Theology Club: The Gospel to the Gentiles

Jerry Shugart

Isn't MAD the gospel of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles according to Paul?

No, MAD refers to Mid Acts Dispensationalism. And that term is referring to the fact that the present dispensation (stewardship) did not begin until the middle part of the timeline of the book of Acts.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, MAD refers to Mid Acts Dispensationalism. And that term is referring to the fact that the present dispensation (stewardship) did not begin until the middle part of the timeline of the book of Acts.

And does MAD take into account only the writings of Paul?

Jerry Shugart

The giants of Mid Acts Dispensationals, Sir Robert Anderson and J.C. O'Hair, believed that the doctrine contained in all of the epistles belong to the Body of Christ. They also taught that men were saved the same way in every dispensation, and that is by grace through faith apart from works.

Those teachings were abandoned by those in what I call the Neo-MAD community.

way 2 go

Bob Enyart's "The Plot" is an overview of the whole bible
Big picture so you can understand the details
It separates Paul's teaching to the uncircumcised
and Jesus and the 12 to the circumcised

Paul's gospel is faith with grace

Rom_3:28 For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law.

Jesus message was faith with works and grace

John 15:2 Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit.

Jerry Shugart

Jesus message was faith with works and grace.

No, according to Him all who "believed" received eternal life:

“Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

Those who received eternal life received that life the moment when they believed. And here is what the Lord Jesus said about all those to whom He gives eternal life:

"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand" (Jn.10:28).​