The Ever Present Problem of Atheism (HOF thread)

shima

Ok. I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but I guess you just don't know how to spell.

Really? Now where did I make such extreme obvious mistakes? Are you still annoyed that I spell Jezus like that? Its the spelling used in a lot of countries.

You don't think his original hebrew name was spelled "Jesus" now do you?

One Eyed Jack

Originally posted by shima
Really? Now where did I make such extreme obvious mistakes?

There is no such word as "awnser."

Are you still annoyed that I spell Jezus like that? Its the spelling used in a lot of countries.

None that speak English.

Of course not. The Hebrews didn't generally use the phoenetic alphabet.

Last edited:

LightSon

Originally posted by shima
Really? Now where did I make such extreme obvious mistakes? Are you still annoyed that I spell Jezus like that? Its the spelling used in a lot of countries.

Shima,
Please allow me to share my opinion on your spelling of Jesus' name.

Of course the spelling of Jesus' name is an English convention.

The particular spelling isn't really the issue, but rather, my concern is your motive in purposely and consistently doing something you know (or should know) will likely generate annoyance. Is this a technique used to mock Christians? Or perhaps you intend to mock Christ or our worldview?

Jesus Christ gave His life for us. We take upholding His honor seriously. You may disagree with us, but it would be helpful if you showed a modicum of respect by not mocking our savior.

claire

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Freak
RogerB-- like the Zakath clown look. Clowns ought to be exposed. :zakath:

Roger...Freak...

Zakath does more of a service to us (and for us) than 90 percent of the people with whom "Christians" associate themselves because of a "like" mind...

He makes us dig for the truth...the REAL truth, both within ourselves and in our world.... he tests what we believe, and WHY we believe it....he does God's work (sorry, Zakath, I know this will be a sore point with you :)

I find it amusing that men (and women) like Zakath, often lead exemplary lives, are non judgmental, seek the truth, and challenge what we consider to be best in us, without ever compromising their own sense of ethics and morality....and while I am still new and untried here...it appears to me that while Zakath questions...he doesn't attack....think of a person coming to a board such as this who was not a person of faith....which would be more appealing to him....the "person" that inquires, asks questions, puts us to the test, but does not personally attack...or the rigid, go straight to hell, do not pass go people of faith which abound in many of us....??

Interesting...:)

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by claire
He makes us dig for the truth...the REAL truth, both within ourselves and in our world.... he tests what we believe, and WHY we believe it....he does God's work (sorry, Zakath, I know this will be a sore point with you :)
Not particularly, claire. People will believe what they believe... My efforts here are frequently aimed at getting people to think. In kind of a "stone soup" sort of fashion, what comes out of that thinking depends entirely upon what the individual brings to it...

I find it amusing that men (and women) like Zakath, often lead exemplary lives, are non judgmental, seek the truth, and challenge what we consider to be best in us, without ever compromising their own sense of ethics and morality....and while I am still new and untried here...it appears to me that while Zakath questions...he doesn't attack....think of a person coming to a board such as this who was not a person of faith....which would be more appealing to him....the "person" that inquires, asks questions, puts us to the test, but does not personally attack...or the rigid, go straight to hell, do not pass go people of faith which abound in many of us....??
Thank you for your kind words. You ascribe far more virtue to me than is fitting. :eek:

shima

LightSon: The particular spelling isn't really the issue, but rather, my concern is your motive in purposely and consistently doing something you know (or should know) will likely generate annoyance.

Perhaps it would be time to examine why it generates so much annoyance. You are aware that we're talking about the same person, so I don't get why it annoys people so much.

Honestly, I went to a christian school, and the name "Jezus" was spelled like that.

Is this a technique used to mock Christians?

No.

Or perhaps you intend to mock Christ or our worldview?

Not by spelling Jezus like that.

RogerB

Originally posted by LightSon
Shima,
Please allow me to share my opinion on your spelling of Jesus' name.

Of course the spelling of Jesus' name is an English convention.

The particular spelling isn't really the issue, but rather, my concern is your motive in purposely and consistently doing something you know (or should know) will likely generate annoyance. Is this a technique used to mock Christians? Or perhaps you intend to mock Christ or our worldview?

Jesus Christ gave His life for us. We take upholding His honor seriously. You may disagree with us, but it would be helpful if you showed a modicum of respect by not mocking our savior.

LightSon,

shima does this from time to time, particularaly when he is feeling overwhelmed by the spirit of the Lord. Satan steps in and rules his mind.

RogerB

Originally posted by claire
Roger...Freak...

Zakath does more of a service to us (and for us) than 90 percent of the people with whom "Christians" associate themselves because of a "like" mind.....

.....not personally attack...or the rigid, go straight to hell, do not pass go people of faith which abound in many of us....??

Interesting...:)

In the end, his lies are far more harmful than good. Everything we need to know about this world is contained within God's word. Zak isn't a seeker with legitimate questions. He's a liar....Satan's puppet....hell-bound.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Originally posted by RogerB
Let him sleep. The real wake-up call is coming soon enough! I sincerely hope you hear it.....
Translation: "When Jesus gets back, boy are you gonna get it!"
:D :chuckle:

RogerB

Originally posted by Gerald
Post proof or retract.

:: punches RogerB in the throat, just as was done previously to Freak::

:: RogerB's throat opens to reveal stainless steel razors arranged on various circulating appendages instantly removing Gerald's hand. A self-affixing suction tube attaches to Gerald's radial artery successfully sucking every ounce of blood from his body in 3.2 seconds. Gerald's last words are "It burns!!! God....please....NO!!!" ::

Zakath

Resident Atheist
In the end, his lies are far more harmful than good. Everything we need to know about this world is contained within God's word.
Remember that statement the next time you get into your automobile (not found in the scriptures), log onto your computer (not in the scriptures), or take an antibiotic (not found in the scriptures)... :rolleyes:

Zak isn't a seeker with legitimate questions.
Of course not, he's found the truth. I'm no longer seeking for religious answers.

He's a liar....Satan's puppet....hell-bound.
Blah, blah, blah. Can you prove any one of those three statements, Roger? :think:

Gerald

Resident Fiend
:: RogerB's throat opens to reveal stainless steel razors arranged on various circulating appendages instantly removing Gerald's hand. A self-affixing suction tube attaches to Gerald's radial artery successfully sucking every ounce of blood from his body in 3.2 seconds. Gerald's last words are "It burns!!! God....please....NO!!!" ::
Hmmm...

Looks like you've been watching one of the Hellraiser pictures.

And you say you're a Christian! I'm shocked! :noway: Shocked and appalled!

Eeeevil as I am, I don't lower myself to viewing such sewage...

(Notice folks, how both RogerB and BillyBob have to resort to gory imagery, and I do not...;))

RogerB

Originally posted by Gerald
Hmmm...

Looks like you've been watching one of the Hellraiser pictures.

And you say you're a Christian! I'm shocked! :noway: Shocked and appalled!

Eeeevil as I am, I don't lower myself to viewing such sewage...

(Notice folks, how both RogerB and BillyBob have to resort to gory imagery, and I do not...;))

I was thing more along the lines of Alien.

You continue to show how little you know about Christians.