ECT The Gospel Preached at Pentecost

Interplanner

No, I stick strictly to the Bible rightly divided.

You are trying to MASH God's dealing with His chosen people on the earth with His choosing of a body seated in heavenly places. That is why you are so immensely confused. You and most of churchianity today.

Rom 10:9-11 (AKJV/PCE)
(10:9) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. (10:10) For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. (10:11) For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Why does Paul always forget to add "obedience" when He speaks of salvation?

Eph 1:13-14 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:13) In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, (1:14) Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

After you believe .... sealed .... until the redemption....

No doubt you will not understand.

Eph 2:8 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

NOT OF YOURSELVES... How hard is that to understand?

Impossible for the self-righteous, like yourself.

The text about rightly dividing is not about that. It is about avoiding wrangling about words and getting practical things done. See the context.

The reason for viewing God's people as one now, is because of Ephesians. The idea that you would use Ephesians for separation is asinine. There are no such distinctions. How do we live our lives in another place? It is a childish construction.

Unfortunately you have championed the vice of self-importance and -correctness and are stuck.

Jerry Shugart

I already explained it to you, you will have to consider it more carefully, for with the measure you use it will be measured to you.

Why won't you answer?:

What "deeds of the law" are being referred to here?:

"Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" (Ro.3:21).

God's Truth

Why won't you answer?:

What "deeds of the law" are being referred to here?:

"Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" (Ro.3:21).

The deeds of the law ARE CIRCUMCISION and all the other purification/ceremonial works.

Jerry Shugart

The deeds of the law ARE CIRCUMCISION and all the other purification/ceremonial works.

You said the ceremonial works saved:

So then, did the ceremonial works save? Of course it did, but it did not reconcile us to God the way Jesus' blood does.

But according to your interpretation of the following verse they did not save:

"Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin"
(Ro.3:21).​

You are so confused that you don't know if you are coming or going. And no wonder! Only those who know the things which are "freely" given to us have the spirit which is of God:

"Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God" (2 Cor.2:12).

Right Divider

Body part
The text about rightly dividing is not about that. It is about avoiding wrangling about words and getting practical things done. See the context.
More commentary from DingleBerry. What is the "word of truth" that we are to rightly divide?

The reason for viewing God's people as one now, is because of Ephesians. The idea that you would use Ephesians for separation is asinine. There are no such distinctions. How do we live our lives in another place? It is a childish construction.
:loser:

Unfortunately you have championed the vice of self-importance and -correctness and are stuck.
I would expect as much from someone that thinks that the word RESTFUL should be translated TOXIC.

God's Truth

You said the ceremonial works saved:
The ceremonial works used to save.

But according to your interpretation of the following verse they did not save:

The ceremonial works no longer save because Jesus came.

You are so confused that you don't know if you are coming or going. And no wonder! Only those who know the things which are "freely" given to us have the spirit which is of God:

"Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God" (2 Cor.2:12).

You are the one who is confused and does not understand.

God's Truth

More commentary from DingleBerry. What is the "word of truth" that we are to rightly divide?

:loser:

I would expect as much from someone that thinks that the word RESTFUL should be translated TOXIC.

The Jews were God's people because they were blood related to Abraham. God told Abraham that the Savior would be a blood relative of his.

The Jews were given the law by Moses to keep them connected to God until Jesus came.

The Gentiles were excluded because of the law WITH THE CEREMONIAL WORKS. There were Gentiles who might have done right and abstained from evil naturally---but they were still excluded because they did not get circumcised and do the other purification works. The priest used to daily sacrifice a lamb for the sins of the people who came into that covenant as evidenced by circumcision.

Jesus' body brought these two different people together, the Jews and the Gentiles, and the rules and regulations/ceremonial works were done away with, because now Jesus cleans us, he cleans us not by circumcision of the flesh but by circumcision of the heart.

I want so much to help you.

SaulToPaul 2

:chuckle:

God's Truth

You are trying to MASH God's dealing with His chosen people on the earth with His choosing of a body seated in heavenly places. That is why you are so immensely confused. You and most of churchianity today.
You do not understand that the earthly people who were chosen…the ones that were not accepted according to the New Covenant, to the Way of Jesus---those Jews were cut off.

The whole Bible flows together. God's Word is life for all.

Right Divider

Body part
The Jews were God's people because they were blood related to Abraham. God told Abraham that the Savior would be a blood relative of his.

The Jews were given the law by Moses to keep them connected to God until Jesus came.

