ECT The Gospel Preached at Pentecost

Right Divider

Body part
Which one of these two people remind you of God's UNtruth?:

"And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted" (Lk.18:9-14).​

God's UNtruth does not feel a need for the Lord's mercy because she walks in obedience.
That is exactly the passage that I think of when I see her posts.

God's Truth

Which one of these two people remind you of God's UNtruth?:

"And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted" (Lk.18:9-14).​

God's UNtruth does not feel a need for the Lord's mercy because she walks in obedience.

You, not I am like the Pharisees.

Firstly, Jesus says to do what the Pharisees say but do not do like they do, for they do not practice what they preach.

Who has not heard and understood that?
I practice what Jesus preaches.

So we see the Pharisees are more like you who go against obeying.

Next, the Pharisees did NOT get baptized with John's baptism of repentance---they did not repent of their sins. I repented of my sins and repent if I sin.

So how do you ever get that I am like the Pharisees when you are the one who does what they do.

DAN P

YOU SAID Paul did not preach obedience for salvation. I gave many scriptures that say he did.

Not only that, here are scriptures where Paul preaches to be saved is to have faith and repent.

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

Hi and REPENTANCE was always required for Jews and others that worshipped God and we see the same thing in Avys 26:20 and REPENTANCE rquires works to prove their REPENTANCE and that is why REPENTANCE is not REQUIRED in the Dispensation of the MYSTERY , Rom 16:25 and 26 !!

dan p

God's Truth

Hi and REPENTANCE was always required for Jews and others that worshipped God and we see the same thing in Avys 26:20 and REPENTANCE rquires works to prove their REPENTANCE and that is why REPENTANCE is not REQUIRED in the Dispensation of the MYSTERY , Rom 16:25 and 26 !!

dan p

The mystery is Jesus is the Lamb of God. The mystery is NOT "we no longer have to obey".

God's Truth

The mystery is;

Ephesians 3:6 New International Version (NIV)

6 This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

The mystery is that JESUS DIED for ALL MEN, for the SINS of the WORLD.
He is the Lamb of God.

DAN P

The mystery is;

Ephesians 3:6 New International Version (NIV)

6 This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

Hi and I will write what Rom 8:17 , that we are Joint-heirs with Christ , which leaves out Israel !!

But does not mean that Jews , will not be saved as 2 Cor 3:16 and are in the B O C as Gal 3:28 says !!

dan p

Interplanner

The mystery is that JESUS DIED for ALL MEN, for the SINS of the WORLD.
He is the Lamb of God.

There is a kind of mystery to that, sure, but that is not the equation of Eph 3:6. All the weight of 3:6 falls on 'through the Gospel' and the things that set on that are the co-s (3 of them).

Judaism thought those things would happen through the Law.

God's Truth

There is a kind of mystery to that, sure, but that is not the equation of Eph 3:6. All the weight of 3:6 falls on 'through the Gospel' and the things that set on that are the co-s (3 of them).

Judaism thought those things would happen through the Law.

Speak what the Bible says. What are the co-s? I know the Bible but I do not always know the special codes for all the many false doctrines out there.

Interplanner

Speak what the Bible says. What are the co-s? I know the Bible but I do not always know the special codes for all the many false doctrines out there.

Get to know the text better:

co-heirs
co-members
co-sharers

I was not being misleading. I said that to see if you actually pay attention to the text. Other ideas are blasting 24-7 at us to have it mean something else.

Do you know how to diagram a sentence? Send me yours for v6

God's Truth

Get to know the text better:

I know the text.

co-heirs
co-members
co-sharers

I was not being misleading. I said that to see if you actually pay attention to the text.

I know you were up to something, you write like that a lot, and I don't like game playing. You said the co-s, is that even proper spelling? Why not the co's? Why not spell out the words?

Other ideas are blasting 24-7 at us to have it mean something else.

See, I have no idea what you are talking about. What other ideas? What is blasting 24-7?
Do you know how to diagram a sentence?

I'm here to discuss the Bible and don't know why you are so vague when you reply to me.

God's Truth

Do you know how to diagram a sentence? Send me yours for v6

I said, "The mystery is that JESUS DIED for ALL MEN, for the SINS of the WORLD.
He is the Lamb of God."

You said, "There is kind of a mystery to that."

That is the mystery. Jesus is the Lamb of God and all people get saved through him.

turbosixx

We have an uninterrupted sermon preached by Peter on the day of Pentecost

I would suggest to you it was interrupted.

When Peter tells them they crucified Jesus, they stopped him and asked him a question.
2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know for certain that God has made Him both Lord and Christ—this Jesus whom you crucified.”
37 Now when they heard this, they were pierced to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brethren, what shall we do?”

After he gives them the answer, he continues.
2:40 And with many other words he solemnly testified and kept on exhorting them, saying, “Be saved from this perverse generation!”

God's Truth

Ephesians 1:9 when He made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose

Ephesians 1:10 for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in Heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him.

Interplanner

Ephesians 1:9 when He made known to us the secret of His will. And this is in harmony with God's merciful purpose

Ephesians 1:10 for the government of the world when the times are ripe for it--the purpose which He has cherished in His own mind of restoring the whole creation to find its one Head in Christ; yes, things in Heaven and things on earth, to find their one Head in Him.

'Government' may be OK, so long as you keep detached from this world--a government on this world. More important, is that the context says this is already true in this age as well as the next.

I hope RD is viewing because I would add this to the Jn 4 and Heb 9 about those things which are overlapping now and will be totally true in the future in a way that cannot happen now. I had forgot this one.

God's Truth

'Government' may be OK, so long as you keep detached from this world--a government on this world. More important, is that the context says this is already true in this age as well as the next.

I hope RD is viewing because I would add this to the Jn 4 and Heb 9 about those things which are overlapping now and will be totally true in the future in a way that cannot happen now. I had forgot this one.

Thanks, I am glad I did something right, seriously.

God's Truth

Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

The Gentiles were once far off from God, but now brought near through the gospel.

Acts 2:39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off--for all whom the Lord our God will call."

Ephesians 2:17 He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near.

Acts 13:47 For this is what the Lord has commanded us: "'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.'"

Acts 26:23 that the Messiah would suffer and, as the first to rise from the dead, would bring the message of light to his own people and to the Gentiles."