The "FIX" for Obamacare is politically impossible to implement

jeffblue101

since multiple posters on the forum have pushed the myth of an Obamacare Fix, I just wanted to show you show the The fix for Obamacare is politically impossible to implement.

I'll let Obamacare Architect, Johnthan Gruber explain the "FIX" in his own words.

No, Obamacare is not imploding. First of all, the 22 percent increase, let's remember who that applies to. That applies to a very small fraction of people who have to buy insurance without the subsidies that are available. 85 percent of people buying insurance on these exchanges get subsidies and for those people, this premium increase doesn't affect them. Now for those remaining people, that is a problem and that's something we need to address, but it's not a crisis. It doesn't mean the system's collapsing. There's no sense it has to be fixed. The law is working as designed. However, it could work better. And I think, probably the most important thing experts would agree on is that we need a larger mandate penalty. We have individuals who are essentially free riding on the system. The penalty right now is probably too low and that's something, I think, ideally we would fix.

yeap pretty simple I say, just increase mandate penalty near the cost of having issuance and voilà you have perfectly working Obamacare exchange. :vomit: only in a twisted liberal mind is this morally acceptable or even politically viable.
to further this point that only a large mandate can fix Obamcare. in Switzerland their Obamcare like system has a a very strong penalty.
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/448890/end-employer-based-health-plans
As Avik Roy and others have pointed out, trying to build Swiss health-care architecture on American foundations is a project by no means guaranteed to succeed. Switzerland, for example, has enjoyed very strong compliance with its national health-insurance mandate. Part of that is cultural (the Swiss are rule-following people), and part of it is that Swiss government: If you fail to comply with the mandate, the Swiss government will garnishee your wages and charge you a penalty equivalent to the cost of the premiums plus up to 50 percent, and, if you persist, the government will sign you up for an insurance policy and allow the provider to sue you for back premiums covering the period during which you were uninsured. The American version is a little less robust, to say the least: The ACA mandate is “enforced” with a very small penalty that in most cases is nowhere near as expensive as signing up for insurance. That is, the Swiss have a system under which compliance makes economic sense, and we have a system under which non-compliance makes economic sense.

so unless Democrats are prepared to penalize Americans to the tune of thousand of dollars then they should stop with the nonsense talking point of an Obamacare fix.