding ring they are not completely married according to your belief.

If they don`t have a pastor or minister they are still single and if they live together they commiting fornication.

Can you really tell somebody that just wanted to recieve Jesus as thier Lord and savior on the spot that wait untill our next baptism in a couple or weeks or more so you can get saved but even if you give your heart to the Lord and believe with all your heart 101% and you fall in Love with Jesus and you ask for the blood Of Jesus to wash away all your sins and repent and confess;
you will tell that person you are still on the way to hell because you haven`t been deep in some water baptism yet even though you believe and have faith that you are forgiven of all your sins you will tell them you have no right to the tree of life and you can`t even enter the gates of heaven.

Can you tell somebody this that just recieve Jesus as thier Lord and savoir???????

Can you tell them if they die before they come to the next water baptism they are disobedience and they are still in sin because they didn`t do what the law says or the commandment says in Mark 16:16, so what ever they do don`t die before you been water baptize or you will be satans brother forever even though you gave your heart to Jesus and you recieve God grace??????

Just like to know how you wittness to the lost.

This is also for all thos people who think baptism saves.

What would you say?????????

God Bless peace

Ian Day

Kevin,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Ian]: Paul uses baptism to show we are dead to sin & alive to God.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Kevin] I'm sorry, but that just isn't what the Bible teaches. Romans 6 tells us that baptism is what makes us dead to sin and alive in Christ. It's not to "show" anyone anything.

It clearly says that the condition for being dead to sin and alive in Christ is IF we have died with Him. IF. It is through baptism and baptism only that we die with Him.
You might like to read Romans 6 to see what Paul is writing about :)

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

He's been writing about the guilt of mankind, Jew & Gentile equally condemned, and justification by faith. THe question before us as chapter 6 opens is "if justification is by faith alone, by the free grace of God, not good works, can we continue in sin & still be saved??

The answer is "God forbid, you are dead to sin." He proceeds to introduce baptism (for the first time in Romans) to show that believers were baptised into the death of Christ and so are dead to sin. He uses baptism to prove godly living. He is not primarily teaching the doctrine of baptism. Bear in mind that when he writes of baptism in 1 Cor. 12, that baptism is into the body of Christ by the Holy Spirit. When Paul refers to baptism in a doctrinal context, he isn't necessarily referring to water baptism.

Water baptism of itself does nothing, but its significance is important, and believers are water baptised because of that significance.

A private baptism, as for Paul himself & the Ethiopian, has its significance as it speaks to the believer of all that Christ has done for him.

Kevin

c.moore,

To those who think water baptism saves...

I here all the time that it is a commandment to be baptized.

Is doing a commandment some kind of good works?

Is doing the obedience of a commandment a good to earn the right to the tree of life or eternal life ???????

Thank you if you are a baptism worker and you answer this question for me.

Yeah sure... Noah didn't need to build that ark... who cares if the world is going to be flooded! I'm sure all it would have taken is his faith in God. :rolleyes: NOT!

It was his obedience to God that saved Him. He was smart enough to DO what the Lord commanded him to do, and he did it. As a result, the ark, his WORK, delivered him from the flood waters. If he just sat there and beleived, he would have drowned with the rest of them.

Belief is necessary also. If Noah didn't believe God in the first place, he would not have built the ark. It takes faith and works... which is exactly what James is saying in chapter 2.

I've answered this question in the "Importance of baptism" thread. Let's stop with the double-posting of one answer/questions in two different threads. But since you've already posted it here, I will quote what I've said in the other thread:

No. The law that the Jews were free from was the Mosaic Law. There was no salvation in that Law. Jesus fulfilled that Law, freeing them from it.

Jesus set up a new coventant, which inlucded commandments that He expects to be followed.

John 15:10

10) If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.

IF you keep Jesus's commandments, you will abide in His love. If you don't keep His commandments, you WON'T abide in His love. Simple as that.

John 14:15

15) If you love Me, keep My commandments.

Those who keep His commandments love Him. If somebody doesn't keep His commandments, they don't love Him.

John 14:23-24

23) Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.

