The brass snake and spiritual healing

Gary K

Banned

Num 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
Num 21:7 Therefore the people came to Moses, and said, We have sinned, for we have spoken against the LORD, and against thee; pray unto the LORD, that he take away the serpents from us. And Moses prayed for the people.
Num 21:8 And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live.
Num 21:9 And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.

Now what does this brass snake Moses created have to do with spiritual healing?

oh 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

As Moses lifted up the brass serpent in the wilderness and the people who looked at it lived so when we look to Jesus when He was lifted up on the cross so will we be saved. It's "looking" at Jesus and that incredible display of love that saves us for we can't constantly look at that display of love and not be changed by it.

Jer_31:3 The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

Love is the most powerful force in the universe. It is that which draws us to Jesus and salvation for we are by nature self destructive as sin is self destructiveness. Look around us in today's world and it is undeniable.