The Edge Whines

Status
Not open for further replies.

beanieboy

Nineveh said:
Pardon, but who is drawing a sword first here?

Nin - how old are you???? 5????

"He started it."

Turn the other cheek. Extend a hand.

Is that against your religion, too?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
beanieboy said:
Test your honesty. Have I said repeatedly that theologians are split on the issue? Yes or No? Is it true that theologians are split on the issue? Yes or no?

Honestly it doesn't matter what "thorologians" have to say. It matters what God says. Are you going to answer the question? In honesty, you could find a theologian who would agree with you that Jesus wasn't real, if that's what you wanted to do. So let's stick with the Bible. Does the God of the Bible stand against homosexuality both OT and NT?

It's something that you practice. I will point it out for you the next time I see it if you wish.

I wish you had an example before making the charge.

You can twist the bible to say anything, and people used the bible at one time to justify slavery.

But we are talking about homosexuality.
So, should I research the bible, or take the english version at face value?

It says the same thing in Hebrew, Greek and English.

On the contrary, I look to experts and those who have studied extensively to find out what they have discovered. It's being responsible.

Rather, you look to those who would keep you enslaved to your favorite sin.

I'm growing tired of your false accusations.

Um. I haven't accused you of anything here. Remember, this is about you judging me about bearing a false witness against you. So far I have a promise to have you point out if I do bear a false witness against you, but that's it :(

I don't turn the thread on me. I am asked questions, and I simply respond.
Accuse me falsely if you must. I'm simply growing tired of it.

Don't you ever get tired of starting something, then when it gets down to buisness, whining your way out of it? Stand up! You leveled a pretty big judgement against me, back it up!

Nineveh

Merely Christian
beanieboy said:
Nin - how old are you???? 5????

"He started it."

Um, beanie, that's a quote from The Edge you got there :)

Turn the other cheek. Extend a hand.

Is that against your religion, too?

Your intent was to be rude, I was simply pointing that out to you. If you really intend to "extend a hand", I'd prefer you not try to slap me with the other.

Last edited:

beanieboy

Nineveh said:
Um, beanie, that's a quote from The Edge you got there :)

Your intent was to be rude, I was simply pointing that out to you. If you really intend to "extend a hand", I'd prefer you not try to slap me with the other.

You misunderstood my post.

You responded with, "Who's swinging the sword first???"

That's a "he started it" response, and you are the one to start the thread.
Then you start another one against Dave Miller.

Is that all you have to bring to the table? Attacking poster after poster?

Maybe if you didn't start at a confrontational place, you wouldn't be responded to in the same way.
The choice is yours.

Namaste

Nineveh

Merely Christian
beanieboy said:
You misunderstood my post.

You responded with, "Who's swinging the sword first???"

That's a "he started it" response, and you are the one to start the thread.
Then you start another one against Dave Miller.

Is that all you have to bring to the table? Attacking poster after poster?

Maybe if you didn't start at a confrontational place, you wouldn't be responded to in the same way.
The choice is yours.

Namaste

When you are finished whining about the inconsequential things, maybe you will actually reply to the important points?

beanieboy

Nineveh said:
When you are finished whining about the inconsequential things, maybe you will actually reply to the important points?

I did answer.

If you chose not to respond or read, that's out of my control.

Namaste

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Here let me help you:

beanieboy said:
Test your honesty. Have I said repeatedly that theologians are split on the issue? Yes or No? Is it true that theologians are split on the issue? Yes or no?

Honestly it doesn't matter what "thorologians" have to say. It matters what God says. Are you going to answer the question? In honesty, you could find a theologian who would agree with you that Jesus wasn't real, if that's what you wanted to do. So let's stick with the Bible. Does the God of the Bible stand against homosexuality both OT and NT?

It's something that you practice. I will point it out for you the next time I see it if you wish.

I wish you had an example before making the charge.

You can twist the bible to say anything, and people used the bible at one time to justify slavery.

But we are talking about homosexuality.
So, should I research the bible, or take the english version at face value?

On the contrary, I look to experts and those who have studied extensively to find out what they have discovered. It's being responsible.

I'm growing tired of your false accusations.

Um. I haven't accused you of anything here. Remember, this is about you judging me about bearing a false witness against you. So far I have a promise to have you point out if I do bear a false witness against you, but that's it :(

I don't turn the thread on me. I am asked questions, and I simply respond.
Accuse me falsely if you must. I'm simply growing tired of it.

Don't you ever get tired of starting something, then when it gets down to buisness, whining your way out of it? Stand up! You leveled a pretty big judgement against me, back it up!

beanieboy

Nineveh said:
Here let me help you:
I have listed places where experts discuss it.
You won't even read what someone who has studied it intensively has found.

