ECT The Definition of Musterion and why the Gospel was not a Mystery

Danoh

No one knew the Messiah was coming to die for their sins, even though it was written down.
You may as well face the facts.

So much for Isaiah, and Daniel, et al.

So much for the Lord having expected the Twelve to have understood and believed it.

One aspect of a thing being hidden from an individual's understanding is the issue of where said individual is looking at a thing from, to begin with.

This sense of "hidden" or "mystery" is much more prevalent throughout the Scripture, then its other two aspects - plain old not revealed to anyone, and plain old not revealed but only to the initiated.

The Twelve were privy to the third of those three meanings, but would often end up at the first of said three meanings, due to their focus.

Nevertheless, Romans 5:8.

Interplanner

I don't do STP on 'hidden in plain sight' when referring to the OT. He's about as confused as it gets.

The whole problem starts with a movement that says the Bible is a confusing mess that 'needs' their fix. That's what stands behind the literal readers that defy so much of the NT. That created an RT so they'd have more support because now, man, they really had a clear enemy.

It is actually amusing that STP would use that expression because it means the opposite of what he believes about the NT, or else we have no actual disagreement. I do not find D'ists able to avoid their love for disagreement; their identity is wrapped up in disagreeing.

The Gospel is hidden in plain sight in the OT. That is what Rom 1 and 16 and 2 Cor 5 say. Paul's 'revealed to me' did not mean it was not there, Eph 3 on that. It means it was hidden to how intertestament, post-exile Judaism moved. Most of the NT is written in conflict with IT,P-E Judaism.

SaulToPaul 2

It is actually amusing that STP would use that expression because it means the opposite of what he believes about the NT, or else we have no actual disagreement. I do not find D'ists able to avoid their love for disagreement; their identity is wrapped up in disagreeing.

The Gospel is hidden in plain sight in the OT. That is what Rom 1 and 16 and 2 Cor 5 say. Paul's 'revealed to me' did not mean it was not there, Eph 3 on that. It means it was hidden to how intertestament, post-exile Judaism moved. Most of the NT is written in conflict with IT,P-E Judaism.

Made up. The nuts and bolts were back there, you can see them now, after God has revealed it.