The Heart

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If I'm misogynist, then the Bible and all of history is misogynist.

You know what I think? You all call others misogynists simply to conceal the adverse direction you all have gone with women. You depend upon the appeal of the same entity you've taken to following.
Being led astray by moral heretics :rolleyes:

That's the problem, you don't.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
If I'm misogynist, then the Bible and all of history is misogynist.

You know what I think? You all call others misogynists simply to conceal the adverse direction you all have gone with women. You depend upon the appeal of the same entity you've taken to following.
Being led astray by moral heretics :rolleyes:

I said
Its just the way you relate to it that makes you look like a misogynist. Man and woman have two different roles. That doesn't mean that man is better than woman. It just means their are two different positions. In Christ they are loved the same.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You fail to understand the importance of knowing how to "Rightly Divide" the written word of God. Your ignorance is your downfall.

I said
Your arrogance is your down fall. I never asked you to list what books in the new testament you believe. You have rejected so many of them saying they were for someone else. I figure it is easier to just ask which ones do you think are for you?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
So what do you think of Paul when he said that there is no male and female in Christ?

It's in the context- he stated 'neither Jew nor Greek, neither male or female'. It ultimately had nothing to do with the sexes, and everything to do with race as God had before only pertained to the Jews. The 'male or female' is simply to enhance the declaration of the former.

You would understand this if you weren't simply flipping through the Bible trying to find ways to put women above where God has always willed them to be placed :wave2:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
It's in the context- he stated 'neither Jew nor Greek, neither male or female'. It ultimately had nothing to do with the sexes, and everything to do with race as God had before only pertained to the Jews. The 'male or female' is simply to enhance the declaration of the former.

You would understand this if you weren't simply flipping through the Bible trying to find ways to put women above where God has always willed them to be placed :wave2:

I said
I think you missed something. The Jew or Greek convered the races. The male and female did refer to the sexes.

marhig

It's in the context- he stated 'neither Jew nor Greek, neither male or female'. It ultimately had nothing to do with the sexes, and everything to do with race. The 'male or female' is simply to enhance the declaration of the former.

That's right, twist the scriptures to suit you, Paul clearly says that we are all one in God. There is no male or female in heaven, and there is no male and female in those who are of God. Just as Paul says. I've told you, my husband is naturally the head of our household, and I believe that a man of God is above a woman. But no way would I listen to a man who is a false teacher and no way is he spiritually above a woman who walks after the spirit and speaks the truth.

And you still haven't answered me, what about Paul saying the head of Christ is God? Do you believe that?

Last edited:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
That's right, twist the scriptures to suit you, Paul clearly says that we are all one in God. There is no male or female in heaven, and there is no male and female in those who are of God. Just as Paul says. I've told you, my husband is naturally the head of our household, and I believe that a man of God is above a woman. But no way would I listen to a man who is a false teacher and no way is he spiritually above a woman who walks after the spirit and speaks the truth.

And you still haven't answered me, what about Paul saying the head of Christ is God? Do you believe that?

First off, I don't care about your anti-triniarian nonsense. Not only do reject what is the most fundamental requirement of Christianity- knowing Jesus as God- but you are trying to take man's exclusive role within it.

You're just out to recreate Christianity to your standard.

The Apostles didn't add anything new of women that wasn't already in place in Judaism. It's as simple as that, you're simply imagining things that aren't there to perpetuate an idea that God wills women to usurp what is to men.

"Woman does not possess the image of God in herself but only when taken together with the male who is her head, so that the whole substance is one image. But when she is assigned the role as helpmate, a function that pertains to her alone, then she is not the image of God. But as far as the man is concerned, he is by himself alone the image of God just as fully and completely as when he and the woman are joined together into one."

–Saint Augustine

marhig

The Apostles didn't add anything new of women that wasn't already in place in Judaism. It's as simple as that, you're simply imagining things that aren't there to perpetuate an idea that God wills women to usurp what is to men.

Woman was merely man's helpmate, a function which pertains to her alone. She is not the image of God but as far as man is concerned, he is by himself the image of God.

–Saint Augustine
You forget, God created man, male and female created he them. Man is male and female.

Still no answer? Is the head of Christ God? As Paul says he is, seeing as you are quick enough to to quote the rest of those verses. Here I'll copy all of it for you and we'll see if you agree with all of it and not just the parts that you choose to?

1 Corinthians 11

But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

marhig

First off, I don't care about your anti-triniarian nonsense. Not only do reject what is the most fundamental requirement of Christianity- knowing Jesus as God- but you are trying to take man's exclusive role within it.

"Woman does not possess the image of God in herself but only when taken together with the male who is her head, so that the whole substance is one image. But when she is assigned the role as helpmate, a function that pertains to her alone, then she is not the image of God. But as far as the man is concerned, he is by himself alone the image of God just as fully and completely as when he and the woman are joined together into one."

–Saint Augustine
Anyway, talking about Judaism, what about the prophetesses? I know of at least three of them, Miriam, Deborah and Anna?

Judges 4

And Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, she judged Israel at that time.

And she dwelt under the palm tree of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in mount Ephraim: and the children of Israel came up to her for judgment

marhig

Ok, seeing as it's so fundamental, where does it say in the Bible that God requires me to believe in a triune God to be saved?

And seeing as I'm talking nonsense, what does Paul mean when he says the head of Christ is God?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

–Saint Augustine

I said
That is hogwash. A prophetess can witness to all she sees about the Lord. As long as she doesn't demand authority, or teach in church.

Luke 2:36-38
36 Now there was one, Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was of a great age, and had lived with a husband seven years from her virginity;
37 and this woman was a widow of about eighty-four years, who did not depart from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day.
38 And coming in that instant she gave thanks to the Lord, and spoke of Him to all those who looked for redemption in Jerusalem.
(NKJ)