The Global Warming Scam: A Bigger SCAM than first Suspected

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So, it is winter in the Northern Hemisphere. And it's normally colder. And there's news from the North Pole:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...le-to-freezing-point-50-degrees-above-normal/

Apparently the temperature has risen 50 degrees above normal to the point that the pole is melting. In the winter. At the North Pole. It's likely warmer to the North than it is further south.

Strange times. And sure, it's an El Niño. And sure, weird weather can happen anyway. But I don't think we've seen this in other El Niños. I wonder what could cause it...
And when someone else says it cold somewhere else, you yell about how we cannot look at one area or short-term result. :rolleyes:

rexlunae

And when someone else says it cold somewhere else, you yell about how we cannot look at one area or short-term result. :rolleyes:

I readily admitted in my post that it could just be a fluke. But there have been an awful lot of those lately, which is consistent with the predictions of Global Warming, and since the temperature measurements and the ocean acidity and the carbon dioxide concentration is all lining up with the predictions, it's worth considering what scientists are saying. But one event alone doesn't make the case.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nobody.

You made a statement you admit is useless. You should retract it.

Nazaroo

Rexlunae said:

Apparently the temperature has risen 50 degrees above normal
to the point that the pole is melting. In the winter. At the North Pole.
It's likely warmer to the North than it is further south

Actually no.

The most accurate report on this is available at SuspiciousObservers: Channel on YT

Go to 2:10 minutes and hear the report:

2:18:
"...I've been getting a lot of questions about the 'North Pole Heat wave,'
including worries about the end of ice.
Well thats not whats happening:
Not only is there a good deal of uncertainty in the estimates,
but even if it does break the freezing mark,
it would be at least the THIRD TIME in the last few decades that its happened.
..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNhmyuceILE

gcthomas

The part where you want to get a pass for making the same anecdotal appeal as you would criticize from others if they did similarly?

Let's see: Antarctica is gaining ice by the billions of tonnes per year.

Try here: what the author of the Study you quote says about your attitude:
http://mediamatters.org/research/2015/11/04/nasa-scientist-warned-deniers-would-distort-his/206612

NASA Scientist Warned Deniers Would Distort His Antarctic Ice Study -- That's Exactly What They Did

Research*November 4, 2015 11:51 AM EST*››› DENISE ROBBINS

A new NASA study found that there has been a net increase in land ice in Antarctica in recent years, despite a decline in some parts of the continent. The study's lead author astutely predicted that climate science deniers would distort the study, even though it does nothing to contradict the scientific consensus on climate change or the fact that sea levels will continue to rise.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
The part where you want to get a pass for making the same anecdotal appeal as you would criticize from others if they did similarly?

Let's see: Antarctica is gaining ice by the billions of tonnes per year.

Unfortunately, this study doesn’t change the fact that sea level rise has been accelerating since around 1870. Actually, it suggests that Antarctica’s ability to slow that rise is decreasing due to alarming trends in coastal mass loss.​

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ning-ice-heres-why-you-should-stay-skeptical/

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
See what I mean? :idunno:

The evolutionists make an anecdote and it's just ignored as if he had said something substantial, but actual data is presented and the evolutionists start screeching.

gcthomas

The evolutionists make an anecdote and it's just ignored as if he had said something substantial, but actual data is presented and the evolutionists start screeching.

The data showed that climate change is happening in Antarctica, with dramatically increased ice loss in the West and increased snow in the East, with ice loss due to outstrip the snow in a few years.

Did you think the paper suggested climate change wasn't happening?

Fool.

rexlunae

I'm not sure what this has to do with evolution. It's more about science versus fake science, of which creationism is an example, when they pretend that it's a science. But the difference is that warming denialists will point to a single weather event and suggest that it disproves warming entirely, without the acknowledgment of any context or need for further evidence.

zoo22

I'm not sure what this has to do with evolution. It's more about science versus fake science, of which creationism is an example, when they pretend that it's a science. But the difference is that warming denialists will point to a single weather event and suggest that it disproves warming entirely, without the acknowledgment of any context or need for further evidence.

Global warming? It's 35 degrees outside! What's warm about that?? That's all the evidence I need to see through this LIEberal hoax!

Anyway, didn't you rubes hear about the "global warming research" boat that got stuck in the ice!? Case closed!

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Warming denialists will point to a single weather event and suggest that it disproves warming entirely, without the acknowledgment of any context or need for further evidence.

Which you just did, you raving hypocrite.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:yawn:

Wake us up when you've got evidence that people are causing the world's temperature to rise, justifying billions of dollars in tax increases.