ECT The Gospel in Romans 10

glorydaz

Why do you say that since I have always been a Mid-Acts believer?

Now you are just making up things in order to try to undermine my credibility.

What "credibility" would that be? You started a thread about me based on a LIE. Then you tried to edit your first post hoping that would distract everyone from what you were attempting to do. You're like a gambler that keeps doubling down on a losing hand. Give it up, Jerry. You have a lot to learn and you might as well admit it.

Danoh

Some say the Gospel isn't there. I say it is.

Paul has taught extensively in this chapter about the law and justification. The very first chapter speaks of the Gospel of Salvation. Are we just to forget the entire letter and claim Romans 10 has no back story? We "confess" what? That Jesus is Lord, the ONLY Saviour (God). Saviour from sin goes without saying. The Law with it's sacrifices for sin vs. the end of the Law for righteousness for all who believe. Separate the sacrificial death of Christ from the law, and the law has no meaning.

That He was "raised from the dead" includes His death burial and resurrection. With the heart man "believeth" unto righteousness. And what is in that word "believe"? The death, burial and resurrection is there. If it isn't then it isn't believing unto righteousness, as Paul has explained already. There it is.... the justification of faith. There isn't one single thing missing.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Romans 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.​

Yeah, there are some issues there I would have loved to compare understandings on.

For years now, and just about anywhere where those of Mid-Acts might explore the Scriptures, Jerry has come along to ruin the prospect that is the joy of simply exploring one another's respective Mid-Acts understandings; at times learning from one another; at times agreeing to disagree; just simply leaving others to their respective rate of growth, in the spirit of...

2 Corinthians 1:

24. Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand.

glorydaz

Yeah, there are some issues there I would have loved to compare understandings on.

For years now, and just about anywhere where those of Mid-Acts might explore the Scriptures, Jerry has come along to ruin the prospect that is the joy of simply exploring one another's respective Mid-Acts understandings; at times learning from one another; at times agreeing to disagree; just simply leaving others to their respective rate of growth, in the spirit of...

2 Corinthians 1:

24. Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand.

What kind of a home Bible study could we have if Jerry were invited? I wouldn't go....would you? It would be one thing if he held a Bible study at his house and we could elect to not attend. But, he doesn't. He barges into every house and literally stops the study in it's tracks. It's the exact same thing God's UNtruth does. Every thread gets taken over by these wanna be teachers. It's a shame, really.

I wouldn't be surprised if Paul didn't secretly love writing letters so he wouldn't have to deal with the Jerry's of this world. And, regardless of what Jerry claims....not everyone in any assemble is a believer.

glorydaz

What "credibility" would that be? You started a thread about me based on a LIE. Then you tried to edit your first post hoping that would distract everyone from what you were attempting to do. You're like a gambler that keeps doubling down on a losing hand. Give it up, Jerry. You have a lot to learn and you might as well admit it.

Why do you say that since I have always been a Mid-Acts believer?

Now you are just making up things in order to try to undermine my credibility.

You do know you already posted this, right?

Just so you don't feel lonesome, I reposted mine, too. :e4e: