ECT "THE GREAT CHALLENGE OF OUR TIME"

Cruciform

"It seems to me that the great challenge of our time...is secularization: That is, a way of living and presenting the world as 'si Deus non daretur,' in other words, as if God did not exist.

There is a desire to reduce God to the private sphere, to a sentiment, as if he were not an objective reality. As a result, everyone makes his or her own plan of life...

We must make God present again in our society. This seems to me to be the first essential element: that God be once again present in our lives, that we do not live as though we were autonomous, authorized to invent what freedom and life are. We must realize that we are creatures, aware that there is a God who has created us and that living in accordance with his will is not dependence but a gift of love that makes us alive."

~ Pope Benedict XVI, QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS (Our Sunday Visitor, 2008), p. 59.

Thoughts or comments?

Interplanner

The Gospel is that God was in Christ reconciling the debt of our sins. Once you unpack that, you no longer have secularism.

It is not a 'belief' because God honored Christ by resurrecting him to an enthronement over all. This is his world. That resurrection happened in space and time and rather wrecks the uniformitarian approach.

SaulToPaul 2

"It seems to me that the great challenge of our time...is secularization: That is, a way of living and presenting the world as 'si Deus non daretur,' in other words, as if God did not exist.

There is a desire to reduce God to the private sphere, to a sentiment, as if he were not an objective reality. As a result, everyone makes his or her own plan of life...

We must make God present again in our society. This seems to me to be the first essential element: that God be once again present in our lives, that we do not live as though we were autonomous, authorized to invent what freedom and life are. We must realize that we are creatures, aware that there is a God who has created us and that living in accordance with his will is not dependence but a gift of love that makes us alive."

~ Pope Benedict XVI, QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS (Our Sunday Visitor, 2008), p. 59.

Thoughts or comments?

Oh.

Danoh

The Gospel is that God was in Christ reconciling the debt of our sins...

That is the foundation of both aspects of God's Two-Fold Purpose: Prophecy (OT/NT) and Mystery (Rom-Phil).

But the Prophetic Aspect is not the Mystery Aspect, and vice versa.

The Prophetic concerns His plan for the Earth via His Son through the Spirit in born again physical sons of Jacob (nation of Israel) as sons of God: His Prophesied Kingdom of Priests through whom the Nations of the Earth will serve God.

The Mystery aspect concerns His plan for the Heavenlies via His Son through the Spirit in regenerated, formerly lost Jews and Gentiles (this side of Israel's temporary fall and temporary setting aside) as a New Creature: the Body of Christ over the Angelic host.

Both aspects are each an aspect of the fulness of Him that filleth all positions of rank and governmental authority over all creation.