That's funny. There isn't a word "homosexual" in the original bible, because the word was coined in the 18th century.

Yours seems to being arrogant, proud, and stubborn.

You constantly accuse me of hijacking threads. That is false witness.

Which you answered by saying I was whining.

When anyone confronts you, you say they are whining. That is your childish way of defending yourself.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
beanieboy said:
I have listed places where experts discuss it.
You won't even read what someone who has studied it intensively has found.

Answer the question.

That's funny. There isn't a word "homosexual" in the original bible, because the word was coined in the 18th century.

You mean you of all people don't know what "men laying with men" means?

Yours seems to being arrogant, proud, and stubborn.

First, you accuse me of bearing false witness and for your proof you merely offer to "point it out next time". Do you have examples of these charges?

You constantly accuse me of hijacking threads. That is false witness.

Except you have this one, haven't you? And I've only made that statement once. So your "constantly accusing" accusation is false.

Which you answered by saying I was whining.

When anyone confronts you, you say they are whining. That is your childish way of defending yourself.

Instead of this being about you, try reading what I said again:

Stand up! You leveled a pretty big judgement against me, back it up!

C

cattyfan

Nineveh said:
I guess when beanie is done and the edge shows back up?

do we suspect a connection similar to !!!!First and servent101 ?

(like a soap opera...the evil twin :bannana: :devil: )

Nineveh

Merely Christian
cattyfan said:
do we suspect a connection similar to !!!!First and servent101 ?

(like a soap opera...the evil twin :bannana: :devil: )

EEgads, I should hope not :ha:

beanieboy

Nineveh said:
Answer the question.
You mean you of all people don't know what "men laying with men" means?[/quote}

If you would like to start a thread on "Is Homosexuality Biblically Wrong", I can cut and paste what you are too lazy to look up.

In my opinion, looking at both sides, I would have to say no.

First, you accuse me of bearing false witness and for your proof you merely offer to "point it out next time". Do you have examples of these charges?
I will point them out as they occur from this point on.

Except you have this one, haven't you? And I've only made that statement once. So your "constantly accusing" accusation is false.
If this be true, you have nothing to worry about. All past accusations I will disregard. Don't accuse me of hijacking a thread, or making about me unjustly, and I will not accuse you of doing it.

Stand up! You leveled a pretty big judgement against me, back it up!

At every time I see it, I will now point it out, at your request.

Namaste

Nineveh

Merely Christian
The question: Does the God of the Bible stand against homosexuality both OT and NT?

beanieboy said:
In my opinion, looking at both sides, I would have to say no.

Then when I say you try to make God agree with you, I am not in error. You go 'round-about hiding behind theologians, but when it comes right down to it, the God of Scriptures calls your perversion an abomination and unworthy of the Kingdom. OT and NT.

I will point them out as they occur from this point on.

Then you would do well to hold your judgements until you have evidence to back them up. Otherwise you might get accused of bearing false witness.

If this be true, you have nothing to worry about. All past accusations I will disregard. Don't accuse me of hijacking a thread, or making about me unjustly, and I will not accuse you of doing it.

If I accused you wrongly, would you expect me to apologize? Should I expect the same from you?

At every time I see it, I will now point it out, at your request.

Just remember there is more to judging rightly than merely your opinion :)

beanieboy

(Sigh)

Do you wish to go verse by verse?
I will explain what some scholars believe, and show that it isn't what you believe.
You will then accuse me of trying to make God agree with me, but the evidence is there.
You make a big deal out of the issue, but don't even care to do research.

So I see the debate as pointless.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
I'm not getting into a scholarly debate with the likes of EM or Ninny. They twist things around and too busy pointing fingers. I planted the seed. You don't like it, don't drag me into the back alley for a throwdown. That's not Christian behavior. I'm too busy protecting America and your freedom to act like this and spending time with my family

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
See, Ninny, I'm not going to discuss it with you and Erin Marie because you ladies have your little clique and you have the battle fixed against anyone who stands against you. I won't give you the satisfaction. So go back to your little clique, claim your victory, and then stay there. I am too busy to waste my time with the two of you and the few others who firmly stand with you. You twist things aorund and point fingers and never act humble. Frankly, I rarely ever see Christ in you. I won't participate in a "Ninny Whines" thread which is what this is.

I'm so confident I'll even put it to a vote. Go see my vote thread in chit chat. We'll see what the majority opinion of me on the board is.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Erin Marie, coming back out with her claws drawn for some more Edge blood. How typical.

Put your claws away my dear, and go back to your sandbox ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.