The Caliphate vs. The Kingdom. What is “the gospel of the kingdom” of Christ

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[The Caliphate vs. The Kingdom. What is “the gospel of the kingdom” of Christ and why is it our hope in such dark times? By Joel Rosenberg Updated Dallas, Texas] "This weekend here in Dallas, I taught Part #3 of a series of messages I’m delivering across the country this month on what Apocalyptic Islam is, why it’s a threat to us, and how the Church ought to respond.

Here are the links to my notes for the first two messages.

1.Part #1 — What’s the difference between Apocalyptic Islamic eschatology & Biblical eschatology? And why does it matter?
2.Part #2 — ISIS waging war of genocide against Christians in the Mideast. New UN report provides chilling details.

Here at Prestonwood Baptist Church, I spoke on “The Caliphate Vs. The Kingdom.” I explained why Iranian and ISIS leaders are so fervent about the coming of their so-called messiah (the Mahdi) and their Islamic kingdom (the caliphate), and asked whether Christians are anywhere near as passionate about the Second Coming of Jesus Christ and the establishment of His actual, literal, physical Kingdom on earth.

Over the last several years, I’ve been doing a personal study in the Scriptures on the whole notion of “the gospel of the kingdom.” What is the kingdom, exactly? Why is it a matter of good news for believers? How can anticipating the coming of the kingdom be a source of great hope in dark times? I have to say this study has been especially encouraging as I’ve been studying the caliphate and Apocalyptic Islamic eschatology. There are some similarities, but the contrasts are striking, and important.

What’s more, as we begin 2016 — as we begin the process of choosing the next President of the United States and so many other national leaders — we also need to have a deeper understanding of Christ’s kingdom. We need to constantly remember that the Lord is sovereign over our electoral process, that He may not give us the candidates want to win, and in fact He may allow horrible, corrupt, even dangerous leaders to win control of the United States. I hope not. I pray not. But should this happen, all the more we will need to understand “the gospel of the kingdom” and live with the hope that our King is coming soon to make all things right.

As soon as I can, I hope to post a link to the video or audio of the message. But for now, here some of the notes I used, particularly the Scriptures that formed the basis of the message. Please print them out and study them yourself, and as a couple and with your kids and your small group Bible study. And please feel free to share these notes with others on social media. Hope you find them helpful. God bless.

“THE CALIPHATE VS. THE KINGDOM” — sermon notes

•As darkness falls over the world, and particularly over Middle East….
•As the forces of freedom are in retreat….
•As Iran’s Apocalyptic Islamic regime and its nuclear program is not neutralized but rather rewarded by the West and as the regime becomes even more aggressive….
•As the forces of the Islamic State — also driven by Apocalyptic Islam

— wage a war of genocide against Christians in Iraq and Syria in order to hasten the establishment of their Islamic kingdom or caliphate and the coming of their so-called messiah, the Mahdi….

•As our religious liberties here at home are under relentless assault…..
•As Americans murder 58 million unborn babies and there seems no end in sight….
•As our faith and our values are constantly trashed by our nation’s elites….
•As Washington seems unable or unwilling to steer the ship of state back in the right direction….
•As the two presidential front-runners give us little confidence they can or will turn the country in the right direction either….
•And as many in the Church turn their back on Christ and His Word and His people….

It is important for followers of Jesus Christ to remember, to study more closely — and to preach faithfully and without hesitation– what the Bible calls “the gospel of the Kingdom.”

The good news is that we have a King. He is coming. He adopted us into His royal family. And He will reign forever. He will establish justice and righteousness. He will make all things right, and all things new. This is our hope in an increasing dark world. And we must hold fast to it now as never before.

THE HEBREW PROPHETS FORETOLD THE COMING OF THE KINGDOM..." Full text: The Caliphate vs. The Kingdom. What is “the gospel of the kingdom” of Christ and why is it our hope in such dark times? Mt 24:6

Inside the pockets of President Obama: Rosary beads blessed by Pope Francis :Nineveh: Eze 38:3

Flashback:

Erdogan Is Emerging As The Best Candidate For Antichrist As He Is Now Demanding To Change Set Times And Set Laws by :CRASH: Walid Shoebat,
14cb6a3adcf1bbbb81847de852c5913d.gif
Vatican puppet :eek:linger:

Also see:

Lie to the Infidel: ‘Taqiyya’--How Islamic Extremists Deceive the West

Last edited:

Krsto

You've totally ignored the fact the Kingdom began in the first century and is still here. It's not confined to the second coming.

Krsto

Mt. 6:10 speaks of an increase of what already is, not a future coming.

Rom. 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Mk. 1:15 The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Over the last several years, I’ve been doing a personal study in the Scriptures on the whole notion of “the gospel of the kingdom.” What is the kingdom, exactly? Why is it a matter of good news for believers? How can anticipating the coming of the kingdom be a source of great hope in dark times? I have to say this study has been especially encouraging as I’ve been studying the caliphate and Apocalyptic Islamic eschatology. There are some similarities, but the contrasts are striking, and important.

His kingdom is not of this world
and
islam is the second beast of the apocalypse

learned this from my research

Krsto

His kingdom is not of this world
and
islam is the second beast of the apocalypse

learned this from my research

If Islam is the 2nd beast we might as well throw the Catholic Church in there since it has at times been just as destructive, legalistic, intolerant, abusive, etc. as the worst Islam has given us.

Krsto

Well at least the Saudis are getting their way by bribing instead of bombing.

Thanks for that article. It failed to mention the fact Saudi Arabia will go bankrupt if it keeps oil output as high as it does. They have been trying to put the shale fracking business in the US out of business by lowering the prices below where they think the US can feasibly do fracking but it's not working. We are actually moving closer to energy independence and it's giving the Saudis a headache.

Last edited:

Interplanner

Joel needs to sell books; I don't.

The worst way to try to understand the gospel of the kingdom is to place it in the stream of events in 2015. It is the gospel that belongs to the kingdom, but it's contents is not the kingdom. There is one Gospel, and it has the power of God to compel men to believe and live rightly, and it does compete with the Caliphate. But Mt 24 etc and the Rev are not about the events of 2015.

Mt24A is about 1st century Judea; B is about the worldwide judgement of God and needs no 'events' to happen in the middle east or anywhere. It was expected right after A and right after the destruction of Jerusalem (which is the subject of A) but a delay was indicated and indeed is the reality we are in now, before the coming day of judgement. This is thoroughly explained by 2 Pet 3.

And Joel, while you try to list all the features of the sunset on the Christian West, I work in script-writing and last year 'faith-based' or 'Christian' films was not even a category at the archive I work with and store things at. This year it is, because they can't ignore market.

Too many things just don't line up the way you think and in connection with 'prophecy' (which is not what they had in mind at all). Just confine yourself to showing what a nutcase Obama is about the history of Islam, or even about climate. That would suffice. He's a young boy trying to entertain and mesmerize a crowd, but he's frikkin 47 now and in the White House.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
If Islam is the 2nd beast we might as well throw the Catholic Church in there since it has at times been just as destructive, legalistic, intolerant, abusive, etc. as the worst Islam has given us.

we used to burn people
but
only those who had some influence on others
so
you would have nothing to worry about

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
we used to burn people

And you will be burning soon. :burnlib:

How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously,
So much torment and sorrow give her:
For she saith in her heart, I sit a queen,
And am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.
Therefore shall her plagues come in one day,
Death, and mourning, and famine;
And she shall be utterly burned with fire:
For strong is the Lord God who judgeth her. :popcorn: Re 18:7–8