ECT The Great Commission

Cross Reference

"For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel." 1 Cor. 1:17.

Paul states that the call of God is to preach the gospel; but remember what Paul means by “the gospel”, i.e., the reality of Redemption by Christ Jesus. We are nowhere commissioned to preach salvation or sanctification but to make disciples to Jesus Christ by lifting Him up per John 12:32 (KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber

Paul states that the call of God is to preach the gospel; but remember what Paul means by “the gospel”, i.e., the reality of Redemption by Christ Jesus. We are nowhere commissioned to preach salvation or sanctification but to make disciples to Jesus Christ by lifting Him up per John 12:32 (KJV).

1 Corinthians 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Cross Reference

1 Corinthians 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

"And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me."
John 12:32 (KJV)

nikolai_42

What does it mean that preaching the gospel doesn't include preaching salvation if Paul himself said this :

For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!
For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.
What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.
For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

I Corinthians 9 :16-19

And lest that construed as something that doesn't (necessarily) include preaching salvation :

And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;
To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.
To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

I Corinthians 9:20-22

Cross Reference

What does it mean that preaching the gospel doesn't include preaching salvation if Paul himself said this :

For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!
For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.
What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.
For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

I Corinthians 9 :16-19

And lest that construed as something that doesn't (necessarily) include preaching salvation :

And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;
To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.
To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

I Corinthians 9:20-22

You figure it out.

heir

TOL Subscriber
"And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me."
John 12:32 (KJV)
We're right back to 1 Corinthians 1:21 KJV

as God our Saviour:

1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1 Timothy 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Why aren't you preaching the gospel that is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) since it is the will of God that all men be saved and that God has chosen the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe?

Cross Reference

Paul did say this...

Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
I Corinthians 11:1

Good. Now what did Jesus Christ accomplish the world needed to hear, especially the righteous who lived by faith in any god they gave their allegiance for reasons of securing life after death?

nikolai_42

Good. Now what did Jesus Christ accomplish the world needed to hear, especially the righteous who lived by faith in any god they gave their allegiance for reasons of securing life after death?

Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
Isaiah 45:22

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

John 3:14-21

Cross Reference

Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
Isaiah 45:22

Naah. Stop wandering.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

John 3:14-21

Ditto Naah.

Redemption was and is no "might be" or "maybe". It's a fact and Paul preached it.

heir

TOL Subscriber
1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV

heir

TOL Subscriber
Give it up. You have no understanding and seem to be glorying in your willful ignorance. No more to you.

Galatians 6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

Cross Reference

Galatians 6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

Yes! God forbid it! Stick to the Word and rid yourself of the MAD path to alienation.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yes! God forbid it!
Yet, every time I bring it up, you call me names and tell me I don't have understanding even though I preach it (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV) and consider what Paul says and the Lord give thee understanding (2 Timothy 2:7-8 KJV).
Stick to the Word and rid yourself of the MAD path to alienation.
I hold fast the form of sound words I have heard of Paul in Romans through Philemon (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV) as he was given the dispensation of the grace of God to us (Romans 11:13 KJV, Ephesians 3:1-9 KJV). I would not think of leaving sound doctrine to jump in the MUD (mixed up doctrine).

Cross Reference

Yet, every time I bring it up, you call me names and tell me I don't have understanding even though I preach it (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV) and consider what Paul says and the Lord give thee understanding (2 Timothy 2:7-8 KJV). I hold fast the form of sound words I have heard of Paul in Romans through Philemon (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV) as he was given the dispensation of the grace of God to us (Romans 11:13 KJV, Ephesians 3:1-9 KJV). I would not think of leaving sound doctrine to jump in the MUD (mixed up doctrine).

Yeah, he was given a timeframe to speak the gospel of Jesus Christ, i.e, the kingdom of God built upon the foundation of Redemption.

Now, if you dare, speak against that as being error.