The Call of the Holy Spirit to be Saved

Robert Pate

Banned
The Holy Spirit is in the world calling all to come to Jesus Christ and be saved. Some hear the call and without hesitation hear and believe. Others hear and without hesitation reject.

On the day of Pentecost 8,000 Jews heard and believed Peter's Gospel and were saved, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4. They heard about the "Wonderful works of God" Acts 2:11.and were convicted by the Holy Spirit of their need for Christ and became Christians. It was indeed a miraculous event.

Nothing like this had ever happened before, nor has anything like this happened since. God was revealing to the apostles and all that were there what he had accomplished in his Son Jesus Christ, which were the "Wonderful works of God" or the Gospel. Up until then the apostles had no idea of what God had accomplished in his Son Jesus Christ, but now they knew and were in powered by what they heard. The lowly disciples became powerful preachers of the Gospel.

The Pharisees called them and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus, but Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to harken unto you more than unto God, you judge. for we cannot but speak of the things which we have seen and heard" Acts 4:18-20.

Once someone knows, hears and believes the Gospel it is impossible to shut them up. The scripture says that they went everywhere preaching Jesus. It was God's purpose that the Gospel should go into all of the world. On the day of Pentecost there were people there from all over that part of the world, Acts 2:5, that heard and believed Peter's Gospel. What did they do? After Pentecost they went home and told their neighbors what they had seen and heard. The Gospel is what gave birth to the New Testament church.

Paul wrote, "So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" which is the Gospel, Romans 10:17. The Gospel is always accompanied by the Holy Spirit, they are inseparable. When one hears that Jesus died on the cross for their sins the Holy Spirit is present to convict them of their need to receive Christ as their savior and be saved. Unfortunately not all hear and believe. Sometimes the unbelievers eyes just kind of glaze over and they seem to go into a trance, staring out into space as they reject Christ and his Gospel. I have seen it happen many times.

Robert Pate

Banned
The Spirit of God is in the world, it has always been here. No one knows what life would be like without the Spirit of God. There are many manifestations of God's Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the one that convicts us of sin and our need for Christ as our savior.

I was convicted of my need for Christ 49 years ago. I turned on the TV, Billy Graham was giving the alter call. all that I heard was... "But that thy blood was shed for thee" That was it. The Holy Spirit fell on me like a ton of bricks. I have not been the same since. How do I know that it was the Holy Spirit? I suddenly became aware of all of the years of indifference and rejection of the one who shed his blood for me and it broke my heart. As the song goes... "Years I spent in vanity and pride knowing not my Lord was crucified". I knew it, but I didn't want to believe it because it calls for a response. I didn't want to respond. I was your typical sin loving sinner.

I like to hear testimonies about how people were saved. What is your testimony?