The Gentiles were excluded because of the law WITH THE CEREMONIAL WORKS. There were Gentiles who might have done right and abstained from evil naturally---but they were still excluded because they did not get circumcised and do the other purification works. The priest used to daily sacrifice a lamb for the sins of the people who came into that covenant as evidenced by circumcision.

Jesus' body brought these two different people together, the Jews and the Gentiles, and the rules and regulations/ceremonial works were done away with, because now Jesus cleans us, he cleans us not by circumcision of the flesh but by circumcision of the heart.

I want so much to help you.
GT, you are the one that needs the help. Your story is also a fairy tale. I don't know where you got it, but the Bible teaches another story.

Israel is TEMPORARILY out of God's favor. They will be RESTORED.

The current dispensation of God was a mystery hidden in God. It is NOW that there is no distinction in His body. When the body is removed at the catching away, God will resume His earthly purpose.

Rom 11:15 (AKJV/PCE)
(11:15) For if the casting away of them [be] the reconciling of the world, what [shall] the receiving [of them be], but life from the dead?

This could not be more clear.

God's Truth

Why does Paul always forget to add "obedience" when He speaks of salvation?

It is from the imagination that says Paul did not preach obedience.

Philippians 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,

2 Corinthians 7:15 And his affection for you is all the greater when he remembers that you were all obedient, receiving him with fear and trembling.

Romans 1:5 Through him we received grace and apostleship to call all the Gentiles to the obedience that comes from faith for his name’s sake.

Romans 16:19 Everyone has heard about your obedience, so I rejoice because of you; but I want you to be wise about what is good, and innocent about what is evil.

Romans 16:26 but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all the Gentiles might come to the obedience that comes from faith—

2 Corinthians 9:13 Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, others will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else.

That scripture alone rebukes your doctrines.

2 Corinthians 10:6 And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete.

If everyone who believes is automatically obedient, then why is Paul ready to punish them for disobedience?

Eph 1:13-14 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:13) In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, (1:14) Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

After you believe .... sealed .... until the redemption....

No doubt you will not understand.

We have to BELIEVE THAT Jesus’ blood cleans us. We do NOT have to clean ourselves.

Right Divider

Body part
You do not understand that the earthly people who were chosen…the ones that were not accepted according to the New Covenant, to the Way of Jesus---those Jews were cut off.
The nation will be restored when the LORD returns to establish the kingdom and sit on the throne of His glory.

Matt 25:31 (AKJV/PCE)
(25:31) ¶ When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

The whole Bible flows together. God's Word is life for all.
Yes, it does. These cute sayings of your do nothing to change the fact that you are confused.

SaulToPaul 2

The context of 2 Timothy 2: service for the LORD, how to be approved, and it is all tied in with the things that Paul has said, and his gospel.

2 Timothy 2King James Version (KJV)

2 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.

2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.

3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

5 And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully.

6 The husbandman that laboureth must be first partaker of the fruits.

7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.

8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

9 Wherein I suffer trouble, as an evil doer, even unto bonds; but the word of God is not bound.

10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:

12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;

18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.

21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Right Divider

Body part
It is from the imagination that says Paul did not preach obedience.

Philippians 2:12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,

2 Corinthians 7:15 And his affection for you is all the greater when he remembers that you were all obedient, receiving him with fear and trembling.

Romans 1:5 Through him we received grace and apostleship to call all the Gentiles to the obedience that comes from faith for his name’s sake.

Romans 16:19 Everyone has heard about your obedience, so I rejoice because of you; but I want you to be wise about what is good, and innocent about what is evil.

Romans 16:26 but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all the Gentiles might come to the obedience that comes from faith—

2 Corinthians 9:13 Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, others will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else.

That scripture alone rebukes your doctrines.

2 Corinthians 10:6 And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete.

If everyone who believes is automatically obedient, then why is Paul ready to punish them for disobedience?
NONE of these are about EARNING ETERNAL LIFE.... which is a GIFT.

Get saved!

We have to BELIEVE THAT Jesus’ blood cleans us. We do NOT have to clean ourselves.
:dizzy:

ETERNAL LIFE is a GIFT, don't try to earn it.

God's Truth

Get saved!

:dizzy:

ETERNAL LIFE is a GIFT, don't try to earn it.

YOU SAID Paul did not preach obedience for salvation. I gave many scriptures that say he did.

Not only that, here are scriptures where Paul preaches to be saved is to have faith and repent.

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

Jerry Shugart

Which one of these two people remind you of God's UNtruth?:

"And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted" (Lk.18:9-14).​

God's UNtruth does not feel a need for the Lord's mercy because she walks in obedience.