the four horsemen

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The four horsemen:

(Ezk 14:21) For thus saith the Lord God; How much more when I send my four sore judgments upon Jerusalem, the sword, and the famine, and the noisome beast, and the pestilence, to cut off from it man and beast?

It happened 66AD - 70AD (3.5 years)

John tells us it was Jerusalem. Jerusalem in 70AD was the harlot Babylon. Jerusalem in 70AD was spiritually called Sodom and Egypt:

(Rev 11:8) And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

can you name the four horsemen?

Anto9us

Rev 20:1

And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

Rev 20:2

And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

Rev 20:3

And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

---

What I was trying to ask -- if the Byzantine empire is the 1000 year reign -- does history after Byzantine empire's demise match what is in Rev ch 20 as "that which follows the 1000 years once they ended"

Anto9us

Rev 20:7

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

Rev 20:8

And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

Rev 20:9

And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Rev 20:10

And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

OCTOBER23

The rider of the pale horse is with us now
------------------------------------------------

PROBABLY, THE POPE ON HEARING OF SO MANY HOMO PRIESTS HORSING AROUND.

What a silly pagan religion.

How can anyone believe in Worshipping Mary or bowing down to Statues.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Rev 20:1

And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

Rev 20:2

And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

Rev 20:3

And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

---

What I was trying to ask -- if the Byzantine empire is the 1000 year reign -- does history after Byzantine empire's demise match what is in Rev ch 20 as "that which follows the 1000 years once they ended"

the christian religion was protected for a thousand years

many historians have suggested that we would be reading the koran had it not been for the byzantine empire

CherubRam

the christian religion was protected for a thousand years

many historians have suggested that we would be reading the koran had it not been for the byzantine empire

Christianity would not have been so weakened, if not for the millions of Christians killed by the Papacy.

Anto9us

Then following the "1000 years" -- Satan was only to be loosed for "a little season" -- not nearly ANOTHER 1000 years

and who was the Beast and False Prophet of the Beast who were ALREADY IN THE LAKE OF FIRE during the 1000 year reign -- if 1000 year reign was really the Byzantine Empire?

And why has "a little season" been SOOOOOOOOO LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG now ? ?

I'm just asking -- what interpretations can be made to all of the stuff that Revelation describes as happening AFTER the 1000 year reign -- if it is alleged that the 1000 years are OVER WITH?

Because if Byzantine Empire was the "1000 years" -- it's LONG OVER WITH -- so whence came the stuff Revelation describes as FOLLOWING the 1000 years?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Then following the "1000 years" -- Satan was only to be loosed for "a little season" -- not nearly ANOTHER 1000 years

and who was the Beast and False Prophet of the Beast who were ALREADY IN THE LAKE OF FIRE during the 1000 year reign -- if 1000 year reign was really the Byzantine Empire?

And why has "a little season" been SOOOOOOOOO LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG now ? ?

I'm just asking -- what interpretations can be made to all of the stuff that Revelation describes as happening AFTER the 1000 year reign -- if it is alleged that the 1000 years are OVER WITH?

Because if Byzantine Empire was the "1000 years" -- it's LONG OVER WITH -- so whence came the stuff Revelation describes as FOLLOWING the 1000 years?

do you know what recapitulation is all about?
you can't interpret the apocalypse without this understanding
the chapters are not necessarily in chronological order
so
each chapter must be analyzed on its own

there is no other way

Anto9us

I am just talking about NOTHING BUT CHAPTER 20 ITSELF

This one chapter - fifteen verses - starts before the 1000 year period begins; or right AS it begins, and describes Satan being bound for the 1000 years, - Satan gets out for a little season, has a Gog/Magog war (again?) -- makes war on the siants, and fire comes down from heaven and consumes the wicked

If Byzantine Empire was the 1000 years - what happened later (after fall of Byzantine Empire) that could be interpreted as those things in the above paragraph that happened subsequent to the 1000 years?

Or have they NOT HAPPENNED YET - and like Dispensationalists - we just put a huge GAP between stuff

Some people say NONE of Rev 20 has happened yet

I believe in recapitulation in some sense - for chapters in Revelation; as well as chapters 2 and 7 in Daniel (and other chapters)

all I'm asking is that if part of a chapter has already happened (i. e. - a Byzantine Empire came and went) what is the interpretation of events described in that same chapter that happen clearly CHRONOLOGICALLY LATER IN TIME to the 1000 years

FOR I DON'T SEE HOW ANYONE CAN POSSIBLY LOOK AT rEV 20 AND NOT SEE THAT

some happens DURING the 1000 years
and
some happens AFTER the 1000 years are ended -- it says that FLAT OUT

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
If Byzantine Empire was the 1000 years - what happened later (after fall of Byzantine Empire) that could be interpreted as those things in the above paragraph that happened subsequent to the 1000 years?

some of it, I believe, has not happened yet

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
At the final battle the blood of the unbelievers is so copious that it reaches to the level of the white horse's bridle.

Divine ethnic cleansing and a holy bloodbath.

Yum.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
the four horsemen

The rider of the white horse is Constantine from the white sea

The rider of the red horse is Mohammed from the red sea, Antichrist

The rider of the black horse is Marx from the black sea, communism

The rider of the pale horse is with us now

So you say Constantine did not come from the White Sea? This is true but did you know that even today the Turks refer to the [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediterranean_Sea#cite_ref-6"]Mediterranean Sea as the white sea[/URL]? It is a rough sea with what they call white caps, which makes it look white. Also did you know that bow in Genesis means covenant? Constantine started the Christian empire that was to last over a thousand years. It would not have happened without divine intervention.

To be continued…….

back to
the apocalypse

what are your views of the pale horse?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
this is the kind of bow the rider of the white horse has

Genesis 9:13King James Version (KJV)

13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.