• Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Amen, (or Amein if you prefer, :)).

John 17:1-3 The Scriptures (ISR 1998)
1 יהושע said these words, and lifted up His eyes to the heaven, and said, “Father, the hour has come. Esteem Your Son, so that Your Son also might esteem You,
2 as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give everlasting life to all whom You have given Him.
3 And this is everlasting life, that they should know You, the only true Elohim, and יהושע Messiah whom You have sent.
http://biblehub.com/isr/john/17.htm

Shalom.

Jacob

daqq

There is only one God that we worship, the God of Israel, YHVH. As an Israelite or one who studies Hebrew I can see His name in the Hebrew. It is the Hebrew letters pronounced yod hey vav hey. It has been said that His name is not pronounced. I have heard different pronunciations, and rejected Yahweh as a valid pronunciation. You are correct that elohiym or elohim does not refer only to God.

Shalom.

Jacob

By the way, when I said amen, I meant amen to how you spelled out "Yahweh", (which I also do not agree with), but not necessarily how you understand the pronunciation or reading waw|vav. But I do not see that as something necessary to be argued over, (unless you wish to discuss it here seeing it is your thread). There are some ancient texts, (and one primary small fragment from Qumran with the Trigrammaton in it), which have helped in guiding my understanding.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
By the way, when I said amen, I meant amen to how you spelled out "Yahweh", (which I also do not agree with), but not necessarily how you understand the pronunciation or reading waw|vav. But I do not see that as something necessary to be argued over, (unless you wish to discuss it here seeing it is your thread). There are some ancient texts, (and one primary small fragment from Qumran with the Trigrammaton in it), which have helped in guiding my understanding.

Shalom. Aside from the Hebrew letters that are pronounced yod hey vav hey the pronunciation of God's name may be Yahveh.

Shalom.

Jacob

daqq

Shalom. Aside from the Hebrew letters that are pronounced yod hey vav hey the pronunciation of God's name may be Yahveh.

Shalom.

Jacob

Says ΙΑΩΑ Elohim the Almighty: I am the ΩΑ
Isaiah 41:4, 43:10, 43:13, 46:4, 48:12, 52:6, (אני הוא [1QIsaaאני הואה])
(See also Trigrammaton:
4Q120, Codex Marchalianus, Vat.Gr.2125)

450px-4Q120_frg20.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4Q120

They were clearly reading the waw|vav as omega even before the advent of Meshiah.
But as I said, not really worth arguing over: to each his own I suppose.
Shalom-Peace. :)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Says ΙΑΩΑ Elohim the Almighty: I am the ΩΑ
Isaiah 41:4, 43:10, 43:13, 46:4, 48:12, 52:6, (אני הוא [1QIsaaאני הואה])
(See also Trigrammaton:
4Q120, Codex Marchalianus, Vat.Gr.2125)

450px-4Q120_frg20.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4Q120

They were clearly reading the waw|vav as omega even before the advent of Meshiah.
But as I said, not really worth arguing over: to each his own I suppose.
Shalom-Peace. :)

Shalom.

I have read your post and I do not understand it. I can read Hebrew in regard to most pronunciations, but God's name does not have vowel markings. However, one source does show vowel markings. However, this leaves people pronouncing God's name as Yehovah. I do not know Greek.

Shalom.

Jacob

daqq

Shalom.

I have read your post and I do not understand it. I can read Hebrew in regard to most pronunciations, but God's name does not have vowel markings. However, one source does show vowel markings. However, this leaves people pronouncing God's name as Yehovah. I do not know Greek.

Shalom.

Jacob

Yeah, since you can read Hebrew I posted what is found in the Great Isaiah Scroll, (Qumran - 1QIsaa). It reads the same in all those references which were posted. However, one must be willing and able to see that הוא, (הואה in the Isaiah Scroll), does not always simply mean "He" but can also be read, (especially by the Prophets), as ה "The", ו "Ω/O/U/", (Omega), אה "A/AH", (Alpha). So then, for instance, one such as Yohanan the Immerser, being the greatest of the Prophets having been born of women, might have read this as also individual letters with individual meanings, instead of simply "He", as in "I am He", (אני הוא in the modern text, without the pointing, but אני הואה in the Great Isaiah Scroll). So instead of simply, "I am He", it may also be read to say, "I am the ΩΑ", (
אני הואה). Now if you look at the context of each of those references in Yeshayahu, those which were posted previously above; it is clearly a distinct possibility that this is what the author intends, (though it cannot be said decisively because the phrase does indeed also mean, "I am He"). Shalom.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Yeah, since you can read Hebrew I posted what is found in the Great Isaiah Scroll, (Qumran - 1QIsaa). It reads the same in all those references which were posted. However, one must be willing and able to see that הוא, (הואה in the Isaiah Scroll), does not always simply mean "He" but can also be read, (especially by the Prophets), as ה "The", ו "Ω/O/U/", (Omega), אה "A/AH", (Alpha). So then, for instance, one such as Yohanan the Immerser, being the greatest of the Prophets having been born of women, might have read this as also individual letters with individual meanings, instead of simply "He", as in "I am He", (אני הוא in the modern text, without the pointing, but אני הואה in the Great Isaiah Scroll). So instead of simply, "I am He", it may also be read to say, "I am the ΩΑ", (
אני הואה). Now if you look at the context of each of those references in Yeshayahu, those which were posted previously above; it is clearly a distinct possibility that this is what the author intends, (though it cannot be said decisively because the phrase does indeed also mean, "I am He"). Shalom.

Interesting. Shalom.

Jacob