24) He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me."

Yet another proof that those who do NOT keep His commandments do not love Him. Those who DO keep His commandments will have a home with Jesus and the Father (verse 23).

1 John 3:24

24) Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

He who keeps His commandments abides IN JESUS, and Jesus IN US. If one does not keep His commandments, they don't abide in Jesus, and Jesus doesn't abide in them. They're doomed without Jesus.

1 John 2:3-4

3) Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.

4) He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

He who does not keep His commandments is a liar, and the truth is NOT in them (verse 4). How much plainer could it be?

In light of all these scriptures I have presented, it would be nothing less than foolish to say that obeying Jesus's commandments isn't necessary for salvation.

Again, let's keep questions and answers to their respective threads and not duplicate them to another thread.

Last edited:

Kevin

Ian,

THe question before us as chapter 6 opens is "if justification is by faith alone

I just love how you guys add that word "only" to faith.

I'm looking at Romans 5:1 where it says that we are justified by faith. Would you show me in there where it says "faith ONLY". I know for a fact that it takes more than faith only to be justified, or else you are saying that the apostle James is a liar.

James 2: 24

24) You see then that a man is justified by works, AND NOT BY FAITH ONLY.

Jame's words do not lie.

Freak

The Apostle James is speaking to believers. He is essentially saying that as a result of your faith in Christ there should be works that give evidence of one's justification. James did not believe justification was by works, that's nonsense and absurd, for the Apostle Paul a friend of James, affirmed that justification is by "faith" (Romans 5:1). Notice baptism nor works is NOT mentioned in that verse just simple faith. Now please accept God's truth that justification is by faith alone.

Apollos

Water is the means through which God's blessing are appropriated !!

Water is the means through which God's blessing are appropriated !!

The blessings "of" water....

Naaman the leper (2 Kings 5) refused at first to wash in the Jordan seven times as directed by the messenger of Elisha. Naaman was wroth because he had envisioned greater deeds or better waters being employed in his cleansing.

When Naaman, in humble obedience to the COMMAND of God through the prophet, dipped seven times in the Jordan, his skin was clean !

I believe Naaman was cleansed because he OBEYED! This was not a boastful work as he desired or even a work of the OT. He arose and dipped to wash away his leprosy.

How then did Naaman come clean?

Do I believe the WATER cleansed Naaman? - NO!
Do I believe he would have returned clean had he refused to dip seven times in the water? - NO!
Was the cleansing accomplished by a work of merit or of the law? - No!
Do I believe obedience to the command of God appropriated God’s blessing of healing? – Yes !!!

… … … … …

There was a man blind from his birth (John 9:1-12). Jesus spat on the ground and made clay of the spittle. Jesus anointed the blind man’s eyes with the clay and said, “Go, wash in the pool of Siloam.” The blind man went away therefore, washed, and came seeing.

How then were his eyes opened?

Do I believe the WATER opened his eyes? - NO!
Do I believe he would have come forth seeing had he had refused to wash? - NO!
Was the healing accomplished by a work of merit or a work of the OT? No!
Do I believe obedience to the command of God appropriated God’s blessing of healing? - Yes !!!

… … … … …

Peter said in Acts 2:38“Repent, and be baptized everyone one of you in the name of Jesus Christ, for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the HS.”

How then did they receive remission of sins ??

Do I believe that it is the WATER that remits our sins? NO – the blood of Christ does !!!

Is the forgiveness of sins accomplished by a work of boasting/merit/or of the OT ? NO – It is accomplished by the blood of Jesus Christ!

Do I believe that the “forgiveness of sins” is possible without being baptized – immersed in water ? No – WATER is the means chosen by God through which forgiveness of sins is APPROPRIATED !!!

Do I believe that OBEDIENCE to the command of God to be immersed in the water will appropriate the blessing of God, which is salvation ??!! Yes – This is what God has designed water baptsim FOR !!

It is those without proper faith in God and His word, that is, the disobedient and unbelieving, that discount water baptism and reject for themselves the HS !!!

He that believes and is baptized shall be saved.” - Jesus

Last edited: