ECT The churches are in dire need of understanding this!

popsthebuilder

Hi and I meant , is the Body of Christ the SAME as a VINE and BRANCHES ?

If you say bthere are commandments , where are they and where is the PROOF ??

DAN P
Proof of what?

Do you want the texts showing the believers are the branches that make up the body of the vine?

Do you want the verses that show that the law of the Spirit is written in the heart and mind of the believer?

Do you want to see Jesus's words that specify the two commands that all the law hangs on?

What exactly would you like to discuss?

DAN P

Proof of what?

Do you want the texts showing the believers are the branches that make up the body of the vine?

Do you want the verses that show that the law of the Spirit is written in the heart and mind of the believer?

Do you want to see Jesus's words that specify the two commands that all the law hangs on?

What exactly would you like to discuss?

Hi and you talked about keeping COMMANDMENTS , and what those commandments and verses ?

dan p

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So what about scripture that specifically says there is no additional atonement for sin? We cannot continue in knowing sin or else we do not know Christ or love GOD. There is no additional payment for sin. Those who are believers in the work, teachings, example, and self sacrifice of the Christ are with no excuse, and should work out their salvation with fear and trembling.
If you are relying on any of your own righteousness and obedience, instead of the righteousness and obedience of the Lord Jesus Christ ONLY, then you have become ...

Romans 10:3 KJV
(3) For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

popsthebuilder

If you are relying on any of your own righteousness and obedience, instead of the righteousness and obedience of the Lord Jesus Christ ONLY, then you have become ...

Romans 10:3 KJV
(3) For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
No..... Sorry; following Christ isn't attempting to establish your own, and submitting to His righteousness is not wallowing in the mire.

popsthebuilder

Hi and you talked about keeping COMMANDMENTS , and what those commandments and verses ?

dan p
Matthew: 5. 16. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. 17. Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 34. But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne: 35. Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King. 36. Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black. 37. But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil. 39. But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40. And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also. 41. And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. 42. Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away. 44. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 45. That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. 46. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? 47. And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? 48. Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

(Though I have not attained to such (sinlessness), nor would admit to it if I did, but anything is possible for those with faith in Christ.

After you have reviewed these texts please let me know; I will move forward; if you would listen. Perhaps your contributions could help me....

peace

ZacharyB

Sin’s Power Is Broken – is the heading for Romans 6 (New Living Translation)
6 so that sin might lose its power in our lives
6 we are no longer slaves to sin
7 we were set free from the power of sin
10 he died once to break the power of sin
11 consider yourselves to be dead to the power of sin
12 do not let sin control the way you live;
do not give in to sinful desires
13 do not let any part of your body become
an instrument of evil to serve sin (a la Mark 9:43)
14 sin is no longer your master
16 you can be a slave to sin,
which leads to death, or …
16 you can choose to obey God,
which leads to righteous living
18 you are free from your slavery to sin
19 you must give yourselves to be slaves to
righteous living so that you will become holy
22 you are free from the power of sin
22 do those things that lead to holiness
and result in eternal life
23 for the wages of sin is death
All of the above are direct quotes from the New Living Translation (NLT).
The time is running very short for you to REPENT and get with God’s will for your life!
Repenting of a sin (this what the Lord requires of you):
• have sorrow over doing it
• confess it before the Lord
• ask the Lord for forgiveness
• stop doing it

DAN P

Matthew: 5. 16. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. 17. Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 34. But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne: 35. Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King. 36. Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black. 37. But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil. 39. But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40. And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also. 41. And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. 42. Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away. 44. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 45. That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. 46. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? 47. And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? 48. Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

(Though I have not attained to such (sinlessness), nor would admit to it if I did, but anything is possible for those with faith in Christ.

After you have reviewed these texts please let me know; I will move forward; if you would listen. Perhaps your contributions could help me....

peace

Hi and it is easy , who is the writer speaking to ?

To Israel NOT the Body of Christ !!

dan p

Right Divider

Body part
Sin’s Power Is Broken – is the heading for Romans 6 (New Living Translation)
6 so that sin might lose its power in our lives
6 we are no longer slaves to sin
7 we were set free from the power of sin
10 he died once to break the power of sin
11 consider yourselves to be dead to the power of sin
12 do not let sin control the way you live;
do not give in to sinful desires
13 do not let any part of your body become
an instrument of evil to serve sin (a la Mark 9:43)
14 sin is no longer your master
16 you can be a slave to sin,
which leads to death, or …
16 you can choose to obey God,
which leads to righteous living
18 you are free from your slavery to sin
19 you must give yourselves to be slaves to
righteous living so that you will become holy
22 you are free from the power of sin
22 do those things that lead to holiness
and result in eternal life
23 for the wages of sin is death
All of the above are direct quotes from the New Living Translation (NLT).
The time is running very short for you to REPENT and get with God’s will for your life!
Repenting of a sin (this what the Lord requires of you):
• have sorrow over doing it
• confess it before the Lord
• ask the Lord for forgiveness
• stop doing it
It's just absolutely STUNNING that you STOP HALF WAY through verse 23.

Rom 6:23 (AKJV/PCE)
(6:23) For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Get saved!

ZacharyB

It's just absolutely STUNNING that you STOP HALF WAY through verse 23.
Rom 6:23 (AKJV/PCE)
(6:23) For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
1) You have no clue as to Paul's very tactful method of writing to believers
whom he wants to be popular with, i.e. welcome to visit so he can teach them more, etc.
2) God's gift remains His gift unto eternal life to the faithful, obedient, etc. believers
3) The "sin" referred to is that of the Roman believers
4) The "but" refers to another group of believers, i.e. dose dear 1's in point (2)

Sorry, but the whole NT is beyond you - you only believe half of the verses.
And you only understand half of some the verses (a la 6:23).
Butski, you belong here with the rest of the spiritually blind ones.

popsthebuilder

Hi and it is easy , who is the writer speaking to ?

To Israel NOT the Body of Christ !!

dan p
Wow.

Don't you know there is no gentile or Jew any longer? The seed of Israel was spread throughiut the world. Circumcision is of the spirit.

You are out of your league.

When you come to your senses let me know, as I would rather enjoy actual conversation.

So you think you can't fix stupid; what about being deceived by man? Can you fix that?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Now, as we are entering into the end times, the time is short indeed for believers
to become true believers … by starting to obey Jesus’ commandments!

P

Speak for yourself about living in end-times; I am not living in end-times. :mmph:

Danoh

Speak for yourself about living in end-times; I am not living in end-times. :mmph:

A thought....

Romans 13:11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. 13:12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

Romans 16:20 And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

In short, in Scripture, time is ever viewed as being "the end times."

We're thrown off about that by our sense of time.

2 Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
A thought....

Romans 13:11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. 13:12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

Romans 16:20 And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

2 Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Well, that's interesting. I was speaking rather tongue in cheek, my time is before end-times. If one died in the fist century, or died in the twenty-first century, it does not matter because on;y the living are rapturea alive. Those in Christ are Rapture as living dead, when the spirit leaves the body.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
A thought....

Well, that's interesting. I was speaking rather tongue in cheek, my time is before end-times. If one died in the fist century, or died in the twenty-first century, it does not matter because on;y the living are rapturea alive. Those in Christ are Rapture as living dead, when the spirit leaves the body.